Wow! I had such an awesome experience this weekend, of which, I encourage everyone to do at least once in your life.
I had the opportunity to ride in a hot air balloon on Saturday (with about 50 other balloons) with my great hubby. It was such a beautiful and peaceful ride; we were up for about 45 minutes. I was able to balance myself for almost 3/4 of the ride. My mom and the gang was able to stand below us for a great view.
I have been sky diving before and feel that that my next adventure is a combination of the two, ha! We shall see.
We also celebrated my youngest brother's 23rd birthday. He flew in on a break from KU and we had a really fun time. I hope you all get to meet him as he will give you a new perspective on life.
I have a question for all of you. This blog has been going for months and I have loved every minute of it. However, I would really enjoy feedback regarding whether or not this is something I should continue or suggestions of what direction I should take this.
Please give me your input! :)
Love,
Jen
Monday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

35 comments:
Hi Jen and Family--Wow --what a fun ride--I know that must have been a blast--riding with your hubby--!! PlEASE--keep the blog--I feel like I would be lost without it--We all would--I check it every morning--to hear what you have to say--and all your new tricks--and your sweet-sweet words. Hope you have a good week--Hi-to everyone--Love and a Hug--Kath
keep it up, i love it!
Love you MM
I know that several people read and keep prayers, but don't respond
Jen - I check your blog daily although I haven't left a comment in some time. I would hope that you continue your blog. I love to hear how you are doing and what you are doing. You and your family are in my prayers daily and your blog gives me strength.
Jen,
I continually keep up with how you are doing and what is going on in your journey although I rarely respond. It is such a good feeling to read about your progress and your wonderful spirit and humor. Your blog is so inspirational and upbeat that I would miss reading it but please know all of us will understand whatever your decision may be. You are one heck of a person and I have such admiration for you and your strength. God has blessed you in so many ways, may he continue to bless your more.
Gaylee Dolloff
Hi Jen,
This is Judy, Scott's Mom. Your blog is my first destination every morning. I don't know if you realize how many readers you have who have never met you and will probably never have the opportunity to meet you and your family. You are truly an inspiration to each and every one of them. I still look forward to meeting you in person.
Hi Jen,
You do not know me, but I came across your blog randomly one day (clicking on the "next blog" icon) and I have been reading along ever since. You are incredibly inspirational and insightful and I love checking in regularly to see what you have to say. I do hope you continue you writing, but if not, please know that you have truly touched my life. I can only hope to carry with me each day an ounce of your courage, strength and humor. Thank you!
Howdy Jen - My vote is a resounding YES to keep your blog going! We've been following your progress since that fateful day in March and we don't want to stop now. My goodness, you've got quite a cult following and you're touching lives of people you've never met. You are one special gal!
I've got to take my hat off to you for going on that balloon ride. You know I've gone skydiving but...wrap your mind around this...I have a fear of heights and am scared to go up in a balloon -- silly me ;) In fact, I'm white knuckled and grasping the bars in a chair lift. How is it possible that I have no fear at all jumping out of a plane at 13,000 feet but have problems sitting in a chair at no more than 50 feet above ground? Next time I do that, I'm going to think of you and draw on your strength.
Luv,
Diane
P.S. I love the pic of you and the dolphin!! Swimming with the dolphins has been on my "to do" list for a long long time.
MY VOTE IS YES......KEEP THE BLOG
I,like many others must ready your blog each morning just in case you posted something new from the day before. This was the best gift that you good friend could have done for you and your family when you began the new stage of your life. And we all love hearing what you have accomplish each week. You have inspired more people (people you have never met) during this 5 month journey. I know you have surprised all the doctors as well as all of us that have wrapped you in their arms of love.
Can't wait to hear about your trip to Oklahoma.
I can just see the smile on your face as the balloon lifted off Saturday morning....And how special that Nick was able to be right their at your side. You both are so fortunate to have found each other.
Love to all of you,
Cecile
Jen,
Your blog has become a morning ritual with so many of us who can't be there to watch your progress that we would feel totally disconnected were you to stop. But, I do have a request.... You have been and will continue to be an inspiration to all of us as we encounter even the simplest of everyday obstacles in our own lives so keep talkin', girl; but I would like to hear from Nick every now and then.
Before you were able to share your daily accomplishments, it was Nick's point of view as devoted spouse and caregiver that taught us the true power of love. Nick can continue to teach us from a different perspective (and a position we will all find ourselves in someday if we haven't already). Because his has been a different type of pain, a different type of strength, and a different type of healing,
there are also different lessons we can learn from Nick. He is the true embodiment of the word 'helpmate'.
You are so fortunate to have found each other and so very kind to share your journey together with the world. We thank you for all you have given us and we continue to lift you and all your family up in prayer.
I remain in awe,
N-
I actually saw the video of you skydiving...classic! I can only imagine what a hot air balloon ride is like!
You do what you want, but I think you should keep bloggin'.
Later
Tony B.
KEEP ON BLOGGIN'!
The balloon festival was AWESOME! My vote goes to keeping the blog going. You get many readers and not everyone comments. Sometimes there just isn't anything to say.
In any case, it will be neat to have an archived diary of your reflections 5 or 10 years down the road. You feel me? Love you.
hi i found this on the google listings and i like reading it hopefully you will continue. my brother lost both his legs in iraq from an ied and it gives me comfort to see that life isnt all bad after somthing like this happens. your friend Jon
Jen- I just finished reading the comments about the blog - look at how many lives you have touched of people that don't know you personally. God has given you a special gift of putting words on a page. SOOOO my vote would be to keep it up if you have the time.
Love - The Blackmans
Dear jen
i screwed up my comment!! anyone else have as much trouble with this as i do!?!?
anyways, i jsut was just saying that i came across this blog by clicking the next button up top like other people have and ive been following it for two or three weeks and want you to keep it going if you can!! its neat to read!!
Keep the blog. I love reading it. Can Ryan add a counter on here so you can see how many people read it? That would be cool. I can't tell you how many people say they read it all the time - they just do not post. A lot of people we went to school with, etc. Can't wait to hear about OKC. Keep giving us your wisdom - young grasshopper!!!!!!!!! Love ya, Shan
The blog has done great things for a number of people and I know you like keeping in touch with everyone. Don't feel like you need to update it daily but my vote is for the blog to stay. I had a great time at the balloon festival and the weekend overall was a blast as usual. lots of laughs :) . See you soon! Love u sis, Mateo
Hi Jen. This is Sara, Ryan's girlfriend. I just wanted to say that your story has been told by me to many people. It's very inspirational and I'm glad I met your incredible brother. Keep going strong!
WOW JEN!!!!!! CAN YOU IMAGINE ALL OF THE OTHER PEOPLE THAT ARE READING THIS BLOG THAT YOU HAVEN'T HEARD FROM YET.... I HOPE YOU HEAR FROM MORE PEOPLE I JUST THINK IT IS SO COOL.
YOU SHOULD BE SOOOO PROUD OF YOURSELF FOR TOUCHING SO MANY OTHERS LIVES. I KNOW I AM VERY BLESSED TO HAVE YOU IN MY LIFE. GOD BLESS YOU AND ALL OF THE OTHER PEOPLE THAT GET INSPIRATION FROM THIS BEAUTIFUL BLOG...
LOVE YOU JEN, JILL F
howdy!! me and my wife like reading this and saw your most recent post, so we thougth we should say that we enjoy it and you should keep on truckin' as we say in Mississippi!! Hooten and a hollerin!!
It is late and I am trying to sleep but can't seem to find my way right now. I keep thinking about our time in OKC and the new "legs" you have and all that you have yet to experience. I agree with all of the folks who have taken the time to connect with you..just keep on sharing your journey and your thoughts with all whom you have touched. It seems that through you, others have gained strength and I know you want that...want to know that the pain and suffering you have experienced allows you to give back to so many. I also agree with Nancy..who so eloquently stated that we all would love to hear from Nick again. He wrote so well when you weren't able..his "take on things" is missed.
Good night my sweet, beautiful daughter..you are such a blessing and so loved.
Mom
Hi Jen! I also check on you several times a week. Please keep the blog. Always thinking of you and your family....
Shelley
hello, what a neat blog! ive bookmarked several blogs ive found on here and saw that you wanted input from readers. Well, here i am and i say keep blogging!!!! =o)
Blog away Jen! I love reading and wish to continue keeping track! I think about you constantly, and hope to see you very very very soon!!! Miss you tons!!
Your fav. cousin (okay, I know Sam is too, but we have to keep the girl power strong! haha!)
Love you!
PS I love the picture of you on here, its very artsy! :o)
Hi,
I bookmarked this website awhile ago while looking at another blog and just wanted to make a comment to say that i think you should keep your Blog going, its fun to follow it!!
Jen, I think if you discontinued the blog a lot of people wouldn't have a reason to spring out of bed so fast each morning. You surely know how dependent we have all become on you. You have a great twist on this life that you so generously share. From the beginning I knew you would be giving something special to all who know you and those that haven't had the good fortune to meet you yet. Keep on sharing the beauty of this life. Love You! Judy
MM checking in....well good morning my sweet....hee hee hee! Well, guess the message on the blog loud and clear! You are our lifeline to the Muffy's some don't some can't and some will post. But know you are always in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks Ryan for the pictures, Jen thanks for the post and Nick (the king of cabanna boys!) please post again. I'm not sure I have ever read/felt a young mans love for his wife so loud and clear. Even though we always post to Jen, you are always included. We think you are ....well words fail me....as wonderful, you rock, you are the best.....seem trite. Maybe King fits you. I see how tenderly you love Jen, how you don't baby her, she is your life partner and soul mate...what a gift. Sometimes we don't realize the gifts we possess until we have crossed the raging river (as you have together.) Jen, we are intereted in the daily activities that you have mastered and the tricks you have learned to do what we take for granted. Keep us posted on that, as that makes us realize for everything we do....there is no RIGHT way, think outside of the box,girlfriend. Send me a list of things you still need, let me see if I am resourceful enough to get them before the 1st of November. Love you more each day. Mother Muffy
Jen - Yes, keep blogging. I cannot tell you how many emails I have gotten since your trip to our office yesterday. You touch people in so many ways. You give out these little pearls of wisdom that force people to slow down, evaluate life, reflect on their blessings, and chart a new course. This blog is just another medium for you to pass along pearls. S&S
Hi Jenny....what a wonderful way to start my day is to read what you have written on the blog. If at all possible for you I would like to see you keep it. Each morning when I read it I feel very connected to you and if there is nothing new then I read over the old. Your strength, courage and wonderful attitude helps me to be a better person.
Nick it sounds like their are alot of us who would like to hear from you. You are not only a wonderful blessing to Jenny but the love you share is an inspiration for all of us.
Love you both......
Margene
hi my name is tommi in 2 grade my teacher is mirs aplebaurer in austin texas yu should come talk two my school mayb i culd get popcorn and pop
Jen...The pressure is on, but I would miss reading your blog. There are so many memories of you Jen in years gone by. Funny stories and laughter and all that humor and wisdom is still a part of you, that I love reading about. You speak to the human spirit and give hope and encouragement to many of us. Know that what ever you chose we love you and are blessed to know you.
Pam
hadn't check this blog in a month or so, but letting the author know (Jen?) that your blog is nicely done and it seems like a lot people like reading it Sincerely, Ken
Jen! I read this post all the time! Please keep it up if you feel like you have the time! You seem to be going on many fun adventures! You are truly an awesome person that I am blessed to know! I love your attitude and LOVE reading your blog. Thanks for keeping us all updated. We can all live vicariously through you, with your awesome attitude and amazing adventures! I, like Tommi, a previous poster, would like for you to come speak to my students when we do the character trait perseverance, because you my dear are the epitome of perseverance! Like Tommi, I could offer something for your talk...lunch at at your alma mater! Keep up the good work! You are always in my thoughts and prayers!
Michelle (Elliott)
Hilliard
Jen - I read your blog every week and you inspire me. Please keep blogging!!
Elizabeth Christman
Post a Comment