Hi all. First of all, we have had a lot going on so I apologize for the late note.
Our week in OKC went really well and I am officially in my new Fred & Ginger's. I have been doing quite a bit and it feels so good. I have even gotten in the swimming pool ― so much fun. However, to answer the question ― I did sink, ha. We had a quick swimming lesson with floaties and it was good from there! :)
Getting fitted for my hands may be another month or so. There is additional growing that is occurring so we just need a little more time. It's really quite encouraging to know how much you can do without them!
As some of you are already aware, my grandmother (father's mother) passed away this week from a stroke and other complications. The funeral will be this Thursday at 10:00 AM in Abilene, Texas. She was a person who always had a smile on her face and provided me with the best dad in the world. We will really miss her but we are glad that she is in a better place.
Thank you all so much for all of your comments, cards and continued strength you have provided us. My family has been through a lot this year but as I told someone today ― I truly believe that the timing of everything and the reasons for this year are so much bigger than us. We are all growing in ways that we never would have and I believe the answers/directions are yet to come and will be enlightening.
Dad, I love you and we are all here for you. Mom & Nick ― you are my light.
Love,
Jen
Monday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Jen and family - At this painful time, as always, you're in my constant thoughts and prayers. I understand the loss of a beloved family member and comfort comes from knowing they are at peace and in a glorious place of love. My heartfelt sympathy is with each and every one of you.
Jen - Congrats on taking the plunge (pun intended) in a pool! You are one amazing gal!!
Luv,
Diane
Jen,
I just recently heard of your ordeal from Connie D. Your mother, Connie, and I were sorority sisters in college. I found your blog and spent several hours bringing myself up to speed on what has transpired.
Jen, you are an absolutely amzaing young lady. Your writing is filled with faith, hope, sincerity, honesty, and courage. I should know because I taught high school English for 26 years, and your voice shines through loud and clear. But I am not surprised; you are your mother's daughter. Moe is the kindest and most compassionate and sincere person I have ever met. She was always guided by her faith, and she and Randy have passed these qualities to you. I must say, though, that Moe was a bit of a worrier. Oh, who am I kidding--she's a huge worrier!!! I'm sure this has not changed.
Let your faith guide you. You are absolutely right! It is not our purpose to question what has happened. There are reasons for it unknown to you at this time. Someday, however, you will have all the answers and you will understand. It is only your job to endure and move forward with courage. I know you will.
Please accept my deepest sympathies for the loss of your grandmother, and please let Randy and Marilyn know that I am thinking of them. If there is anything I can do to help during this transition, please feel free to contact me. Your mother knows how to reach me. I'm still in P-burg. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers.
As Always,
Maggie
Jen and all - I am so saddened to hear of the passing of Randy's mom. I'm glad she could see what an incredible granddaughter she has in you, Jen. You all continue to be in my prayers. What a blessing it is for you to have such a close, loving family and circle of friends. Patty
Hi Jen,Nick and the Whipples
I am sorry to hear of the loss of Mimi- Randy,Richard and Regine it is loosing the person who has known you all your life. She will always be with you.
Take Care
Love Marie
To Randy and the whole Whipple family,
Walt and I were so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Mimi. Shannon's poem was so beautiful!
How lucky that a mother can see what a wonderful family she has raised and then to see how wonderful her children have raised their families. It is truly one of God's blessings to share in your children's successes.
Our love, thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
Ann & Walt
JEN,
It can't be said enough times, but you have touched so many lives...lives of people that have never even met you. Your faith and strength is an inspiration to us all.
Travis
Jen and family,
Was so sad to read of the loss of your grandmother. You continue to amaze me with your strength and faith each day as I read your comments and comments from your friends and family. You are so lucky to have them all (which is probably why you always have that big smile on your face!) Please know you and your family is in my prayers as you go thru yet another difficult time.
Love, Jen Dexter
Jen,
I will be there tomorrow. I can't wait to see you and your family and just give and get hugs for and from everyone. My love and prayers go out to all of you. Love as always, Mother Muffy aka gaylin
To all the Whipples...Our family has been so blessed with wonderful parents and grandparents. Mimi was such a special person. "Lady" comes to mind when I think of her. She had such grace and kindness. This is not to say she didn't have quite a sense of humor! I can think of many times when her eyes crinkled with pure laughter! She was a wonderful Mother, cook and homemaker, something I admire and would love to be remembered for. So many happy memories..Mimi you will be so missed. I too loved your poem Shannon, I am smiling when I say I Love You Mimi!! Martha
It is late and I am getting ready for bed and the drive to Abilene tomorrow. I talked to Randy and he said that he, Matt and Richard worked on Mimi's lawn today and getting the house shaped up. I think we are ready to tell her goodbye.
Jen and Nick will drive down late in the day tomorrow and we will spend good time with our friends from Wichita, the Seals, Hess' and Langhofers who are making the long drive as well as Martha and Randy. I know many more of you will be there in spirit and prayer..and it will be so much help.
What a year 2007 has been...hasn't it? Ryan and Christy will come tomorrow night late as well as RaeJean's boys, so I am sure there will be lots of laughs and "Mimi" stories...as there should be.
Jen had a good day..Walt took her to start the process of getting the car fitted to her needs..and this should be completed next week.
She had a visit from her dear friend Andrea and they caught up on work and life...good stuff for the soul.
We will write again this weekend..thanks again to all the friends who are with us...we had good news from MD Anderson..Sharon came through her surgery in fine shape..a few bumps but good overall. GREAT news...
Love to all,
Marilyn
HI Jen- It was so wonderful to have time with you in Abilene. Mimi passed the torch with her grace and style. She played her part well as a mother, grandmother, aunt, friend and neighbor. She will be greatly missed by everyone. You were fortunate to have had her as a loving grandmother; she was fortunate to have you. I know she would be so proud of the way you live your life. The Mimi in you will always be to your advantage. Love you, Judy
Mother Muffy signing in....so good to be with you and your familiy to honor Mimi. I pray all got home safe and sound and are re cooping from the trip and the emotion. It is was great seeing you "motivate F & G into action! You look wonderful and we are all ready for the next journey. And I guess I know where you got the great smile and the twinkle of mischief in your beautiful eyes...sounds like a chip off the old block! See you soon. Love Mother Muffy aka gaylin
Hi Miss Jenny.........gosh it was so good to see you an especially with the new and graceful Fred and Ginger.
It was such an honor to be with your family and share the wonderful memories of another amazing woman, MiMi. She must of been a great lady and I am sorry I never had the honor of meeting her.
I know she is with us all as we cheer and watch you on your journey.
Take care and know how much we all love you.
Margene
Post a Comment