Thursday

Follow Your Own Guidance and You Will Never Be Alone; Trust Your Own Truths and Blue Skies Will Follow Wherever You Go

Every since my life was altered, I have had a constant internal battle with direction. The battle is having someone or something direct me versus figuring this out on my own, day by day. When I started to realize that I needed a different direction with rehab, I became in search of that "thing" that would bring me fulfillment that I was moving forward. I felt as if I needed a greater challenge but we couldn't figure out what that was. Again, is it my therapists job to guide me or do I take it to the next level on my own?

I started to work on my makeup, then driving, then stairs, then computer stuff. I even worked on a paint-by-number (it's on display at the Tate in London, haha). Then, I stopped looking so hard and I started to follow my heart.

I have mentioned before that I really enjoy yoga, however, my body no longer moves the same way and I can no longer bend like a pretzel :) So, as most of you know, my rehab is now Pilates & swimming. Pilates, even though different, has given me the great yoga-like feeling.

What I wanted to share with you is this, because I went back to what I know, I have been asked to participate in a wonderful pilates workshop in February. The information is www.optimisticrealism.com/pilates. There will be wonderful people from all over the world. My awesome trainer will be there to show others how this has worked for me and hopefully we can help others. I am looking forward to it.

Because I started to guide myself and have had an amazing trainer (along with an amazing friend who introduced us), I have never felt better about my accomplishments. This is hard work but in less than a year I have learned how to have the discipline I should have had all along.

I have had times of just wanting someone to give me a crystal ball and show me that it will all be okay. But, then I think that everyone thinks this way. Experiences are the way of life. If all else fails, go with what feels right. I am finally directing my rehabilitation and its great. Never take anything as it is. ou have the power to change and make it what you want.

You can't know wisdom. Wisdom you have to be.

Love,
Jen

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen.... I love the new pictures, you look fabulous. Love the smile, love the hair cut, love your self assuredness (is that a word) love you. You are still amazing and thank you for sharing what you are learning with us. The pic of the family is wonderful they are all great people and you are all so blessed to have one another. Happy New Year, Jen.
Pam

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful to read your progress! It's so uplifting, please keep up your good work!

Martha said...

Jen...Happy to see some recent pictures! Your philosophy and spirit continue to amaze and inspire me! Think of how much you have helped us all to learn and discover different ways to view life since opening your eyes on Easter 10 months ago! You smiled then and have continued to do so through whatever situation has confronted you. I love you, Mart

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Jen--Thinking about you this morning--I love the new pictures--so cute. It sounds like you really enjoy your new trainer--so happy about that. K.U. fans are sure excited about the orange bowl--GO HAWKS--now on to basketball. I enjoy reading your blogs--and learning something new every day --FROM YOU!! And I thank you for that. Love and a Hug--Kathy

Anonymous said...

Well bake me a pie and pour me a black russian! so wonderful to hear all of your progress! I hadn't had the internets for several weeks so your updatee is just perfect to start my weekend off right! wish you all the best and please keep journaling. Forgot to mention that i am curious about this youtube thing! haven't a clue what that is, but it must be something neat!!

Anonymous said...

Great post!!!!!They just keep getting better..Keep up the great work with you body and soul...
YOU ROCK SISTER.
Love and miss you snapper
Jill

Anonymous said...

Dearest Jen.....i'm running a check on this thing before I write.....can never remember how to log on....must make a list! hee hee

Anonymous said...

ok now....Mother Muffy checking in, just because I haven't posted doesn't mean I haven't been here reading, praying and laughing and crying with tears of joy (of course)...you are...i don't have a good word, will have to get out the dictionary..amazing just doesn't get it anymore. Love your blog and can't wait to see what you are up to next! So glad I got to see you Thanksgiving. Love the new pic's, did Ryan do those? You are so beautiful.
Drew, Dawn and J were all here for Christmas and we put a new spin on Christmas. Played games until dark, opened presents and then started the games again until the wee hours of the morning. Had a good time and a few days off. Whew, needed them and now back to the challenge of mud, snow and a new development (YEA) Went to a costume party for New Years and played the funniest games, had a little toast with the "girls" before. Judy and Bill get home tomorrow from Japan, can't wait to hear the stories! Keep writting, blazing your path into the world and .....dude...hang on tight because 2008 is going to be a year to remember for you....lead on! I'm still your cheerleader (never made the squad in highschool)....guess I was just too cute! hee hee....Hugs to you, Nick and M'Matthew...Love you, gaylin aka Mother Muffy. Check your email for pictures of my grandbaby, Rigby. LOL ;->

Matthew Whipple said...

Jen & Lil Matthew came out to Abilene for the weekend. We've had a great time! Everyone that reads this blog should know that my sister, Jen one of the few people in the world that have been given a God given gift and the ability to use it without even knowing it. She gives me strength everyday and it's been great having her & Matthew out here for the weekend. We missed having Christy around, as she was in KC for the weekend but we thought about her as always. Richard & Terri came over Friday night for homemade fajitas, which was delish! Thanks again to GOD for keeping my sister with us. Life is a winding road and We will all get through it together, as a team. I'm always thinking of the family, friends, and people that have come across Jens path. Talked to Mom today and want to say that she has been, along with the whole family, a stable, strong foundation and I love all of you. Thanks Jen for the inspirational writings. You continue to keep many people going. Love you, Matthew

Anonymous said...

Nick & Jen,

I was logged on to wfaa.com today and noticed an 18-yr old HS senior from Arlington had strep throat and a stomach ache and wasn't and getting better and was sent home and admitted to the hospital and in 3 days she died of toxic shock. I have attached the link to the article in case you wanted to read it.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa080303_mo_tssdeath.1d68edd3.html


Nancy Taylor