Jen had surgery today to cover up her wounds. It went very well with skin grafts being taken from her thighs to do the trick. One early concern was the possibility of not being able to graft enough skin to cover the wounds and having to do another surgery in a couple of weeks but luckily this is not needed.
In the areas that skin was taken from will remain very sore for a few days and feel very much like a gravel burn you receive when falling from a bike. We have both just finished a milkshake with Jen being very upbeat and relieved that there will be no more grafting. With her outlook being so positive we both felt it important to keep the momentum going.
We are missing each others touch very much. Jen is starting to really enjoy me standing leaning my head on her chest listening to her heart while she rubs my head. I miss this togetherness and so does she but we are getting closer and closer each day.
Babe you have jumped another hurdle with flying colors. You never cease to amaze me with your strength and passion. We are almost there Jen and I cant wait until we are home.
Love forever, Hubby.
Wednesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Thank you God for the successful surgery... I am so glad that hubby posted because I have been waiting to hear how everything went... I am so happy Jenny as I am sure you are that you will not have to go threw any more surgeries. Keep up the good work Jen and you will be home before you know it cuddling in bed with your wonderful husband!!! Love and miss you..
Jill F
P.S. My children wear their Jennifer bracelets everyday as do I to remind us what strength and courage really means. Thank you so much for teaching me and so many people what it really means to be strong and to never give up!!!!
Oh, my what great news that Jen will not have to have another graf in a few weeks. I feel that there were so many prayers before your surgery and God answered them with the successful surgery. Keep drinking those milkshakes ....You need the calories to help you heal well and be ready for your rehab...And we all know that you and Nick are ready to be home and in each others arms. That day will be here before you know it.
Jen, all I could think about today was your beautiful smile and how good you looked on Tuesday.
Keep climbing the hurdles and we will see you very soon.
Love,
Cecile
PS: Nick, thanks for letting all of us know how Jen's surgery went today.
Marilyn and Randy, I hope your dinner at Del Frisco's was wonderful. You both needed to get out for a nice dinner and relax a little. Hopefully you had a Happy Anniversary!!!
To Jen
This is your stepson Mini Matt.I am so proud of you Jen. One Wednesday I saw you eating apopsicle and then on Sunday I saw you eating Pasta and then on this Wednesday, I saw your your writing on the blog. I know that this maybe scary but you have handled it like a trooper.
Love and kissesMatthew Griffin xoxoxoxoxxoxxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Hi Jen
Yesterday was a huge day for you and your family. You have succeded because of your strong positive will and the support of family and friends. I am so proud that you and your family are part of the Griffin/Hannigan Aussie Family.
Love always your mother-in-law Marie
Hi Jen. What great news to hear the doctor's decided it was time to take this step and the great outcome! After such a rocky start, it seems there has been one success after another. You just can't imagine how many people are rooting for you; people I know and work with who ask me daily about your progress; people who you will never meet but are none-the-less vested in your progress. These are the things that renew my faith in people. And your positive attitude and spirit make me proud to know you. But then I'm not surprised - look at who you have for parents and siblings! Keep up the good fight! I hope to see you soon. Love, Connie
Jen, I am forever thankful for the success of yet another giant step in your recovery. You are never off my mind or out of my heart. Through you we are all discovering what courage and love is all about. Your "team" is ready for the next step. Love You! Judy
That's great...love you Jen, and I will see you again soon!
Hi Jen! Glad to hear all went well yesterday. I am coming back Saturday and should be there around 11. Can't wait to see you and everyone else in Dallas. I talked to Grammy today and she is coming to visit the Thursday before your birthday!! Judy and Jim are bringing her. She is so excitied. I think they will come Thursday and leave on Saturday so Jim can preach on Sunday. Hang in Jen...I miss you!!! Love, Martha
Yeah, so thankful for a successful surgery. With your positive attitude and strength you will be in rehab before you know it.We are praying for you. Keep the faith. Betsy and Kathy
Hey beautiful lady - I can say that as I just spent a few moments watching you sleep. My luck is bound to improve. I've seen your Dad sleep and you sleep. I'm guessing that the next time I will get to see that beautiful smile. You looked so peaceful and strong. Again, just amazing. I dropped of some of everything strawberry I could find. :) I hope they let you eat some of it and I trust that the lotions will spark more massages coming your way from other visitors. We are thinking of you and cheering you on. Steph and Scott
Hi Jenny, What wonderful news surgery went well and is behind you. There were lots of prayers and love being sent your way. Jill is flying back to Oklahoma City next Friday and driving directly to Dallas to spend the weekend with you, she is very anxious to get back to see you. Stay positive Jen and know we think of you everyday.
Love you bunches,
Pam
Hey Jen..What a day we had. It is so good to chat with you in person. I know getting those vacs off your arms and legs was terribly painful, but the good thing was the doc thought the wounds were healing perfectly! In my mind it is four less lines tethering you to that bed. In between laughs and tears we had some great visiting. I had the new experience of buying a mango. I didn't even know what one looked like, but Marie has taken it home to cut so you can enjoy tomorrow. I also laughed when you told me the food up there was getting a little "sketchy". I am glad you have finally met the famous Walt as he has such great stories to tell. I especially like the one about the naked secret service man with the propeller on his head. Well Moe and I are going to bed. We had a good conversation with Kay Brown tonight and she sends her love. Love you so much!!! Mart
Hi SUNSHINE,
Thanks for the time you allow me to pester you.I originally can to see you to offer strength but the opposite has happened. Your attitude has made me stronger.You are destined for greatness.
Walt Coughlin
Post a Comment