Today was an exciting one as we found out I will be discharged on Friday! After 3 months and 7 days away and lots up ups and downs I am so excited and so ready! Nick and mom will be with me and we hope to home early afternoon. I will continue as an outpatient daily for some time to come but it will so good to sleep in my own bed and be around our things. Nick has rearranged the furniture and from what I hear, it looks great!
I am having a visit from Judy Hess and Taylor tomorrow and am told Kathy Potts and Gayla may stop in too. Connie is coming this Saturday and staying until Sunday afternoon so all in all we have a busy weekend.
All for now but wanted to let you all know the latest and hope to talk to everyone again soon!
Love, Jen
P.S. I will keep you updated on all my progress!!
Tuesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
OMG Jen...YOU ROCK!!! I know you've set some kind of record! No, you've surely set numerous records in this journey. I am so so so happy for you!! The best therapy in the world will be you being surrounded by the things and people you love in your own home.
Friday must feel like a million years away to you right now. I hope the days pass quickly so you can cuddle with your wonderful hubby in your own bed. WOW -- what a great feeling that will be!!
You are absolutely without a doubt the most awesome person I've ever had the privilege of knowing. The future is all your's, sweetie.
I'll say an extra prayer that the sun is shining on Friday for you. Even if it's raining, I'm sure your smile will be so bright it'll break the clouds.
Love, Diane
Jenny I am so inspired by your energy and drive!! I'm very happy that you have made it this far and I truly look up to your character--hopefully we can talk soon and your life gets back on track 100%!! -john
Jen. It is incredible how fast you are progressing. You are an inspriration to all. You go girl.
Brenda
Jen - That is awesome! I am so excited for you. Have a great rest of the week.
Kirsten
Jenny...What a wonderful surprise, home at last. I know Nick must be thrilled to have his darling home again. You are just amazing, just amazing!!! We love you all so much and just continue to pray for you and Nick and Matthew and your family. You go Jen, what an inspiration you are.
Love you,
Pam
What a wonderful message to find on the blog - GOING HOME - that is incredible!!!!!!!!!
So happy for all concerned.
Love -
The Blackmans
You Go Girl - - I am so excited for you. I can only imagine how excited you and your family must be. You are a true inspiration.
Stay in touch,
Windy
Jen, I am so happy for you and Nick to finally be in your own home together!! You continue to amaze me by everything you do and say..
I love you and miss you,
God Bless, Jill F
Dearest Jen,
So excited you will be going home, it will make you strong, just making the journey back and forth to workout! I hope I am not black balled by C & A for skipping out of Texas early, it rained a river again and again on all of us going home, but we made it. It was wonderful to spend the afternoon with you and again our special time in the am. I will be back again soon, Hugs and Kisses to you and all the family. MF aka gaylin
Hi Jen - So good to talk to you the other night. So glad you get to go home! Yeah! I will see you real soon. Love ya! Shannon
Hi Jen. I dont know if you remember me from Pizza hut corporate in Wichita or not, but I sometimes worked with some of u guys. ive been following this for a couple months now and i cant tell u how much this has done for me spiritually.
u have motivated me and my friends that i got to read this more than anything in a long long time. u just give me so much strength to try my best even though i might fail!! im so happy for you and your family...ill be keepin up with the blog. with love, Debra
Hello i think i posted on the wrong topic..anyways I just stumbled on this site on accident but ive been following it and i just have to say that all these people, whoever or wherever you are, are really refreshing. and to Jen, wow, i've really been touched. thank u and my best wishes. -Greg Rooney from Seattle
Jen - Thanks for cooking us lunch today. :) We were so honored to have stubled upon your first self-cooked meal. Great job! What you didn't know is that Mac-n-cheese is Scott's favorite. Nick is one lucky man. Love, Steph and Scott
Jen, I can't believe I'm finally getting to Dallas Saturday and you'll be at home! That is unbelievably wonderful for you and Nick. I'll see you soon but know you'll want some time alone with your wonderful hubby. Moe and I will appear and disappear as directed! lv, cd
Jen,
Your strength and good nature continue to be nourishment for all of us who have walked this journey with you. You have captured the heart of everyone who has come in contact with you. To think that you have learned to walk in only two weeks, your capabilities are unlimited. You do ROCK!
Friday will be an exciting time for you, Nick and your family.
Cecile, Walt and I are here for any help you all need.
We have been blessed and privileged to be apart of this journey and can't wait to see where you will go next and what you will conquer.
Gaylen and BeBe, so glad you all left when you did, traveling in bad weather is neither safe nor easy, so hapy you're home safe and sound. We'll see you on your next trip.
Love,
Ann
Hey Gang!! The post from Greg in Seattle was cool! How many times we have said you are touching lifes all over the US..many of whom you don't know. Glad to hear Judy and Taylor got to spend some time with you yesterday. Especially since he is leaving for Japan soon. Me, I get to spend the night in Garden City..quite a contrast. I hope your trip to Advanced Arm Dynamics goes great today. We may all be suprised what technology they can come up with. Whatever it is, I know you will master the skills quickly!! Miss all of you guys..See you on the 4th. Friday will be an exciting day!! Love, Mart
Everyone around here who has kept up with you through this blog is so excited for you and your ever supportive family. I keep having this little 'ditty' running through my mind and I hate to admit, I think it's from Ren&Stympy? HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY, JOY, HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY.....!!!!!!
way to go, Jen,
love you lots,
N-
Great, great news for all of you. I am so happy to read this. Home is a great place to be!! Love, Patty
Jen, today is the start of the rest of your life...UPWARD AND ONWARD! You have shown us how to live more good days than anyone I've ever known.
Zig Ziggler...watch out! I wish I was there to witness the "going home" but will be back soon for any "needs" i can help you with...SOON. How lucky I am to be included in your circle of friends. You are a treasure to me and my family. We all check this blog to see the progress, don't let it go. "we" all around the world will be checking on you and cheering from our spot on earth. All my love this morning of important mornings, hugs and kisses to all. gaylin aka mother muffy
Post a Comment