Hello Dear Friends....I can't believe it has been 5 days since we last posted. As I have said before, the days just seem to speed by...I am beginning my 10th week in Dallas and more important, Jen's 10th week in CICU.
She has seemed to do well since the skin grafts. The bandage change on Friday was a bit rough but as usual, Jenny handled it with courage. The plastic surgeon will be looking at the wounds tomorrow and we are hopful that the grafts are "doing their job". She is so ready to move on to rehab and at least we now feel we are truly getting closer to that day.
Speaking of which, Nick, Marie, Martha and I are visiting the Zale Lipshy Inpatient Rehab Unit on Tuesday. This is a smaller facility than Baylor but also located in Dallas and we have been encouraged to tour. It is my feeling that following this, Jen and Nick will make a final decision as to where she will go...but it does look as if either way, we will be staying in Dallas.
Martha came back yesterday and will be here several days. Matt came through Dallas on his way to meet Christy and her family for the long holiday weekend and as usual, he and Jen had a great talk. Margene has spent several days with me and she, Marie and I had quite an adventure trying to find our way back to the hospital from Target and ending up in a downpour in Garland, Texas. LONG story but one that Jen just laughed at...and shook her head.
Jenny has really taken a interest in the blog and looks forward to reading it every morning. Thanks to you all for the notes and words of encouragement. We will write again soon and update you all on the clinic tour.
Marilyn
Sunday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
Morning Jen!
Glad to hear that you're doing well. And, I'm glad to hear that you'll probably be staying in Dallas for your rehab - you will have more support than you know what to do with!
Hope you have a good holiday weekend with your family. Talk to you soon!
Patricia
Great News!!!! I had spoken to Nick on Friday and knew that Jen was doing OK. Hopefully Ann and I can get down to the hospital and see you this weekend.
Jen and Nick,
I know that both of you have and will make the best decision for your rehab. I hope that it will be Dallas and I am very prepared (and delighted) to help you and Nick in any way possible. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. And we have plenty of members of Bent Tree that will be ready to assist when the time comes. I see that day getting closer and closer. Jen,you have exhibited strength beyond anyone's imagination!!!! I know that with all the prayers from all your family and friends you will do great in rehab.
Marilyn, I can't wait to hear about your adventure to Target and ending up in Garland. I would love to chauffer you girls on an outing sometime. Just say when. Martha, I hope that Ann and I can see you while you are here. We will do our best.
Hope to see you very soon.
Love and strength to all of you,
Cecile
Hi sweet Jen -
I am so very proud of you! I've been in Mexico for the past week and you never left my mind. The first thing I did when I returned was read this blog to check in on you and I was completely blown away when I saw the "From Me to You" message!! You are the most amazing person I've ever met!
Stay strong, sweetie!
Diane
Hello Jen,
I keep on seeing you drinking slushies and other drinks. I can not wait until you go to the rehab hospital so dad and I can camp out in your room. Today I did 10 pushups, 40 sit-ups, and I tried to lift dads weights but I could not lift them. Then I beat Nan at stratego. I hope I can see you later today
Love, nacho pants.
Hey Jen,
Glad to hear that you are doing well. I know that you are getting ready for rehab and we are all so excited that you will be there soon!! Stay strong and keep smiling even though the rain is a drag. You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday!! Love, Whitney
Hey Jen...Its another rainy weekend, I think an ark my be on our horizon,we are 6 inches above this months average rainfall thus far. I will say everything is in full bloom and so very green but I am ready for sunshine. I am so glad you are feeling better from the surgery and are getting anxious to get out of there, I take that as a very good sign. You are amazing, I'll be anxious to hear what you and Nick decide about rehab. Keep getting better.
Love you,
Pam
Hi Jenny:
It is so great to see a note posted by you on your blog earlier this week. Don and I hold you in our thoughts and prayers and are so glad that you appear to be seeing the end in sight for your ICU stay. You have a sparkle that lights everyone and everything around you. I'll make some plans to visit Dallas soon so that I can soak up some of your sunshine!
Love,
Steve
Martha said...
Hey Jen..What a day we had. It is so good to chat with you in person. I know getting those vacs off your arms and legs was terribly painful, but the good thing was the doc thought the wounds were healing perfectly! In my mind it is four less lines tethering you to that bed. In between laughs and tears we had some great visiting. I had the new experience of buying a mango. I didn't even know what one looked like, but Marie has taken it home to cut so you can enjoy tomorrow. I also laughed when you told me the food up there was getting a little "sketchy". I am glad you have finally met the famous Walt as he has such great stories to tell. I especially like the one about the naked secret service man with the propeller on his head. Well Moe and I are going to bed. We had a good conversation with Kay Brown tonight and she sends her love. Love you so much!!! Mart
Hi Jen! I was so happy to see your blog the other day. I've been trying to post since then. Darn passwords!! I contiune to check on you ever day. Jake and I say our prayers every night and you are first on our list. Please tell Moe-Dawy hi! Love Always, Shelley
Hi Jen, It's Memorial Day in KC and my mom Maxine is here with me. She turned 91 yesterday and is doing well. Altho' it's cloudy, I imagine there will be a lot of people out on the lake today. Mom and I will probably it on the dock and watch the people. I may try my hand at grilling some chicken breasts, since I bought them, then realized my stove doesn't work.
I know you'll be glad when you can get to rehab and start working toward being active again. You've made wonderful progress toward that goal and I'm so proud of you. Keep that positive attitude; it and your faith will make all things possible. Hope to see you in June. Love, cd
Hi Jen, I am so glad to hear that everything is going good...I know it must me very painful for you but I know very soon you will be feeling much better....You are always in my prayers for fast healing. I can't wait to see you this weekend, and I know Shannon hates being away from you and not talking to you...Hopefully we can plan something very nice and relaxing for you some really good pampering and scalp massages (MY SPECIALTY)!!!!! Please tell your mom if there is anything special we can bring for you. Maybe we can get lunch from somewhere you really enjoy? Since we won't be with you for you B-day we need to spoil you while we are there.....
Love you angle and can't wait to see those bright shinning eye's again...Keep up the good work.
Jill F
Hi Jen-bo! Can't wait to see you. I am heading your way Monday for a few days. We'll have a pre-party for your birthday. Keep up the good spirits and continue to go forward. I just sent a load of hugs your way. See you soon. Judy
Jen,
I am just reading the blog. So happy to see you have posted!!! That is exciting! You are the most positive person. And I want you to know that one postitive thing that has come from this for me is that I have gotten to know your incredibly lovely family--and I may not have ever known them otherwise. I feel terrible that I haven't been around much lately (i have been out of town), but I am back and going to bring a strawberry milkshake, unless there is a new favorite edible. You are all an amazing group of people I feel very lucky to know! See you soon. Marti
Hi Jen, Just a little not to say I am thinking of you!!!! See you soon.
With all my Love and prayers,
Jill F
Hi Jenny -
Good to hear of your continued improvement. As each day passes I believe your recovery will accelerate. Can't wait to hear you're on your way out of ICU and on to rehab. I'm glad you will be able to stay in Dallas with your husband and family near by. Keep up the good work and keep looking up!! You and your wonderful support group continue to be in my prayers. Patty
Great news! See you guys on Jen/Matt's birthday!
Post a Comment