Hey! This is Jen and it's 8:15 on Sunday night. We jut finished a wonderful lasagna dinner to celebrate mom's birthday. I spent yesterday cooking the lasagna (in my own little way) with a friend and her family and it was really fun.
Last night I had dinner at one of my favorite restaurants with some great friends of the family. She has cancer and is such an inspiration for me and has such a beautiful spirit. Take time for friendships, because they keep your soul happy.
I have had so much fun reading the comments on the blog and am so thrilled that I have inspired "strangers" to comment. Whenever I have a tough moment I read these comments and realize how lucky I really am.
I have a few more appointments this week and hope to make a decision very soon. Miss you all and looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend.
Love,
Jen
Sunday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Jen. You are an inspiration to your friends and family too. Your sense of humor has always been a good thing and I know you have relied on it to get you through some tough times. It sounds like you are doing great. I think you are probably able to out type me again. I guess it's time for you to come be my secretary and paralegal! Keep up your spirits and I can't wait to see you again. I'll call to schedule the interview. Take care, Brenda
Dear Jen, Nick, Marilyn, Randy and Family,
What a joy it is to sit down and read the blog posted by you ,Jen!!
My heart and soul are smiling as I attempt to put into words the unbelievable feeling I have of pride and happiness for you and your loved ones. We truly believe, Jen, that you should become an inspirational speaker for all of us, as well as others struggling through such pain and strife. Through your gift of words with humor, I see your infectious smile and feel your hope, strength, courage, and love of life!! A wonderful future is before you of unlimited power to bless and encourage others.We love you so much!
Randy and I are making a little head way as we settle in to a new town with new responsibilities. We are really enjoying being with our kids more and being a larger part of their lives. We are planning to get together with you all as soon as we can--
Happy Birthday, Marilyn--hope you had a good one. You deserve it!
Take care all and know that you are in our constant thoughts and always in our prayers.
Love,
Vicki and Randy
Here we go again, I did this once and it disappeared into "the Internet". I have great news! For all of you who are wondering what you can do to support Jen, I have an answer. It is not "the answer" and the family does not know that I am sending this nor have they given any suggestions - they all come from first hand time spent with Jen: If you knew Jen before her illness and spent time doing things with her, pick her up NOW and take her to do those same things (trust me, it will fill your heart to see her happiness). If you are remote and trying to figure out what you can do: Jen needs long and short portable ramps, the small house they currently rent has many steps in and out and is not fit for her current needs, 50 or so of the voice activacted electrical plugs from Dynamic-living.com ($20 or so each) to turn her whole home into a voice activated home, daily help so her sweet and dear mother can return to her home and work and her own medical needs, someone to program all of the voice activated devices she has already received, several laser hair removal treatments at a local place because she is shaving when she shouldn't (ladies you all get this), and a small stand alone freezer so she can store the meals she makes ahead of time for her family. Total wants include a baseball game with her hubby, a concert with her hubby (Beyonce, although it may have already passed), a facial, and a spa day. If we all do a little of this, we can make a huge difference in her future. If you contribute one of these items, please post it on this blog so all of the other bloggers know what is already handled. God bless.
Jen, It was great to talk to you yesterday. I can't wait to come see you, and spend a little time together. Tell your mom Happy Birthday for me! Sounds like you all had a wonderful evening. Also, tell your mom if she needs anything from home when I come that I'd be happy to bring it. I leave on the 1st. Love, Kirsten
Hi Jennifer and Hi also to your husband Nick and your Mom who also keeps everyone updated on your progress. I'm Shannon Wedge's mother-in-law and know you two are friends fron childhood.
When she first told me about your illness I remembered you from their wedding and then remembered her talking about being in your wedding too so felt like I knew you a little bit. I have been following along on your progress and praying that you can soon have a full life again.
You are an amazing person to get through all this with such a strong spirit and determination so I just wanted you to know I think of you so often and pray daily for you to have strength to get through each day. I hope to someday meet you.
I know Shannon always looks forward to coming to visit you.
God bless you and family and friends.
Nina Wedge (Ft. Wayne, In.)
Jen, can't wait to see you this weekend!!! I love the way people who don't even know you have been writing on this blog... How awesome you are!!!
I am sure while we are in Dallas this weekend we can think of some fun activities to do, just say what you would like and we will make it happen.. That is within reason I am not sure I could get Brad Pitt to come hang with us but you never know!!!
Love you and see you in a few days.
Jill F
Hi Jen,
It's Holly. I'm sorry that we've not caught up lately, but you are always on my mind. I love reading your updates. I am so proud of you!!! I can't wait to see you real soon and have some laughs. The,"make your belly and jaws hurt", kind. :-)
Luv U, Holly
Hi Jen! Counting the days until I will be in Dallas. I can't wait to see you walk to me. I have goosebumps just thinking about it. Keep up your hard work. I love you and can't wait to see you! Shannon
PS Happy birthday Marilyn!
Hi Jen, Gaylin finally had to walk me through the process on how to google you...I'm computer challenged:) I have had you in my prayers and thoughts since day one. I'm a sorority sister of your Mom's so was at your beautiful wedding. Your comments on your blog are such an inspiration to us all. I look forward to reading it every day. If you have a chance, could you have someone send me your physical street address...I'd like to send you a little something. My email address is lynnepenner@plazare.com
Jen, can't wait to see you. Really miss not being closer!!! Tell A & C that I will be coming to Dallas sooooonnn....We won't be cooking, but we could be mixing something up!!! I will bring the shampoo you like and if there is anything else...just let me know. Love to all.....MM
Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!
2007 mazda cx7 awd 1979 ford truck rotor installation county assembly rooms lincoln audi indiana marion audi hitch cover
Post a Comment