Hi all! It is about 10:30 and I just heard from Ryan. He, Martha and Randy are about an hour from Wichita. Matt called and is in Abilene by now, as are Terri and Richard. Christi is back in K.C. We had lots of fun together and Jen again came home for a bit this afternoon. We fired up the grill and had a great meal..and lots of laughs. After everyone left, our friends (and sisters!) Gaylin and Bebe came to visit me tonight. They are here for market but also to see Jen and to work their magic! :> This is their 3rd trip since she became so sick and it is great to hear how overwhelmed they are when they see how far she has come!
I am thinking of Marie as we had lots of time together while she was here. I know she is back to work by now. Jen said she called today and it is really cold in Australia..I think the temp was 17 degrees!
We will check in again as the week progresses..I think we will have lots to report as she seems to tackle a new challange daily. Many thanks for all of your continued prayers and support and cards. We looked at many of them again today and she cherishes them all so much. We are anticpating Judy and Taylor coming on Wednesday as well as Kathy Potts and Gayla T. for a bit. Connie will be here Saturday for a couple of days so we have a lot to look forward to.
Hope the week is a good one for all...Love, Marilyn.
Sunday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Good Evening..Glad to know that all of the family has made it back home safely.
Marilyn, I know you worry until everyone gets home and off the highway. I know that you enjoyed having Bebe and Gaylin come over tonight and spend some time with you. And to get to have Jen home this afternoon with everyone had to be so comforting.And I know Jen loved being at her house for a few hours. Ann and I are really looking forward to having lunch with the Muffies this week...and hopefully Jen can get a pass to go out to lunch,too.
Jen, you looked great Saturday night. I know you look forward to getting home and in your own surroundings....How cozy that will be. I hear Lil Matt got to spend the night with you and Nick last night. Matthew is such a sweet boy.
Wow....I had forgotten that when Marie went back home that it was going to be cold in Australia. 17 degrees is really cold. What a shock to your system from the hot Texas weather.
See you all on Tuesday. Have a great week.
Love,
Cecile
Hi sweet Jenny........I am so jealous that everyone is getting to see you this week but me. It seems like I have not seen you in forever. I hope to change that real soon.
Just wanted you to know that even in Kansas I am with you everyday in spirit. I love and miss you.
Margene.
Good Morning Jen,
It was so wonderful to spend time with you this weekend. It is absolutely amazing how far you have come so quickly. An emotional and physical accomplishment beyond belief!! Thank you so much for including me in all the family activities; it is an honor to be a part of your support group! Have a wonderful week! Love your jeans; we got a funny one here!
Sincerely,
Christy
Hi Jen, thank you so much for adding the pictures so I can see with my own eyes you are "up" and around. I can't wait to see you and Moe Saturday. Keep up the GREAT work! lv, cd
Jen,
It was so good to see the new pictures on your blog. Again, I must tell you how amazing and awesome you have been. I follow your blog all the time and find such inspiration in the commitment and attitude of you, your family and your friends. God has richly blessed you and surrounded you with wonderful people.
Thank you to you and your family for updating the blog so often and keeping everyone informed of your progress. Sounds like you have made a great impression on all the people at Zale. I know you can't wait till you can be home on a permanent basis and those prayers will be sent out to have that happen soon. Keep up the great spirits and miraculous accomplishments with your rehab!
Thinking of you often,
Gaylee Dolloff
Hi Jen!! What a good 36 hours we had together! It was a great suprise to get off the elevator and see you standing there with your fancy tennis shoes on, waiting impatiently for physical therapy to begin. You took to that practise step like a pro!! Then you had to make a lap with all your "homies" following along, just like the superstar you are!! I loved watching the movie with you, life felt so normal. Sunday was also fun, starting with you walking to my car and getting in with no problems. I bet it felt great to be able to walk into your house and make sure the family hadn't totally wrecked stuff since you have been gone! Your house really is so cute. The cookout was terrific and it was so nice of Uncle Richard to get you guys that new gas grill!! What a suprise! Randy, Moe and I had a fun evening on Saturday night visiting with Richard and Terri. I also loved getting to see Cecile, Harry, Ann and of course Mr. Walt. It was great timing that they were there when Gaylin and BeBe also visited. Harry and Walt didnt get a word in edgewise!! Nick you looked handsome in your new glasses and Matthew was his normal sweet self. It was nice getting together with Matt, Christy, Ryan and Mark too. Can't wait to see you on the 4th of July!! Keep it up Jennifer..I miss you! Love, Mart
Sounds like you had another great weekend!!!! I love to hear that you are taking on the world with such great strength and confidence.. You should be so proud of yourself Jen. Thank you for showing me how life should really be lived!!!!Keep going and never give up..
Love and miss you soooo much,
Jill F
God Bless
Marilyn. When you were approved for shared leave I asked HR what had happened. They suggested I contact Sherry Gegen so I did. She explained a little about the situation and gave me the blog e-mail address. From time to time I log on and read what's been going on. Marilyn, you really must be commended for all the love and support you are giving the entire family. I know how important my children are to me and any time they hurt, I hurt. The situation life put your family in can only be handled by the strongest of families and knowing you, your family is one of those. Let your faith, your great sense of humor and love for your family guide you. I am keeping your family in my prayers and have put Jen's name on several prayer lists. And maybe, in the future you and Jen could combine on a book of your own. It would be an inspiration to all.
Jen, as beautiful as your wedding picture is, it was so exciting opening the blog and seeing current pictures of you and your happy family. Joy radiates from all your faces at just being together! For those of us that can't be there, seeing pictures is believing. You are truly a walking miracle!! and so very loved.
thanks for sharing this journey,
N-
Hey Jenny....You really had a full weekend. I am jealous and would love to see you and your Mom, I may try to drive down soon for the day. I know it must have been wonderful being home and with all your family, you are so blessed with such loving friends and a marvelous family. Keep up the good work sweetie and give your Mom a hug. Talk to you soon.
Love ya,
Pam
Hi I just stumbled on this site on accident but ive been following it and i just have to say that all these people, whoever or wherever you are, are really refreshing. and to Jen, wow, i've really been touched. thank u and my best wishes. -Greg R.
Post a Comment