Friday

The Bloggin' Continues!

The blog is here to stay unless you tell me otherwise. :) Always feel free to ask me questions, let me know what you want to hear and to use this as a way to get to know me in a way that I may not have shared.

I went to OKC this week with mom and have my "official" legs. They now have skin on them and toe nails waiting to be painted. Any suggestions on colors? It's amazing what they can do with veins, freckles, hair, etc. just amazing.

For those of you that are not aware, I am in the process of getting a service dog ― very cool. I can thankfully do quite a bit; however, who wouldn't want a dog to do your laundry, take off your shoes or pick up anything that you may drop? It will take approximately one year to train the dog, and because of this, several people are donating time to help the training process ― people I don't even know. This is so special.

So, I had lunch with these wonderful people this week which really warmed my heart. I can't wait to have lunch with you all again soon. Thank you!

I will write early in the week from now on. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Love,
Jen

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to hear, I will continue to frequent to hear about your continued success. Congrats on the help dog, I've always admired those special animals.

Anonymous said...

Jen,

We are actually distant kin. Your Grandmother and my Grandfather Hershel Hall were brother and sister, so I think that makes us 3rd cousins. (Like I said distant.) I have been following your blog. You have an amazing spirit and I keep you in my prayers. I think that you should continue your "bloggin". We all get caught up in our day to day lives and forget that there are others in this world that have been dealt a harder road than us. I think that you are an inspiration to others. I, for one, would love to here more about your progress. I live in Missouri with my husband and two daughters. I guess I should introduce myself to you. My name is Tracy Rhea. I will continue to remember you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Jen, I'm very glad you are keeping up the blog. As I drove past the hospital this week, I thought, "She's gone! I can't stop and visit her!" Then I thanked God for your continuing recovery, came home and logged in for a "virtual visit."
I've been reading Ram Dass on the recommendation of our "confined" daughter -- "Still Here" is his book, written after a stroke and rehab, not unlike some of what you're going through (and Mary Beth, in her ongoing rehab through the criminal justice system).
I'm correlating his philosophy of exchanging Ego for Awareness (God) in his Soul work. Too complicated to write, but it connects with Paul's ambivalence over doing what he knows he wants and doing what he doesn't want (Romans 7-8 for some of this). He concludes with "nothing can separate us from the love of God." And that goes for me, too. Be blessed!
Bill Matthews

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,
I'm so glad you're continuing the blog. I didn't get to write and tell you, but I wanted you to keep writing also! So cool about the dog. McKinley is sitting here with me and asking about you. She's very interested to see what you'll name the dog. She suggests Angel. So you'll have to let us know when you get it! That does sound so amazing about your legs. I think you should paint your toes bright red - go as bold as you can! Take care and have a wonderful weekend.
Love,
Kirsten

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,
So good to talk with you today. I love the new pictures added. Ryan does a great job! I vote for the french pedicure. It looked so good on that set of legs we saw in that room in OKC. Have a good weekend! Love ya, Shan

Anonymous said...

Good to hear.

Anonymous said...

Jen - So glad you are going to keep blogging...I didn't get my post to the other one up quick enough, although it is there now! I knew it would be unanimous to keep the blog. Now for your toe color...I like Kirsten's idea of going red for bold...or if you really can't decide you can do like my daughter and paint each one a different color, just to make a statement!!
Love,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

hey babe,

I think you should paint the toes black!!!!now thats hot.
I misssss you sooo much and can't wait to read your next post.
Love and prayers,
JIll

Marilyn and Randy said...

Hey Jen..looks like you will keep on Bloggin! That is great...hope you can go to Maize and speak to Michelle's class..sounds like a perfect start to your World Tour! :> Looking forward to another good week..and more neat things to talk about. Dad and I are so proud of you..Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Dear Jen, the last 2 attempts to publish on the bog failed for some reason, so trying again. I was trying to put in my vote for keeping the blog, so glad that is what you've decided to do. I am thrilled you'll get a service dog! I am a huge pet nut and think he/she will become your new best friend (after Nick of course.) I can't wait to see the official Fred and Ginger. Love to you from KC! cd

Anonymous said...

No vote on the color, but we are thinking a toe ring is a must! S&S

Anonymous said...

Jen,
You look so beautiful!! I heard about your blog from Jennifer Griffith. You are such a strong soul, and amazing person. Please continue your blog so we can continue to hear about your success. You are a true inspiration!! I will keep you in my prayers. Jennifer Juarez (Greening)

Anonymous said...

Jen and Nick,

It's been a long time since I've had the opportunity to write to you guys----lots going on with our families which I won't bore you with today. I just wanted you to know that I try to check your blog every day and you continue to inspire and amaze us all.
Loved the new pictures--you look so beautiful and happy! It is obvious that you have gone forward into the future bravely and unafraid. What a strong spirit you have!! Hope we can see you in person before long.
Please keep blogging---I shudder to think how many lives would go untouched by your courage and strength.

We love you,
Vicki and Randy

Anonymous said...

Jen -

I, too, am glad you are keeping up the blog. When given the opportunity to encourage someone I think we should always take it!! What a great companion your dog will be. We are dog lovers - probably have several too many! Question - does the News Feed on the blog page link to something? Looking forward to hearing of your progress. Do let us know how Nick is getting along as he impressed many of us with his blog contributions early on. Patty

Anonymous said...

Hi i'm a weekly visitor. just wanted to say that you have a cool blog so i'm glad you are going to hang with it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, I am your mother's Missouri cousin Becky. I first learned of your situation from my cousin Betty Weaver. I am always amazed at your wonderful positive outlook on life. I think of you and your family often. We will not know here on earth why "stuff" happens in our lives. We just need to rely on God's strength and the great people that He has placed into our lives. I would love to meet you someday. Your are a very courageous young lady. Tell your mom that her cousin Becky said "Hi". Please keep us updated on your progress.