Thursday

Another Crazy Week

It is Thursday evening and HOT in Dallas. We have had quite a week. Jenny has been in OKC working with Scott Sabolich and his team this week on a new pair of legs. She will go back in 10 days or so for adjustments but she is excited with the progress thus far.

I have been in Abilene as Randy's mother and Jenny's "Mimi" suffered a large stroke and is in the hospital there. Randy left today from Wichita to be with her and his brother Richard and sister Rae Jean. I am hoping to go back tomorrow until Sunday. She is such a kind hearted, sweet woman and it is hard to understand why things like this happen when they do. We will have many decisions to make as it looks as if she won't be able to return to her home. A lot to think about and do and figure out. Please say an extra prayer for her tonight.

Sharon and Glenn Ringler are on their way to MD Anderson tomorrow for her surgery. They were coming through Dallas but with this newest development, won't make that stop this time. She is so positive and things will be okay for her I just know it.

Jen has a busy week ahead and I will be here to help her and Nick. Jen continues to fight the fight and work hard at making her life matter. She wants so much to give back and support other people who have had the challenges she has. As she continues to get stronger and find her way, she keeps her sense of humor and humility. I am so proud of her as I know all of you who are walking with her are.

My sister Martha is staying at our house in Wichita having a slumber party with Sneakers..she said they might even have a Black Russian as a nightcap! Sneak will love that; as a 14 1/2 year old Golden Retriever she is entitled, don't you think?

All for now. I miss you all so much and thanks for all the comments. Ann, I saw Matt's apartment when I was in Abilene and he does have the perfect place for plants. He is going to take your good advice and find the right ones. Tell Walt I said hi!

Love,
Marilyn

21 comments:

Martha said...

Just so you all know, Sneakers and I decided against our nightcap. We thought we would wait for TGIF! Jen, can't wait to hear how OKC went. I hope your mouth feels better Matthew. When I was little, I had something called trench-mouth. I don't remember much, but Grammy tells me I couldn't eat or drink much for weeks! It didn't seem to have many lasting effects by the looks of me now. Like Moe said, everyone needs to say an extra prayer for MiMi. She is a beautiful and kind lady in every sense of the word. Miss you Jen and gang!!
Love to all, Martha

Anonymous said...

Mimi has officially been added to our prayer list. We are here to help in any way you need. We cannot wait to see you Jen and hope that this week yielded the progress you were expecting. Our little Jen turned 4 on Wednesday. It has been the week of the birthday around here. Tonight, I spent the evening at Patriot Paws volunteering, it is the wonderful organization that is going to train a service dog for you when you are ready. Sweet dreams. (In an effort not to go to bed, Jenny wants me to type a message from her now. She says "I love you.")S&S

N- said...

Hey, missy, sorry we ended up just playing phone tag but sounds like you'll be tearing up the road between OkCity and Dallas for a while so I'm looking forward to getting to see you soon.

Your sweet, sweet mother sent me a card a while back when I was needing a little TLC. In that card she enclosed a magnet with a quotation on it. I don't think she has any idea how much support that little magnet has given me. I read the quotation every morning when I get to work and several times throughout the day (some more often than others..) It now has your picture beside it and together these images serve as a constant reminder of the endless reserve of strength we each have within us. The sentiment your mother sent simply says:

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "i will try again tomorrow"

It speaks volumes to me each morning and I just wanted to share it with you and your family for those days that are more difficult than others. (thanks again, Moe! miss you) and thank you, Jen, for sharing your courage.
with love,
N-

Anonymous said...

Dearest Ones,
So sorry to hear about Randy's mom. We will continue to keep ALL of you in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted and let us know if we can be of any help to you in any way.
Marilyn, I will be at Erin's next Tuesday and Wednesday. She is not far from Jen and Nick and I would love to see you guys if the time is right. I will call you on your cell phone Monday. (No obligations--just if it is convenient). Again, please remember how much you are loved and all of our positive energy is coming your way.
Love,
Vicki

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen....can't wait to hear the progress you have made while in OKC. You are one miracle Missy.

So sorry to hear about your MiMi. I have never met her but your Mom has always said what a beautiful lady she is. My prayers are with your whole family.

I may have to go over for the slumber party with Sneaker. I haven't seen Sneaker bonkers in awhile. ha ha

Kisses to you and yours.

Love Margene

Anonymous said...

Okay after a month of trying to figure this blog thing out I finally hit the jackpot! This is Jen Dexter (Griffitt)from high school. I have talked to Shannon several times to see how you are doing. I just sit in awe at the strength and faith you have shown! Seems like forever ago we were dancing at your house in Amarado to Poison at one of your birthday parties. I hope everything has gone well this week in OKC. Hope to talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

i just love reading this damn blog!! White russians are betty's fav, loved that line!! ive said it before but im a stranger on here don't mind me. whats bitters sweet is im $163,000 in debt, but i have a smile on my face from you people's inspiration!! if u ever need a place to stay in n. orleans, ill show you a good time jen!!

Anonymous said...

Jen and family,
Sounds like a busy week in OK. Can't wait to hear how things went. Hope you all have a safe trip home. Parker's with me reading the blog, and he's very interested in your legs :) Your family's prayer list keeps getting longer. We're all praying with you, hoping to lighten your load. Take care everyone.
Love,
Kirsten

Anonymous said...

Mother Muffy checking in....I am working on with Nancy's help on a surprise for you....I will have lots of help, because I can talk about our miracle girl and friend! Can't wait to hear how Fred/Ginger (2) are working! Lots of love and prayers lifting up your MiMi...

Love you, MM aka gaylin

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen.....Sounds like you had a very successful week in OKC. Next time you are here we need to hook up. I was going to call but thought this was a good time for you Nick and Matthew to have some family time. Jill and Shannon are really looking forward to next week and staying with you. I will be in KC looking after the kids, I'm excited about having them to myself. Your loved.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Dearest Family,
MM checking,got the text from Marilyn that said that Mimi had passed away. Our love and prayers come from deep in our hearts as you face another painful change in your life with the loss of your beloved Mother and Grandmother "Mimi". God be with you all today as you make plans. May he give you a peaceful heart and wrap you in love and comfort. Please post where you will be, as well as service plans.
Love to you all. We continue to lift you all up in prayer and thanksgiving for the long lovely life of Mimi. Your old Friend, Mother Muffy aka gaylin

Anonymous said...

Dearest Ones,

So sorry to hear about your loss. We will continue to keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if we can help in any way.

All our love,
Vicki and Randy

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Let us know if we can help in any way. S&S

Anonymous said...

Dear Jen and Family, I am so sorry you've lost your Mimi. Please be strong for one another, but especially for Randy. We're never ready to lose our parents no matter their age or health. You are all in my prayers every day. Much love from KC. Connie

Cecile Brownlee said...

To All of the Whipples,
Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you during this time of sorrow....The loss of a Mother or Grandmother is never easy and with all that you all have been through the last 5 months our arms wrap around you with much love and caring thoughts. Randy, please know that you are surrounded with many friends that love you and we are there for you.
We will stay in touch with all of you.
Love to all of you,
Cecile and Harry

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sorry to read about MiMi. It's such a hard thing to lose someone you love. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Patricia

Anonymous said...

Jen and Family,
Bob and I and our family are so sorry to hear of the loss of Mimi. Our prayers are with all of you at this time, you have all been through so much. Please know we are holding you up in prayer and love and know once again your incredible strength and family will carry you through.
Love,
Pam and Bob

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother and mother. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and Randy's siblings.

Here is a poem that I found that I love and is meaningful to me.

God looked around His garden and he found an empty place. He then looked down upon this earth and saw your tired face. He put his arms around and lifted you to rest. God's garden must be beautiful; he always takes the best. He knew that you were suffering, He knew you were in pain, He knew that you would never get well on earth again. So He closed your weary eyes and whispered "Peace Be Thine." He then took you up in Heaven with hands gentle and so kind. It broke our hearts to lose you, but you did not go alone, for part of us went with you, the day God called you home.

With deepest sympathy, Shannon Wedge

Anonymous said...

Shannon - Thanks for sharing that poem. It is beautiful. I pasted it into an email and shard it with my own family regarding the loss of our father. What a beautiful way to think of a passing.

Anonymous said...

Dear Randy,
I am so sorry to hear about your mother, I just want you to know my prayers are with you and Marilyn and the whole family. I know God will take good care of her and I pray that he will take you and your families pain away.
Stay strong, I know all of you are fighters and will get threw this sad time.
With all my love and prayers,
Jill F

Anonymous said...

Jen and family,
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Shannon's poem was beautiful, and I hope you find some comfort in it. Take care of each other, and know that many prayers are being said for your family.

Love to you all,
Kirsten