Monday

Remember: Ginger Rogers Did Everything Fred Astaire Did but Backwards and In Heels

I want to thank everyone who supported my family and Dad through this tough time of losing my grandmother. The friends that came to Abilene made it all so special and really warmed my dads heart. The funeral was beautiful. It was great seeing everyone and hope to see you again very soon!

We had a nice weekend and a wonderful dinner with friends on Saturday. My two dear friends, Jill and Shannon came in town last night and are spending the week with me. We have been planning this week for a while so we are so happy to be together. My lovely husband made us dinner last night and we just talked forever these are the moments to treasure.

My great friend Somer took me to see an amazing speaker this week (warrenmacdonald.com) at the Gaylord this week. He is an Aussie and a very inspirational person. I am going to be following him as we all should. If we ever need a little emotional boost just take a look at his story. :)

I am getting my car fixed up today so I will be able to drive. I am really looking forward to this independence and having the ability to put a little more freedom into my daily life.

The title of this post I was greeted with an awesome package this weekend. Nancy sent me the best plaque ever. The background says "YOU GO GIRL" with the above title on top. It was such a motivating thing for me and put a smile on my face. THANK YOU so much Nancy!

I have a doctor appointment. this week for a follow-up on my new Fred & Ginger's as well as getting my hands started yeah! I'm really looking forward to it.

Matthew started 4th grade today. He is very excited and we are so looking forward to this year. This is a new year in so many ways and we are anxious to see what it will bring.

Love,
Jen

13 comments:

Cecile Brownlee said...

Jen,
It looks like you have a wonderful week planned and so many things to look forard to....And oh, to have your car ready for you to get out and about shopping and doing all the things you love to do. Don't forgoet about all of us that are here to help you have fun. Just kidding!
I an so excited about getting to meet Jill and Shannon Tuesday night for sushi. We will all have a blast.
I am so glad that I got to see Marilyn and Randy just as they got into Dallas on Saturday. Randy, I know that you have had a hard, long and emotional week. Please take care of yourself...And Marilyn, try and get some rest for yourself too. See you both very soon. Sorry you did not meet us Saturday night for dinner. The risotta was so yummy!!!!!!!
Well, guess I better go and get caught up with mu chores....See you Tuesday evening.
Love,
Cecile

Marilyn and Randy said...

Randy and I want to echo Jenny's comments about the support we have received since Mimi's death. The funeral was very simple but very nice and we so appreciate all of the cards, flowers and words of
encouragement. Martha mentioned to me today that it has been 5 months since Jen became ill...but it feels like 5 years! We are so blessed with the friends and strangers alike who have held us up and give us the strength to keep moving day by day.
Jen is getting stronger and continues to give us all strength with her sense of humor and positive outlook. Randy and I need to take lessons from her every once in a while when we are having a particularly difficult time..and we do.
This will be another busy week but one that she is looking forward to with her Kansas friends.
Our friend Sharon Ringler continues to improve following her lung surgery at MD Anderson and we are so grateful for that positive outcome.

I will check in again very soon with more news..miss you all so much.

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Mother Muffy....here again. Jen as always, it was wonderful to see you. I miss your smile. Looking forward to getting to Dallas. I will be there soon.

Love to you, MM (dallas wanna be)
gl

Anonymous said...

MM again....I forgot to check in and let you know....we are having a Muffy gathering tomorrow night, fortifying ourselves with a little vodka as the cabana boys fetch and tote for us. hee hee. Keith has already made the all important liquor run and has the grill ready to rock...so think of us as we gather and joke and ....well you know some of the things we do....:-) LOL gl

Martha said...

I think MiMi would have been happy and proud!! The funeral was beautiful, and the gathering afterwords was fun and the food was so delicious. It was perfect that all could come back to her home and enjoy all the happy memories that she, Ray and the kids made there. I am so lucky to be a part of Randy, Richard and Raejeans lifes. MiMi was such a great mother and friend.
Thanks to all who traveled, it meant so much to the family. It was great to see you Jennifer. I could hardly keep up with old "F&G". You continue to amaze me. I look forward to this weekend and our time together.
Love to all, Mart

Cecile Brownlee said...

Martha,
You better get your running shoes on to keep up with Jen. We might take you on a marathon....No, not on the street, but maybe some shopping. Ha! We are looking forward to seeing you. Becareful driving down.
Love,Cecile

N- said...

Jen,
I was hoping it would bring a big smile to your gorgeous face:) Just let me know when F&G are headed back to OkCity....

Randy&Marilyn,
Don't know when your card will catch up with you; I sent it in care of Nick&Jen before I left for Boston. I'm just trusting you know how I wish I could have been with you and that thoughts of you fill my heart daily. Take care of each other, I love you,
N-

Anonymous said...

Jen,
Through the trying times of the past 5 months, YOU have continued to amaze us all and give us the courage to wade through our own minimal weariness and exhaustion. The word "inspirational" doesn't even seem to give you the kudos you deserve. I am not sure there is a word in the English language that really measures up to the person you are and the lessons you've taught. We love you.

Randy and Marilyn,
Please know that you have been in our constant thoughts and prayers over the last few months. Randy, I am so sorry for your loss-- your mom was such a special person. I remember well what a giving heart and soul she had (she used to help me out with gas money after you and Larry "borrowed" mine to shoot pool!). After spending many nights and days in the doctors' offices, as well as hospitals with Erin, Randy and I can certainly relate to your "blue" days. You both have been amazing through such tough times, and it is certainly apparent through your children what wonderful, caring, nurturing people you are. May God continue to lift you up and enevelope you with His love.

All our love,
Vicki and Randy

Anonymous said...

Jen - Good luck at the doc today. I know you must be excited. After reading Warren's story, I must say that he is going to have a tough time holding a candle to you. What an amazing story. Thanks for sharing. S&S

Anonymous said...

Jen,
Loved our get together Tuesday night and so enjoyed seeing Jill & Shannon. What wonderful families they have that make it possible for them to spend such quality time with you.
Your progress and determination are nothing short of a miracle, but your spirit is still the one constant that is such an inspiration to all of us.
You continue to amaze and impress everyone who meets you.
We are all waiting to hitch a ride on your star to see where it takes you.
Marilyn and Randy, hope you've had a quiet and restful week. Look forward to our next visit.
Love,
Ann

Anonymous said...

Jen - Little Jen and I went to the volunteer meeting tonight at Patriot Paws. They showed us what they train the dogs to do. It is nothing short of amazing. They take off shoes on command, pick up coins, open and close drawers, fetch a ringing phone, go get help on command, pull a wheel chair, etc. I cannot wait to see the one that will become your trusty companion. You are never far from our thoughts, S&S

Anonymous said...

Great post Jen! That title was A+. I will see you on my birthday weekend. NASCAR Rusty is coming with, it should be fun!

Anonymous said...

Mother Muffy checking in....celebrated one of the Lake girls birthdays with 2 LG and 1 cabana boy. Nancy enjoyed her time, but it was weird without all our girls together. We are working on Oct 8 week end, must have at least one before the summer is over. Nancy will have to elaborate on my creativity...i amaze even myself! Good to hear your chearful voice. And thanks to all that have responded to my notes and requests....all help is appreciated and another goal is reached. Jen, I am amazed at your happiness and joy that radiates over the phone...miss you my sweet and look forward to seeing you again soon. Love MM aka gaylin