Tuesday

Five More Days

I can't believe it has been 5 days since we last posted. The days just seem to melt away and before we know it we are all getting ready for bed. I know Jen and Nick plan to write again soon and that will happen when they can find a few minutes to sit down together.

We have learned that although Jen loves being home, it is very busy not having the support of nursing and other staff. We are doing well though, and she is so relieved to be around her own things and in her own place. Each day is consumed with getting ready and driving to rehab. The schedule varies but we need to plan on at least 4 hours to get this accomplished. She is enjoying the new staff and has been her path up to now, is doing more than expected of her.

Today, she had an appointment with her plastic surgeon at Medical City. He was very pleased with her progress and following this visit, she was able to connect with some of her other doctors as well as visit CICU, which had been her home for so long. She missed some of the staff she wanted to see, so hopes to return soon to "show off".

This weekend, she is looking forward to her Uncle Steve and her Grammy coming to visit, as well as our friend Bill Hess on Friday. Her Aunt RaeJean came today for a bit from Ft. Worth area..Randy's sister...and brought a great dinner.

We had a great weekend with Matt and Christy..loved celebrating her birthday and being with them. They both are so much fun and Jen loves having them with her.

On Sunday, Jen had a chance to go to a movie and dinner with her friend Steph, which was such a wonderful treat...she was tired but had a ball.

We have a lot to tackle as a family and lots of challenges ahead but we know we aren't alone. You are all so precious and so valued...priceless really. We continually thank God for the love and support and friendships. I have been told people read this blog that we have never met and whom have never met Jen but still pray for her. How amazing is that?

As I always say...we will try to do better about posting in a more "timely" fashion. We count on each and every one of you. Love, Marilyn.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marilyn,Jen and Fam....I can tell everyone is hard at work and your days are really full, so I really appreciate your posts and love hearing from you and the progress your making Jen. Keep up the good work and remember we love and continue to pray for you. Marilyn you are a wonderful and selfless Mother, I pray for your continued strength and for all of your family.
Love ya all,
Pam

Anonymous said...

Jen - Thanks for the laughs on our "date". I had a blast and it was so great to get you out and about. Your Dad was so cute sending you off and then waiting for you to get home. Get some rest and get that swimsuit ready for next weekend. Steph

Anonymous said...

That's awesome you got to get out and get some fresh air!! I love you big sis and I will see you soon. <3

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you!!! I am glad you are staying busy and working hard. I also think it is so great that you are getting out doing things. Can't wait to see you and stay strong.
Love and Miss you, Jill F