It is Friday afternoon and we are just taking a small break back at the room. Jenny had "surgery" in her room today to change her bandages and to check how things were looking. Dr. Duffy the plastic surgeon didn't see any infection which was good...and will continue to check on her daily. It appears she may have to return to the operating room next week for another procedure in checking her hands and legs but as we know this is all day to day. Her spirit today when we walked in was amazing..she was trying to talk to us...and we could "get it" mostly around the tube. She smiled and winked at me...looked so beautiful. Little Matthew had asked his 3rd grade class to write her get well cards and we read those to her...they were precious...and she loved them.
Ryan is flying in from Lawrence (KC) tonight and Richard..Randy's brother and his wife Terri are coming tomorrow. The Ringlers are also coming tomorrow for the afternoon and evening before heading to MD Anderson as Sharon has an appointment with a surgion there and can use some of Jenny's prayers. Steve is coming in on Sunday and leaving Monday for a BP meeting in Houston but will have a few hours with her. Our friends Gaylin and BB are coming on Monday for a few days, followed by Judy and Margene later in the week. Kay and Connie are here in spirit and will be here as soon as called upon.
We have an appointment with Baylor Rhab on Monday that Nick has arranged. This is to see what they can offer and to begin the search for Jen when she is able to be discharged.
I check this as often as I can..and the words that are here honestly give all of us the strength to continue on..and help her fight.
Love all of you so much, Randy, Marilyn and Martha
Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Jen we check this blog at least 25 times a day justing waiting for the next piece of good news. Keep fighting and winning Jen. You are so strong and so amazing. You have only begun to teach us all the many lessons that you will unknowingly impart upon us. Scott and I stopped by the hospital yesterday. We met your Aunt and your snoring Dad. We brought you a blanket so that you can always feel the warmth of your family and friends. So many people are pulling for you and praying for you. I cannot wait to see that smile that we all keep hearing so much about. Steph and Scott
Marilyn,Randy and Martha,
Glad to hear that you are back at the hotel getting some rest. Rest is most important for all of you. We all know that this has been a very long six weeks and that your strength will be needed for months to come.
I am so glad to hear that Jen winked at you and I know that the minute she can get the ventilator out of her mouth she will be telling you how much she loves each of you. Jen is so amzing to have come through all that she has and that she still is able to want to wink at anyone. Bless her heart..The world needs more people like Jen!!!!! And I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
All fo you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Cecile
PS:Ann and I look forward to meeting your friends from Wichita...Maybe we can have lunch with them while they are her. See you sometime this weekend
Jen, Nick, Randy, Marilyn,& family,
Randy and I are amazed by your courage and strength. We are humbled by your passion to overcome your pain and to rise to the occasion--how hard it must be! We are so encouraged by your positive energy and we pray that the weeks ahead will be positive as well. We hope to be there in the following weeks to help all of you during the road to recovery.
We love you and continue to hold close to our hearts.
Vicki and Randy
Checking in this morning from Mother Muffy. Get ready Sunshine, I'm coming to Dallas!!! I can't wait to see you and all the family. Bebe will pick me up at DFW around 9am and we will blast to the hospital as soon as we can. Hope your week end goes well, lots of prayers from here are still with you, we add more people daily. You are so loved, I hope you feel the love, no one deserves it more than you. Be strong little one, I'll be there to love you soon. Love to all the wonderful Whipples & extended family. Gaylin
Jen, Wanted to check in and see how everything is going...I hope you are feeling strong today.. I had dreams about you all night. I think I just really need to come see you so I can tell you in person how much I have been thinking of you and see that beautiful smile that everyone has been talking about!!!! I am hoping that around mothers day weekend I will be able to come see you. I will be in Oklahoma visiting my parents so that put me so much closer to you..
Love and sending lots of prayers your way.
Jill
Hi Jen I am Gaylin and Bebe's niece I am so happy to hear that you are getting better and I am praying for you. Just remember
"When we do what we can, God will do what we can't."
Courtney Eason
Post a Comment