Monday

Thankful

As I look at these pictures I realize how thankful I am for all the love, inspiration, friendship & support that surrounds my family.

The first picture: my mom, grandmother, aunt, cousin & the Frentz family (best in-laws you could ask for) supporting each other from our losses at the Hard Rock Casino last weekend. A few, however, came home with some loot. Even without hands, I was determined to play. Play, I did. Win, I did not. :(

Check out the next photo. This is pure inspiration. Her name is Jamie and she lost both legs and hands just a few months ago to meningitis. Yes, she is standing and walking now. I have been blessed to get to know her & her family over this past year. Jamie spoke to school kids in Dallas recently and I was there to see her in action. We are both standing and able to understand the obstacles. I'm really touched by her bravery and friendship.

We are never fully who we are without the love support of our family. I had this photo of my husband Nick & my grandmother from a special moment at home. My entire family has given so much love & support.

I love you all and looking forward to seeing everyone this week. I'm thankful for my losses as it's giving me so many gains. Have a great Thanksgiving and remember to reflect on all that you are thankful for!

Love,
Jen

4 comments:

Karen Naomi said...

Inspiring indeed! I can't believe Jamie is out and about, what an amazing young woman!

Hope you are doing well Jen- Thanks for sharing and for all the support you have provided.

-Karen

Marilyn and Randy said...

Well Jenny..what a nice and special post. We have all come so far..seeing you live each day to the fullest..more than most of us can do..it so overwhelming that I am without words. Yew..without the support we have all had, we would have never made out of Medical City Dallas..we have so much to be Thankful for this Thanksgiving..Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Jen - My computer has been down - but, it decided on its own to come alive once more. I know that you know how very special I know you are and also that I love you dearly.

"Hugs"
Gram

Anonymous said...

Love the photos especially the one of Nick and your grandma. :) Love ya, Shannon