As new year resolutions go, I wanted to share mine with you. Have you ever wondered about the logistics of me making purchases? Well, it's not always flawless. If I make a cash purchase and I have change coming back to me in the form of coins, 99% of the time I say "keep the change" regardless of the amount (because of my situation). Coins are a bit of a balancing act and I have yet to learn how to balance. :)
I have been thinking about this more lately as I feel I should be making my difficulty a positive for someone else. So, rather than telling someone to keep my change, I'm going to make this year "All About Change" and start utilizing what I can't as a way to create change.
For the next year, I'm going to be saving all of my change. The first $200 that I have will be donated to a special charity, of which I will share with you. From that point on, I will be looking for a special person or cause to provide my change to.
I have a much larger dream for this idea and hope to provide you updates as the year progresses. However, as of today, if you know of anyone that should be on my change list, please let me know. I'd love to have a list to send to by the end of 2008. Always feel free to e-mail me at griffinja123@gmail.com!
I hope u all had a great weekend. It's all about the change you can make! :)
Love,
Jen
Love,
Jen

10 comments:
Jen! Sorry to hear about the annoying dog, but ice cream can help get through annoying times, :). I'm so glad you & Lil Matthew made Abilene your home for the weekend. I had a great time! You have a perfect idea with the "change" concept and again, you've moved down a path less traveled. That is a lovely idea Jen. Lets all make a change in '08 whether it involves change as in money, change as in behavioral, or change as in the physical. Everyone try to make a positive change this year and begin to bridge the gap between the person we think we should be and the person we really are. It can be done. We see it with Jen everyday. Love all, Matthew
Wonderful idea Jen Ben!!!!!! My daughter will love this one because she told me before Christmas that she wanted to donate all of her change to charity...I was so impressed and will let you know where this change goes!! I need to make some change of my own now in soooooo many ways!!!
As always Love and Miss you lots
Jill
clever idea jen! can't wait to see you soon. i'll be chatting with you later this week, biggy.
Neat posts...it's great to hear how great your recovery is progressing! Keep on keepin' on!
Love it Jen. I always have such a hard time accepting that change comes in small increments. I want everything that I set my mind to to happen immediately. Your post really helps me visualize how those small increments add up over time. What an inspiration. Thanks! S&S
I admire your optimism and determination. Don't let anything get in the way of your optimism! -luke
Jen,
We have never met but I ask your mom about you every day since she has returned to work. I see the pain but also the pride in her face as she talks about her love for you and the hardships you continue to overcome. I was thinking that maybe giving the change to your pilates instucter so she could offer lessons to another amputee would be a good place for your "change"? Just a thought but it has seemed to be a path that has helped you so much. I am so proud to have known you through your mother who loves you so much. Keep fightin' the good fight!
Liz
Wow..just saw the note from Liz and I also have known you through your mother for years. She has helped me so many times in my life...more than she will ever know so..I can say that you are a special girl from a great family. I like the idea of the change to your instructor but whatever you choose will be right. You are amazing.
Echoing the above! I'm glad I have your blog saved now so I continue to read your updates. I've heard so many wonderful stories about you and your family!
Jen - You really need to read the book "Christmas Jars" - it flows with your plan for your "change". At the SRS office in Salina, the book is passed from person to person to share the inspiration of the story. And speaking of inspiration - I'm so glad that I found this blog - you are such an inspiration and I keep coming back to read the excellent progress you are making. Keep it up! Linda
Post a Comment