Okay, whoever made the comment about the fact that I needed to make a new post: thank you. There is nothing better than being told how it is or how it should be. :)
My previous post was very therapeutic for me and I will be sharing more with you soon. I feel as though I have been given a venue to create smiles and warmth and that is the best feeling.
I am switching gears this week to a really funny story. However, before I give up the goods, I want to share a bit of something that got me through the situation I am about to share.
While I was in rehabilitation I was given the best book by a great friend Taylor Hess. The book is The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. If you haven't read this, you must add this to your list of things to do before you die.
There is a part of the book that goes like this "the soul of the world is nourished by people's happiness. And also by unhappiness, envy, and jealousy. To realize one's destiny is a person's only real obligation. All things are one. When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."
So, how does this relate to my story? Let me first start by saying that in my situation there are always moments of feeling like saying "oops, I really hope nobody saw that". Ha! That being said, a few weeks ago I was at my husbands work for lunch. I didn't have my leg on properly and was very aware of it. After lunch Matthew and I walked out to get the car and talked with the valet for a bit. As I pulled up my leg to get into the car, the prosthetic (Fred) slid straight off my leg, hit the ground and then, of course, tipped over.
Wow. I wouldn't advise trying this at home. Great party trick but this was the worst possible place ever. I tried so hard to play this off but what do you say? The valet looked at me, I looked at her and started laughing (I tend to laugh at the worst times!). I said "well, this is embarrassing. Do you mind handing me my leg?" Haha! She was really sweet about it and now she has a story. We got it all worked out and had a good laugh.
However, the phrase from the book above really stuck with me. As embarrassing as it was, my soul was actually in a great place. The energy was light and lent itself to a very warm and funny environment.
Laughing at ourselves and understanding the art of loving ourselves, will create a universe where we will be able to know our true destiny.
Laugh a lot these next few days. I'll even let you borrow Fred or Ginger if you need it .:)
Love,
Jen
Wednesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

26 comments:
OH JENNIFER THAT IS VERY FUNNY!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY YOU WERE ABLE TO LAUGH ABOUT IT..YOU ARE SO RIGHT ABOUT BEING ABLE TO LAUGH AT YOURSELF. NO ONE IS PERFECT AND WE ALL DO THINGS THAT ARE A LITTLE OFF SOMETIMES WELL I PROBABLY DO IT MORE THAT OTHERS BUT OH WELL WHAT CAN YOU DO ABOUT IT!!!! YOU JUST HAVE TO LAUGH...
IT MAKES LIFE A LOT MORE FUN THAT WAY DON'T YOU THINK.
LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU
JILL F
Alrighty now, sweet Jen, I've got a silly little story that I want to share with you. I parked my car in the building garage this morning and started gathering my stuff...badge, sack lunch, ginormous purse that is screaming to be cleaned out, and my keys. Well, I dropped my keys (why couldn't it have been my ginormous purse?) between the driver's seat and console and that's where the story begins. No matter how much I dug, squirmed, twisted, shoved, wiggled or cursed, I couldn't seem to get those stupid keys. I moved the seat forward and I moved the seat backward...to no avail. I was half in and half out of the car with my ginormous butt sticking out in all sorts of contorted angles while digging for those danged keys! I tried from the passenger side and found that my posture (and posterior) was even worse over there. I had a bloody knuckle that was beginning to smear blood on my seats and console but for the life of me I still couldn't get those @*(*$ keys!! I don't know how many of our co-workers witnessed this horrid spectacle that went on for what felt like an hour but was, in reality, about 5 minutes.
Then I started thinking about you and what you would do in a similar situation. That thought put things in perspective for me. I calmed down and relaxed and easily grasped my keys.
So see, even in the most mundane daily "stuff" we deal with, you are a driving force tht allows us to think clearly. Thank you, Jen!
Luv,
Diane
Jen - What a great attitude you have about everything,so glad you could make light of the situation.
I think that just shows how secure you are in yourself.
I was laughing outloud when I read the story. Thanks for sharing all the little things, it helps us better understand your daily ups and downs, however I think you make the very best of the downs.
Love you
Nancy
That was a great post Jen! I have a few of those "oops, I hope nobody saw that", so I can relate. Actully, I've had more than my share of those, haha. I've heard about the Alchemist and I will give it a try. I hope you and Nick had a great time this past Monday for your anniversary celebraysh! Can't believe how fast this first year has flown by. We've all been through quite a lot to say the least. You guys have done so well and to see you, Nick, & Lil Matthew s bond grow so tight is an amazing thing. I'll see you very soon and love you lots!
Oh my gosh......I had the great opportunity to have one of those "oops" myself recently. To make a long story short, it had recently rained and so getting into my car in the Old Nacy parking lot I slipped and fell into the bushes and the mud. I had mud from my head to my toes. I didn't even look to see if anyone saw me.....got in the car and started to cry. On the way home I got tickled and was laughing out loud at the red light and noticed people on either side were staring at me. I felt so much better after all the laughter. This is the best part........on the way home I called Mitch to tell him what happened (who was on the golf course, amazing isn't it) and after he asked if I was ok then he says "did you get mud on the seats"
I almost took him out.
What a sad world this would be if we couldn't laugh at ourselves. Thanks for sharing.
I love you
Margene
Jen---Loved that story--It made me laugh out loud!We all have had our "moments"---and glad you can laugh at yours. Hope you have a good weekend sweetie--Love and a Hug----Kath
Jenny - you are awesome! I love your stories and look forward to reading your blog everyday!
Shelley :)
I can just see this all happening. How funny! You always make me laugh so why not share it with all! I miss you! Can't wait to see you again real soon! Love ya, Shannon
Mother Muffy checking in....oh, You do make me LOL...I would have been on the ground laughing with you....you know me,I also tend to laugh at the most awful times, when I should keep my mouth shut...but I just can't help myself. That Fred...I don't know if you will ever get him under control! I loved Margene's story, I had already heard it and it still made me LOL...you know we Muffy's think we are soooooo funny! As Bebe says," Sometimes, I just make my self laugh...I am so funny!" Life is about getting the best out of each day. I thank God for you daily. Your loving friend, gaylin
MM---oh, the Muffy's think we are cute, really cute..I left that part out...
Jen....ask your Uncle Steve about the rental car....talk about a LOL story! You may have to wait until he can tell you in person...it is better with visuals. This happened while you were still in Medical City....
I've been away for a bit but just wanna say that I've read the last several post you've done and hope that you really consider writing a book.
Great story with the valet!
Love ya Chane!
Tony B.
Jen, Don't even get me started on this subject. I can't even blame falling flat on my back while taking wedding pictures at a friends outside wedding on having prosthetics! Maybe a little too much Budweiser though. You are something else. The way you make other people smile when they would otherwise be uncomfortable is such a gift. Like the time I was trying a new pair of shoes on Fred and Ginger and I thought they might be a tad big. You said "well I sure dont want to get blisters"! I said you sure don't need that on top of everything else, then it hit me...duh. Miss you, Mart
Jennifer, I am so in awe of you! I am forever telling friends "Jennifer" stories, which spreads your words of wisdom from here to California, Florida, Kentucky, Italy, and Australia as well. You touch more lives than you will ever know and you leave alot of smiles on unknown faces. I read your "The One Thing Grander Than The Sea is the Sky.......at Thanksgiving and you made it one of the best thanksgiving's ever. I hope that you and Nick and your entire family had a fantastic one as well! Fondly, Barbara Berger (Bent Tree)
Post a Comment