Thursday

The Life of Fred and Ginger

Hi everyone!! I finally have an afternoon to "relax" and catch up on a few things (i.e. the blog). One major news story is that of my two new friends...Fred and Ginger. Being as though I am now an amputee, I have found that there is an area that needs to be tapped into and it's called HUMOR.

I no longer have prosthetics or legs, I am proudly walking with Fred and Ginger. Fred gets out of line from time to time but I pivot and Ginger takes control (the female of course).

As mom said, I have gone to the movie this week, had a wonderful haircut with a great friend, visited my nurses in ICU - great treat for all and...I am going to practice driving today. Nick and Dad were both a little slow to say they would help me, Ha. So, if you are reading this and live within 5 miles....this is your warning.

Because I am learning something everyday, I realize just how fortunate I am. I would not have the desire, motivation, want or curiosity for life without the love that my parents and family have shown me while growing up. I know this must be one of the most difficult things as a parent but just know that I will make you proud.

Nick is a bonus that god brought to me as well and for that I am grateful. Miss and love you all. Love, Jen.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the Fred and Ginger note, keeps me smiling just thinking about the man getting out of line.

Love you - Nancy Blackman

Anonymous said...

Great to see you back online. Sounds like you've had a busy week. Let's just hope that Fred doesn't act up while you are out there driving. Every time I read one of your posts, I am amazed at the things you are doing. Keep up the good work! Steph

Anonymous said...

I guess Abbott and Costello didn't work out because they were both boys? Scott

Cecile Brownlee said...

Well, I guess you won in talking Nick and your Dad into letting you drive. You have to let us know who your co-driver was. I hope they did not make you nervous. Surely it is not like riding with a teenager. Somehow as we get older speed behind the wheel is not near as exciting as when we were 16...Or maybe for some of us.
Jen, I am so glad that you lik your new haircut. There is nothing that makes a lady feel better than to have her hair look good.
As for having some sushi, Kim said just let her know and we will pick you up for lunch/dinner.
I will see you very soon.
Love,
Cecile

Anonymous said...

Jen-bo, You have left me speechless on several occasions and this is no exception. Every day I am eager to learn a new twist on what living is all about. You are a great teacher for all of us. What happened to Abbott and Costello? I do think Fred and Ginger will have lots of fun dancing. You make us all smile and we love it! Don't let your dad and Nick do much back seat driving! Love you, Judy

Anonymous said...

Dearest Jen and Nick,
We can't tell you how proud of you both we are--such an amazing journey you have traveled--embracing hope over despair, courage over failure, and love overall!!
Randy and I have been in the process of moving from Lufkin to Denton over the last few weeks, but not a day has gone by that you were not thought of and prayed for with positive energy.Whitney has kept us up to date on your progress for which we have been very grateful. (She and Erin have been my salvation throughout this move!) You have far exceeded everyone's expectations and dreams with your extraordinary courage and strength. What a remarkable team the two of you make!
Now that we are "almost" settled in, I hope it won't be long before we can all get together for a margarita or two!!
We love you, Jen, and we are so proud of you! You really are such an inspiration---we all need to learn from your courage and wisdom.
God bless you and we hope to see you soon.
Love,
Vicki and Randy

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen........Oh my gosh, I have missed so much of your progress that I can hardly stand it.

Just like Fred..men don't have much patience in the driving category so I sure hope you are safe. ha,ha.
We all have loved having your Mom home with us for a few days but I know she is anxious to get back to you.

See you soon...give Nick a kiss for me.

Love you
Margene

Anonymous said...

Jen,
Your indomitable spirit is a treasure for all of us to behold. It is the stuff that heroes are made from.
I love your humor and know that Fred and Ginger would be proud to know that they are accompaning you on your journey.
All of our prayers are being answered with the accomplishments you are making.
Look forward to seeing you this weekend.
Love,
Ann

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen- Love the post! It has been great catching up with you on the phone. As I told you - you are my idol. Keep amazing us all! I am counting the days until the trip to see you. Love, Shannon

diane hutson said...

Wowie zowie Miss Jen - What's this I hear about you driving? This takes me back to memories of teaching my daughter to drive. Tell Nick and Randy to have a good stiff drink before an outing..that seemed to calm my nerves pretty well. LOL!

I just have to tell you that this entire journey of your's has been nothing short of incredible. When you started to take control of things, the steps became leaps. I think the most awe-inspiring piece so far is your fabulous zest for life and ability to keep your sense of humor. As humans, Fred and Ginger were smooth as silk. As legs, they're bound to perform just as well...especially with you at the helm!

Keep on truckin' sweetie!

Luv,
Diane

Anonymous said...

HEY JEN...I LOVE THE FRED AND GINGER STORY AND MOST OF ALL I LOVE THAT JENNY SENSE OF HUMOR. JILL AND TONY ARE HERE AND SAID THEY HAD A GREAT VISIT WITH YOU. I'M JEALOUS, I THINK OF YOU SO OFTEN AND TALK ABOUT YOUR PROGRESS AND SPIRIT TO EVERYONE. KEEP WRITING I LOVE HEARING ABOUT YOU AND KEEP LAUGHING. YOUR GOING TO HAVE GREAT STORIES TO SHARE.
LOVE YOU JEN,
PAM

Anonymous said...

Mother Muffy checking in....as I do several times a day, I tell your story. We need to get it spread far and wide. It is a blessing so many people have supported you and Nick, wow, how wonderful the power of prayer and love. Now we need the power of prayer for your hands. I love you and will be down sooooooonnnnnn!!!!
gl

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, I loved spending time with you on Friday!!! Watching you walk was just so amazing, Tony and I were both sooo happy to see the determination that you have.. When you put your mind to something nothing will stand in your way. I only wish I had half of the strength that you have, you inspire me and everyone around you greatly.
I can't wait to see you again in a few weeks and keep eating those chilli cheese dogs from sonic and don't forget the tots!!!
With all my love and prayers,
Jill F

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny----Thinking of you this morning--and hope all is going well with Fred and Ginger---or F and G for short. So enjoyed seeing your Mom while she was here-we had a great little dinner--and she looked so pretty. How is the re-hab--you are doing so well!! Take care--love your blogs---kathy P

Anonymous said...

Mother Muffy checking in....how was the week end? Will see you soon. I am going to the office 5:30..really early for me. Making sure all our realtors have marketing material this morning and food. They read better when you feed them!!!!! Talk later if I am awake. Love to all MM

Anonymous said...

Haha, clever Jen!