Monday

Life Without Limbs

All I can say is, wow! Yesterday I was able to attend Nick Vujicic's event mentioned in the blog post below not once, but twice! My plan was to go once with family & friends but then thought that a special young friend of mine & P.L.A.Y. Foundation family member, Ryanne (missing both legs & parts of her hands), was attending with Scottish Rite & they had scheduled an amazing private meeting with Nick.

So, as I wasn't going to miss that opportunity, I came back and was able to listen for an hour of questions with him privately. Kids have the best way of just "getting it out there" and Nick answered every question with such wisdom and grace. They were so intrigued by how he was able to swim.

Since Nick was born without arms or legs (with no medical explanation) he was able to really enlighten the kids in the audience about self-esteem and self-empowerment. My husband and I got so much out of this experience. And Matthew H. couldn't have been more intrigued. He was smiling, laughing and was engaged with such heartfelt sincerity. It was a beautiful opportunity!

He has been all over the world speaking and touching lives of over 3 million people. What a powerful display of human courage! Apparently, Oprah is going to have him on one of her last shows in October. Saving the best for last, it couldn't be any more appropriate!

As an adult with some of his same obstacles he truly projects the concept of acceptance, of world community, of human potential. The crowd was cheering & clapping the entire time. Moments like these truly remind us how bright the human spirit is.

Icing on the cake: I was looking on his website and right on the front he has linked my website to his. I was so shocked and felt really touched as we had never met before yesterday!

Please visit Life Without Limbs and surf around. Be prepared to be inspired! Know yourself, accept yourself and let everything else be secondary. As Nick said, "You may have a mansion, money or fame, but if it's built on sand, who cares? It won't last anyway."

Love,
Jen

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear about this latest experience. You look beautiful as always.... Talk to you later! Love, Shannon

Tell Summer congratulations on the birth of her baby! Can't wait to hear about that too..... :)

Martha said...

Wow...what a beautiful photo!

Marilyn and Randy said...

Oh My...what a special photo..all three of you are such beautiful people..how inspiring that must have been..can't wait to view the website..

Anonymous said...

OMG!! You are so beautiful! I have followed this blog on and off for a long time but never have I seen you look better. What a treat to have the experience with both of these special people..I hope to meet you one day in person. Thank you so much for keeping on..and keeping all of us up to date!! What a blessing you are.

Unknown said...

I am so excited (and envious) that you were able to meet Nick! What an inspiration he is....and you are! BTW...what's up with you and guys from Australia named Nick? *-)

riunrandolph@gmail.com said...

I haven't even heard about this yet! I expect a phone call tonight or tomorrow. See you this weekend sugarpop.

Anonymous said...

Awww she is so cute and so cool you got to spend time with Nick!!

Martha said...

Know you have been busy, but time for an update!! I just noticed you have reached the 200,000 visitor to the blog. Look forward to this Christmas holiday and having you back home. As always, miss and love you...Mart

Martha said...

woops, 210000 that is amazing!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.