Sunday

Bend it Like Griffin

Bend what? :) As most of you know, before I got sick I really enjoyed riding my bike and doing yoga (योग). I have really missed both but am trying to find a way to get a bike set up. However, in the mean time, good ol' Walt has gotten me in touch with a pilates instructor and I start tomorrow. I am really excited.

Again, bend what? I'm not sure how this will work but I will definitely make sure Fred is securely fastened! Just getting back in this environment is going to be good for me. I am going to have a few classes and see where this takes me. :)

I am also looking into swimming again. A few mornings a week would be so good for the soul. We shall see, I'll keep you posted on this one.

Also, I am going with Ann (Walt's wife) tomorrow to the place that is working on my service dog. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the dogs. Hopefully I will have a dog soon. They are all so amazing.

I hope you all had a great weekend. I had a really great weekend with friends and family.

Love,
Jen

13 comments:

Marilyn and Randy said...

Hey Jenny..can't wait to see how Pilates goes for you..your Uncle Steve has been encouraging me to get involved with this for years..maybe you will lead the way. I know it is a great way to exercise! Ann will love visiting PAWS where they train the service dogs. I still remember when we went and watched the "retired" Golden Lab pick up coins with his mouth..as well as open doors..it was amazing! Can't wait to see you next week..we had a great weekend also..celebrated your Aunt Martha's birthday and saw a great movie..it is getting cold in Kansas..hope I don't bring that with me! Hope your class goes well and hope the swimming works out soon..how good that will feel.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Jen these all sound like fabulous things that you'll really enjoy. Bless Walt and Ann for helping to make these things happen. Let us all know how your trip to Patriot Paws goes. I am hoping you fall in love with the new black lab. S&S

Anonymous said...

How fun! I would love to go to Patriot Paws and see those dogs. Tell Walt and Ann hello from me. They are a blessing and I am so glad they are there for you!! Have fun at your appointment. You were the workout queen. I knew you would be back at it as quick as possible. Love ya!!! Shannon

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS LIKE FUN!!!!!! YOU WILL HAVE A SIX PACK BEFORE YOU KNOW IT..
I LOVE AND MISS YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH KEEP UP THE HARD WORK JENNIFER AND KNOW THAT I AM PRAYING FOR YOU ALL THE TIME.
YOUR SNAPPER HEAD FRIEND,
JILL F

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Jen--It sure sounds like you have a lot of plans--Pilates will be so much fun--and the swimming will be so soothing and calming..........Your Mom is right--it is so cold this morning--
Jen--when do you think you will be able to get a dog--? I think that will be fabulous for you. Love and a hug----kathy

Anonymous said...

JEN,

You are still one of the most active people I know! I hope all went well with Pilates and that you continue to find new challenges to embark on.

Travis

Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration..really.. I recently have started to follow your Posts..Pilates huh? Makes me reflect on things..like maybe getting up and moving once in awhile. Keep it up Jen..so glad to hear about you and your progress.

TracyRhea said...

Hi Jen,

I am glad to hear that you will soon be getting a service dog!!! We have a one year old Goldendoodle. She is a cross between a Golden Retriever and a Poodle. She is a hand full. I bet you will enjoy taking pilates. I have been biking for three years. I love being outdoors, it helps clear the mind. I keep you in my prayers and wish you the best.

Your Shirt-tail cousin from Missouri,

Tracy Rhea

P.S. It has gotten really cold in Missouri too!!!!

TracyRhea said...

Hey Jen,

I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I know that you are excited about getting your service dog. We have a one year old Goldendoodle. She can be a hand full sometimes. I have a feeling that you will really enjoy the pilates. I have been biking for about three years. I love to be outside in the fresh air. It helps to clear the mind. I am keeping you in my prayers and wish you all the best.

Your shirt-tail cousin from Missouri,

Tracy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great way to "release" and get some ExErCiSe. Thinking and hoping for the best to come for all of you.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool you are getting ultra active! It's kind of making me feel lazy, haha! I'll be calling you tonight. Love you sis.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen. I love your story about Fred...Fred sounds like a wild one! (LOL!) ;-} I hope you enjoyed your visit at Patriot Paws and gave all the puppies a hug for us! I haven't swam in forever but it's such a good work out. Maybe I'd better put down this cookie and get active (snort!) Well enjoy the rest of your week.

Holly

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen..how did it go with the puppies? Are you close to having a match made? That is so exciting! Write soon and fill us all in...are you sore from all the working out? And..wondered what you are going to be for Halloween? :> How about Super Woman?