We have had quite a week.
Jenny has gone to outpatient rehab every day and has worked very hard. She has graduated to forearm crutches and is working dilegently at keeping her balance and walking more each day. Martha and Randy came on the 4th and today Martha and I took Jen to get her eyebrows waxed! It was so fun and she loved doing something normal for a change.
Wednesday night, Jen and Nick surprised Martha and I with tickets to the Clay Aiken concert and fireworks show in Frisco! It was so fun and really good..it had finally stopped raining for us to have a great night! The night before, we had a lovely evening at Cecile and Harry's with Ann and Walt. This was Jenny's first real "outing" since March and we had a wonderful meal and watched the fireworks from Cecile's backyard. We also got to meet Cecile's daughter which was fun as we had heard so much about her.
Matt is coming tonight and we are going to celebrate Christy's birtday tomorrow when she flies in from K.C. around noon.
Sorry it has been so long since we last wrote but the days fly by and time just gets away. We love to read what you all take the time to post and say so please hang in there with us...I will try to post again soon! Love to all, Marilyn.
Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I miss you all....gaylin
WOW...What a week you have had. I know you are so glad to get to get out of the house and get some fresh air.....Plus it is very good for you mentally. And to hear you did get to go to a store for a very short while Friday. Let me know when you want me to be your shopping director. I am a scatch shopper.
I enjoyed having you,Nick,Marilyn, Ann, Walt and Dean in my home for dinner on Tuesday night. You looked beautiful and your walking was unbelievable. It really brought tears to ours eyes to see how determined and strong willed you are to get yourself back to normal. I can sense that you will be crossing the finish line sooner than anyone would have imagined.
Nick and Jen, the two of you have been so incredible with the love that you share. I feel like I have been watching the sweetest love story ever written. I know that anyone that has been around you this past 15 weeks has learn something just watching the interaction between you two. I know your parents and families know what brought you together....LOVE,CARING,STRENGTH and DETERMINATION. As friends we have seen some degree of each of those anytime we have been around.
CHEERS TO BOTH OF YOU FOR A LONG LONG HAPPY MARRIAGE!!!
And cheers to all of Jen and Nick's friends and families that have been there for them every second of the way. We will all be better for being a part of Jen and her family's 15 week (and counting) experience.
Hope to see you on Saturday. Keep up the good work.
Love,
Cecile
PS: Remember you do walk faster than Harry!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Jen,
Sounds like you have had a full week and some fun too. So glad that you are doing so well Jenny, I am so proud of your courage and determination. I wish I had a fourth of your inner strength, you are my inspiration. Give your mom a hug!!!
Love you always,
Pam
hey Jen I am so glad you are doing so well!!!
I am is Austin visiting Tony's dad and will be leaving next weekend some time, I thought I would give you a call and stop by to say hi on our way threw Dallas... I will call you this week.
I miss you so much and can't wait to come spend time with you the weekend of the 27th...
Keep working hard and know that I am thinking of you every minute of the day.
Love and miss you and give Nick our Love to.
Talk soon, Jill F
Jen and all - Sounds like things are really progressing now. Hope you all have a good week. Patty
Hi Jen. Hope you and your Dad are doing well together this week while Moe is in Wichita. Talked to her Sunday night. Tell your Dad hi. I've always admired what a hands-on father he was when you 3 were growing up and I still do. Hope you're learning more tricks at rehab and getting stronger every day. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Love, cd
Hi Jen, You are speeding right through. I am so proud of you and so honored to have you as a friend. Keep up the amazing work! I can't wait to see you at the end of July. It will be a great time. Thinking about you each and every day. Love, Shannon
Love you mom! I know everyone appreciates your sacrifice and dedication to our favorite lady. Love you.
go jennifer!! I'm so happy for u!!! i think I've probably blabbed away to all my friends, haha!! Cheers, John
Jen - So good to read about the fun things you are getting to do.
We are continually amazed at how far you have come. We are so proud of you, and your accomplishments.
Love to all!!!
The Blackmans
GO JENN!!!
Post a Comment