Tuesday

From Me to You

Hi everyone, this is Jen! I am with Nick and Ryan in my room and have recruited Ryan to be my secretary (he looks great in his skirt, ha!). I've been able to read the blog every other day and I'm blown away by all the love and support that I've been given. Thank you so much for providing me with the much needed inspiration and positive comments.

I never thought that when I went to the hospital I would end up in the situation that I'm dealing with today. However, I am taking everything day by day and understanding that God chose me for a purpose that is unknown. My spirit remains strong and my desire to live life to the fullest still remains. I know I have a long journey ahead of me but I'm motivated to start rehab and learn some new tricks!

I have learned to drink by myself and read magazines. I am also so happy to be able to go outside in my wheelchair the past few weeks, which is very refreshing after being cooped up in here for more than two months. I should be in here another two or three weeks, and then I'm off into the real world! Love, Jen.

P.S. I will post again soon! :)

25 comments:

Martha said...

Hey Jen!!! I am so excited to hear from you! I can't even count the number of people I have spoken with today that are sending you love and prayers! I will see you again this Saturday. You will never believe the people who are reading this and following your path. Love you xoxoxo Mart

Anonymous said...

Jen, I am soooo happy that you got your brother to be your secretary!!!!! It is great to hear that you are learning new things.. You are awesome and I just know that God has something wonderful planned for you. I can't put into words what a beautiful soul you are...Be proud Jenny...
Love,Jill F

Cecile Brownlee said...

Jen,
It was so good to get to see you today and your beautiful smile. You amaze me with all of your strength and love that you have to share with all of your family and friends. It was nice to get to me your friends from Broadlane.
I know that God has a plan for you and he knows that you will be an inspiration for all of us....And I know that you and Nick will teach everyone of us what "Love is All About". We have all witnessed that for the last nine weeks.
I just love your Mother and Dad to death. What wonderful parents they are! Ann and I really have enjoyed getting to know them and we are here to help you, them, Marie or anyone else that we can while you get yourself back up and going. I meant it today when I said that I can see you walking back into Broadlane one day.
I am so glad the nurses are getting you out to enjoy the warm sunshine...It is the most energizing thing we can give ourselves. I look forward to you going to rehab and so hope that it can be Baylor Dallas, but I also understand if you, Nick and your family feel that there is somewhere better for you.
I will see you very soon.
Love,
Cecile
PS: Tell your secretary (Ryan) that he did a marvolous job with your dictation!!

Anonymous said...

Jen, Jenny, Jennifer, Chief Brown Bra...
It is wonderful to hear from you! I thought of you Sunday ALL day, as it was Maize's graduation...seems like just yesterday it was us...I kept thinking, it hasn't been 17 years has it...we are too young for that! LOL I love to be updated by your wonderful mom, dad, brothers, and husband, but this morning when I logged on before work...my heart did a little leap to see that it was you that posted!!! (Ryan did do an awesome job.) You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers, as is your entire family. You are as awesome as ever and I'm proud of you! Keep enjoying those trips out and that sun.
Love, Michelle Hilliard (Elliott)

Windy said...

Jen - WOW - I am constantly amazed at your strength and faith. I was so excited to see your blog this morning. Again - WOW - drinking and reading magazines by yourself. You are an inspiration to us all. Your in our thoughts and prayers daily. I look forward to visiting you soon.

Anonymous said...

JEN! My heart jumped out of my shirt and my eyeballs hit the monitor when I saw your post this morning! How PROUD and amazed the world is of you! I hope you realize just how unique and umprecedented you are (of course we knew this long, long ago). You are an incredible inspiration to everyone that is a part of your life and everyone that will ever hear your story. Keep rockin, and Paige and I will get down there to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous way to start the day. I could not keep from clapping while sitting at my computer this morning when I opened the blog.

Jenny you are truly an inspiration to so many people. You have a wonderful support system, a great husband, and parents who are salt of the earth. It has been my pleasure to know them for years, although not in touch which is my loss.

My memories of you are as a baby, a toddler, and a little girl. Clearly you have grown up to be a remarkable woman. I pray for you and your family every day.

With love and admiration. - LeMoyne

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, What a treat to wake up and read your thoughts. For sure you are an inspiration to all that love you and those you have never met. Yes, this is the beginning of a journey for you. You have a wonderful fan club with you to help. I am looking forward to being in Dallas soon to see you in your new world. You are so cool! Love you, Judy

N- said...

Jen, I know so many of us that check on you daily were elated to see "From Me to You"! And, I'm sure like so many, I felt it truly was straight from your heart to mine. We've all kept up with Nick's updates as well as your Mom's and have appreciated them so much; but it's with a collective sigh of relief we read these words straight "from the horses mouth". You're on the road, sweetie, I hope to see you soon.
hugs and kisses to all,
N-

Anonymous said...

YEA JEN! Thanks for giving a thrill to your pep squad by sending a message. We're here for you now and throughout! Love, Connie

Anonymous said...

Jenny....What a wonderful surprise!!! To read your own words is fabulous, I can see you dictating to Ryan expressing your thoughts, isn't the computer age fabulous? I know you have lots to say. We love you so much Jenny and can see and feel you get stronger. What a wonder you are. There is something greater at work here than any of us can imagine, as far as I'm concerned you are a miracle. Keep posting Jen, its wonderful.
Love you,
Pam

Anonymous said...

New day...it was funny this morning when your bagel was hard as a rock. Instead of being angry or rude you just laughed. Dad, Mom, and I are just sitting here with you until you go into your final surgery at 1:05 P.M. You'll do great and we will have dinner tonight! (Dad will probably eat half of it like he usually does). ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, so good to have a message from you. You are amazing, and we know you are up for the challenges yet to face you. Hugs, prayers and love.

Nancy & Doug Blackman

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Wow - it's so great to hear from you. I have been reading your blog religiously nad praying for you all the time. You are an amazing woman Jen and so blessed with great faith. I knew that when I met you in Pathway! Love and prayers - Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

YAY!! This brought tears to my eyes...it's so awesome!! Jen ~ have a great day and hopefully your next bagel will be a soft one...Love to all the Whipples & Griffins!!
Sincerely, Ketrin McKeegan

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,
It is wonderful to hear from you and I am just in amazement of you and your inspiring spirit. I know that we may not always understand why things happen the way that they do, but I am a true believer in the power of God and that he really does have a plan for each and everyone of us. I hope you have a wonderful day. Stay strong, keep smiling and remember my cure for everything, the beautiful sunshine!! Love Whitney

Anonymous said...

Jen---I was so happy to see your blog--just like everyone else---you go girl!! Thinking of you every day and always checking in on you. so glad you are learning new things--and able to go outside and get some sunshine. Hope all goes well today--Hi to your Family-your support group her in Wichita is HUGE--Love and Hugs Kathy P

sarahpoinsett said...

JEN!! I'm so happy to read your thoughts! I miss your text messages, so this is the next best thing. I think about you all the time! I look forward to coming down really soon to visit, I miss you, along with the rest of the family. Keep fighting this battle, you are such an inspiration to me, I can't wait to see what the future holds for you. I miss you soooo much and love you times a million!

-Sarah Poinsett

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer - It is wonderful to read your message. This is the next best thing to talking to you on the phone. I have so missed talking to you. I too like Sarah miss your texts. I keep rereading the last ones you sent me. I can't wait until I see one on my phone. Keep up the great work. I am coming to see you again soon and can't wait. You are an amazing person. LOVE TO YOU ALL! Shannon

PS I can't believe all the people that read this blog. Many that have never posted. You are very popular. Amy wanted me to tell you she has tried to post several times and they are not making it on here. She is thinking about you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen -

I hope your surgery went well today. Sorry I couldn't come back after your physical therapy - Broadlane was calling.

Love the blog posting - keep that up! It was a very nice start to this day to see a message from you!

Talk to you soon - Patricia

Anonymous said...

Jen - You are unbelievably amazing. We have learned so much from your strenghth, your resolve, and your faith. Keep up the good fight. Steph and Scott

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny:
It is so great to see a note posted by you on your blog. Don and I hold you in our thoughts and prayers and are so glad that you appear to be seeing the end in sight for your ICU stay. You have a sparkle that lights everyone and everything around you. I'll make some plans to visit Dallas soon so that I can soak up some of your sunshine!
Love,
Steve

Anonymous said...

Jennifer-
You are the epitome of grace and courage. Stay strong!
Camber

Anonymous said...

Hey Chane,

My eyes bugged out of my head like a cartoon when I saw your name posted! You are simply amazing!

Love ya!...sorry about all the !!!

Tony Baldassarre

Latha said...

Dear Jen,

I miss you so much and I think about you every day! I've been waiting to visit as I wasn't sure if they'd even let me in ICU, but now that you're moving floors I am going to come by real soon... FYI there's a TON of UNA work so if're you're bored in the hospital just let me know ;)

With Love,
Latha