Wednesday

Java Break, Hands & Keep the Change Update

I started my day with a great cup of coffee and great conversation. I was with a friend who always has a way of putting life in perspective. While we were talking she said something that made me stop and think.

She said “I wish you could have seen all the love that was around you while you were in the hospital.” I’m sure I will hear different stories and memories for a long time to come but the consistent theme in all the stories I hear is stability, love and laughter.

Everyday we interact with people that may or may not be there tomorrow and everyday we do things that make or break someone’s day. I wish I could have taped those months in the hospital, only to see and appreciate things I may not have otherwise been able to.

Growing up, I was always taught that the things we do when nobody is watching sometimes counts more than when someone is watching. I’m so glad that the path I am now on has taught me to value that so much more. Keep doing for others what you expect in return, especially when they aren't even immediately aware!

On another note, I have been fitted for my hands, so watch out! :) I should have them in about 4-6 weeks. Hopefully I can bring myself back to talking with my hands. Talk about an adjustment! My hands used to be my second mouth!

Keep the Change: I have collected $180 in change and just need $20 more to get my $200. Where will it go? It's a surprise!

Love,
Jen

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to read an update! I have been wondering what has been going on in your life...where will that $200 go..hmmm. I agree and try to remember to live by the truth ...it really doesn't matter what you do when no one is watching..it is how you live when there is no one around to judge..it isn't always easy but, it is always the right thing. Keep talking to us Jen.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Jen---I am curious about what you are up to-with the $2oo! Thinking of you this morning and wanted to say HI--and hope you have a great weekend--Hope to see you real soon--Love and a Hug----Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hey Snapper,
I am soooo glad to here from you..
Can't wait to see the new hands!!!! How exciting.
I miss and love you sister.
Jill

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could give us hints and we could guess? Patience is not our strong suit. S&S

Anonymous said...

Will your $200. go to your little 5 year old friend or Winter? I wonder.
Can't wait to see your new hands. I know you are so excited about the next phase, but remember Jen we all love you just the way you are. You have the biggest heart in the world and the most loving and caring personality. I know your parents are so proud of the qualities that you learned growing up. I know that being a parent of an adult child, it does make you feel VERY proud when you see your child be so independent and inspirational as they face the world ahead of them. And what a beautiful journey you have made so far. Keep us looking forward to your wonderful words of wisdom.
Love you,
Cecile

Anonymous said...

so excited to hear about the hands!! You've got to come up to MCDH and see us. We think about you often and frequently read your blog to see how you are doing.
You are an inspiration Jen!
Your ladies in blue :)

Pilates Works 4 Life said...

Jen, I've been voting for you and Donna. And have been asking others to vote as well. With Danica Patrick making headlines of late, YOU have been an inspiration. You should be the one in the headlines representing the model/example we want for our young people. Thanks for using your mind and not your body to promote being a gifted woman.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen...need an update..I read this every day..no pressure or anything!! Have you had any news on the assist dog? What about your little friend? Are you swimming still? Just need some news to start my day!!

Anonymous said...

The video is great!! It says you can keep voting every 24 hours so expect me to keep voting!!

Anonymous said...

Hi this is so cool..i love reading your blog--so glad you added video. it has captured so much. Vote For Pilates and Jen!

Anonymous said...

Hello Jen! Thanks for the video it was sooooooo awesome to see you in person you are so sweet and REAL!!