Monday

View in the Mirror

Ever looked in the mirror and see something different than someone else? Ever read something and get a different interpretation than someone else?

Nick and I were in the car the other morning and noticed what looked like a homeless person, looking at himself and brushing his hair through the reflection of a building. Besides the fact that he had a good look going on, it made us instantly look at each other and say "did you see that?"

I thought about him on and off all weekend; where was he going, what's his story, etc. Then I thought that he and I saw two different things that day.

He was trying to find a mirror and we were looking for a reason or a story. How ironic that we drove by right at the time that his reflection came up and made us "reflect" the rest of our drive.

I have had a lot of conversations lately which have been both eye opening and self reflective and its really all about the mirror. We carry it with us whether we realize it or not.

Others are looking at us in ways we can't see and vice-versa. Do you think that was on purpose? We can't do anything without others in this world.

Make the best of it and look at the mirrors or reflectors in your life and understand that its probably by design.

Hope you had a great holiday weekend!

Love,
Jen

No comments: