Thursday
Homecoming!
Jen, I'm sure you will be soooo relieved when you get back to headquarters. You are a true fighter and the strongest, most motivated person I've ever known. You have without even trying, taught many lessons about the meaning of life to myself as well as hundreds of others, literally. We have been through a lot! I say we because as friends and family we will all continue moving forward as one and watching you improve day to day. I want to say thank you to the friends of Jens and myself who have been there with us through this entire experience. We have a great family and I thank God everyday for all of you. As many of you know, Christy has been a major support system for myself as well as my family. I am really blessed to have this women in my life. I have met many people through all of this and I've seen the good in everyone. As human beings we are all somewhat connected no matter how you look at it and It's very refreshing to see people come together and show such love and concern for the well being of another. Last weekend when we were in the hallway with Jen, we were hanging out with her while she was practicing walking and getting used to moving around again. I was seriously stunned and I mean that in every sense of the word. She did a great job and when it did get frustrating, she laughed or smiled right through it. I just cannot believe the intensity and her will to overcome and achieve. God has blessed us with an angel. She's always been one and I've never been more honored than I am now, to say that Jen is my Sister. Over the years she has really helped me with everyday life. She always listens and everytime she has positive, truthful things to say. I love you Jen and want to remind you of the huge cirle of support and love around you. Not that you don't see it everyday through visitors, calls, emails, this blog, etc....But, I just want to point out that this is the love that love was built on. You Nick and Matthew have a wonderful future ahead of you and I'm looking forward to seeing it all unfold and blossom. I love you very much and again, thank you for being the best Sister on the planet. To our friends and my Family, I love you all and will see you and talk to you soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Matt you are the best! Hope we get to see each other one of our trips to Big D...Love ya, gaylin and group
Good Morning to All!!!!! And the day you have been waitng on for months. And not to mention 3 months ahead of schedule. Does that not say alot for Jen's will, determination and positive out look on life? Jen, I know you have set more records than you will ever imagine and I am sure that your medical experience will be found in text books in the libraries of many medical schools. We already know that a group of graduate students are writing an assessment on you.
Matt, your tribute to your beautiful and loving sister is the BEST I have ever read. I felt you described Jen better than I have seen before....And how wonderful to have the relationship with your sister that you do. Your entire family along with Lil Matt and Nick are so fortunate to have been able to lean on each other through the past 14 weeks and to have all the friends at your fingertips for what ever the need was. And as Jen leaves the hospital today for home, we are all still here to encourage and help as we have the past 14 weeks.
I feel like it has been weeks since I have seen you. Hopefully I will see you soon and thanks to Christy for all the phone calls, visits and encouraging words to help you get through Jen's illness.
Nick, your dedication to Jen this past 14 weeks has been remarkable. I have witnessed the love and devotion between the two and you and you both are incredible. And now your "Hottie Biscotti" will be home for you to hold in your arms.
We will see you later today.
Love,
Cecile
Bebe and Gaylin, what a storm you left Dallas in last Tuesday. We will give you a pass this time but next time you must have lunch with us.
Jen-bo, This day is going down as "Jen Griffin Day" and will forever be a memorable one. Yours and our dreams are here. Those baby steps turned into huge strides. Just look at what you have done! It was wonderful to have the last couple of days with you. You go girl! Love you! Judy
What beautiful words you have said to your sister Matt!!!! You are all so blessed and I feel so lucky to be a part of your lives.
Jen all I can say is you are truly on of a kind. I love and miss you!!!!
Your friend forever, Jill F
Matt you are the best!!
Jen I just wrote the most touching tribute to you and your family and even started crying myself when I tried to preview. When I hit publish.......it flew off into the clear blue yonders. Just as well..it probably wasn't that good afterall. Bottom line.......you are one special person and all of us who know and love you are so very lucky to have you in our lives.
Hope to be down very soon.
love you
Margene
Jen - Congrats on your re-entry to the upright and mobile world! I'm so happy you've graduated and are going home, and soo much sooner than expected! From reviewing the blogs I see that nobody is surprised tho, your determination and your support system has been steadfast. What a beautiful, strong family you have! God's not through with you all yet - you have shown such promise, he must have great plans for you! Now, how exciting it must be to begin your therapy and see such progress. I can't imagine how painful and stressful it must be, but hang in there! You continue to amaze everyone! Thinking of you often and continuing to monitor your blog. Love to you and yours! Phyllis Guinn
Jen-
I am so happy to hear about your Homecoming, it is truly unbelievable everything that has happened, and to still see your loving and positive spirit rise above it all. You are truly amazing! You have wonderful friends and family who love you very much and will be by your side through everything! Enjoy your weekend at HOME! Your brother seems so sweet tell him to call me sometime.
Love-
We got a funny one here!
Jen - You are now a "home girl." I am anxious to watch your beautiful, successful future unfold.
Walt C
Post a Comment