Thursday

Jens Surgery

Yesterday as most of you know Jen had surgery. The surgery was related to the damage sustained during the original trauma to Jens tissue in her extremeties. For those of you who have seen Jen you could see that her hands and feet did not look good. Meeting with the surgeons days before the surgery it was explained to us that Jen would probably receive an amputation of below the elbow on both arms and somewhere around the knee in both legs. As it turns out the surgeons did a fantastic job and were able to provide a result better than expected, below the knee on both legs and saving the wrist on both hands.

I cant begin to imagine how Jen must feel right now, but she is handling like the amazing human being that she is. I know she is scared, angry, frustrated, frightened and confused. The coming months are going to be tough, no question as we enter rehab hospital and begin getting Jen back on her way to her old self. With the support of family and friends, which has been beyond our wildest dreams Jen will be up and running in no time.

To Jen, you will forever be my sunshine, my candle, my hottie biscotti. Your surgery has not changed Jennifer Griffin. You will always be the same person I fell madly in love with a few years ago. We will share many tears, battle lots of frustration and endure some tough times but we will always do it as a team. You are an amazing wife and I cant wait to get you home.

Love Hubby

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen - you are an amazing person and I am very lucky to have you as a friend. Keep fighting and know that your family and friends are here for you. - ALH

Anonymous said...

Nick and Jen,
We will be there for you, beside you, loving you and helping in so many ways. How lucky you are to have such love surrounding you. This is the toughest thing I have been involved with in a long time, but you 2 r amazing. God give you strength and peace today and surround you with loving people to hold you tight in their hearts. I love you both, Mother Muffy aka gl

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the surgery went better than expected. God bless you Jen, your husband and your family. You have many "extended friends" praying for you. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Jen - You are in my every thought today (and most days actually). You are one of the strongest people I know and I have been so amazed by you. Please know that you have so much support behind you.

xoxo
Patricia

Anonymous said...

Jen it's your little bro...I just wanted to say that all I've been able to think about is you and getting back down to Dallas to see. Only one more day...stay strong big sis. I love you Jen.

N- said...

Nick,
I've tried several times, unsuccessfully, to write you and express what's in my heart only to find all the words have already been used...amazing, strong, loving, caring, inspiring, admirable, and oh so many more from countless postings. So, I will wait until I can look you in the eyes and share how you’ve touched my soul. You can count on my showing up; I’m one of those “lake girls” and you can’t keep us away from our sweet wannabe:) One comment before I close, bedside vigils aren’t for sissies, especially when it's the love of your life; I’m so very proud of you, you’re one tough cookie! Hang in there and hang on to Jen with all your might.

To our beautiful Jen,
You've touched so many people's lives that you don't even know. I can only imagine what God must be thinking with all these prayers (literally from all over the world) being sent up on your and your family's behalf..."This Jen-chick must be one SPECIAL person!"

see you soon,
N-

Anonymous said...

Nick and Jen, I have been thinking of you all day wondering how you are doing. Thank you Nick for the update.
Keep that smile Jen and know you have angels flying all around you. I know this is going to be a tough fight for you but know that I will always be there to help you in any way that I can..You are some special women!!!! And I am not going ever let this friendship slip away again. You have taught me so much in these last 4weeks..Strength, courage,love and prayer. I don't think I have ever prayer so hard in my life!!! God bless you, Nick and the rest of your family...Hugs and Kisses
Jill F

Anonymous said...

JEN,

You are in my prayers and thoughts every night. We all love and support you more than words could ever express!

Travis R

BillMatt said...

Jen - I'm so glad to have had the chance to visit you and Nick today, after meeting your parents and aunt in the waiting room. Your incredible recovery is inspiring, even as you courageously face each challenge that comes. As the United Nations Association Board meets tonight, we'll be adding our prayers and powerful good wishes for you, that your healing may be wholly fulfilled. Your beautiful heart and mind shine forth through your eyes, as you bless the world God has given you. May the strength of your spirit be melded with God's great purposes for you. In that love we pray for you. Bill and Norma Matthews

Anonymous said...

Jen,

I have always known you to be a fighter and you have totally impressed me with your strength through this whole ordeal. But yesterday when I got to see you right before your surgery, and you actually asked me how I was doing? and joked around with me about Jake (wink wink), trying to flash your Julia Roberts smile through your intubator, I could not believe it! You are an amazingly strong and beautiful person and I am so happy that I was able to share that moment with you.

I know that the months to come will be very tough for you sweetie, but I also know that with your spirit and courage, along with all the support from your great family and friends, including Moi, we will make it through. I love you girl.

And one last shout out goes to your great hubby! Nick is truly an amazing person, as solid as they come. All I can say is, if there were more men out there in this world like him ... I might have it 'on lock' right now. :) (Nick, Jen can explain that one to you later.)

God bless both of you and your family.

With love,
-T'boz'

diane hutson said...

Alrighty now Jen...here you go on to Part 2, Plan B, etc., etc., etc. If anyone can pave this path with grace and fortitude, IT'S YOU!! My, how I admire you, your family and, above all, your fabulous husband. You are indeed a blessed woman and the path you face will be made easier with the love that surrounds you. It's been repeated over and over by everyone here...our prayers, our thoughts, our hopes are with you constantly. You are one of a kind, Jen. You are an angel and an inspiration to us all. Stay strong, sweetie! I can't wait to see your beautiful smile again. Peace, my friend...Diane

Anonymous said...

Jen and Nick,
May God continue to lift you up and envelope you with His love, strength,and courage.The road may seem long, but please remember that you are never alone. We love you and we will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

We love you,
Vicki and Randy

Anonymous said...

Jennifer Griffin - What a fabulous helpmate you have in your sweet husband. I am so happy your surgery was not as radical as expected. I am grateful, as a lifelong friend of your Aunt Martha, to have the privilege of praying for you and your family. Patty

The McIvers in Australia said...

Dearest Jen,

Our thoughts have been with you every day. We have cried with your hardships and celebrated your progress and are comforted that you are surrounded by such wonderful friends and family. We have felt so helpless stuck on the other side of the world when all we want to do is hug you and let you know how much we adore you and how we know in our hearts that everything will be okay.

Jen, you are so cherished by us all and we are so very, very grateful that this awful illness has not beaten you. We know you have had to make hard physical sacrifices but selfishly we are celebrating because you are still with us - your spirit and your heart are stronger than ever and after all is said and done that IS all that matters. You are still with us and for this we celebrate!!

All our love from across the world, Amy, Fran and Ian.

Anonymous said...

Jen,
We are so happy that the surgery went well and we are inspired by your strength and courage. We have prayed for your safe recovery night and day. You and your family are in our hearts and prayers. Please know that we are here for you, Jen, so rest and stay strong. You are one amazing woman!! Love, The Aguirres

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen - thinking about you today. I hope you're resting and glowing in the fact that so many people love you. You're the most popular girl in town!

Stay strong and happy - there's so much to be thankful for. xoxoxo

Patricia

Anonymous said...

Nick and Jen,
Oh, it is so encouraging to know that Jen's surgery went a little better than the doctors had thought. We are all here for all of you with our thoughts, prayers and support.
The entire WGA group was so touched by your kindness this week as we began ur Member/member Tournament. I know that you have had plenty to think about the past 6 weeks, so for you to take the time to write each of us a note along with the beautiful orchids was most touching. Nick, you have alot of substitute Mothers that want to know what we can do to help out. Please know they all want to help with anything that they can do for you and Jen.
Jen, you have an absolutely devoted husband (but you already know that)that loves you more than words could ever explain.
All of you are in my thoughts and prayers each and everyday.
Cecile

Anonymous said...

Dear Nick and Jen,
My thoughts and prayers are with you as you continue your difficult journey together. Some temporary road blocks have been thrown up, but through the support of God, your family and friends I know you will get through the difficult and arduous times. Though I've never met you, through my co-worker, Gaylin, I feel like I know you. You have been blessed with each other and I know the two of you have the faith, love and strength to have a special life together. You make a perfect team. It won't be easy, but everyone knows the stars are shining out there for you.....you will make it through this! Krista