It has been an amazing couple of days. Yesterday Jen tried on some temporary prosthetics to begin the process of standing and then slowly walking again. But in a typical display of strength, courage and determination she began to walk on only her second day! She has amazed the rehab staff at Zale Lipshey with her excelerated improvement and continues to be an enormous insperation. It seems like every day I am in disbelief at how far she has come.
It was great to have her home on Sunday for what was the best fathers day one could ever imagine. Mum also flew home to Oz tonight. She has been a source of great help and support to us and we cant wait to come and visit next year. We love you very much.
Babe, you are truely incredible. Seeing you smile from ear to ear in the face of such a challenge is humbling. I am so proud of you and as we take this journey I find myself feeling something that I did not think possible, a feeling of falling deeper and deeper in love with you.
Love, Hubby.
Tuesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

23 comments:
Hi Jenny:
It is so terrific that you seem to be breaking all records at the rehab facility for making such amazing progress in such a short time! I am humbled by your strength, endurance and courage. I loved seeing the photo that your mom sent of you walking today. I am looking forward to seeing you soon.
Love,
Steve
Hey Jenny..am getting ready for bed and wanted to tell you how proud I was of you today! Wow..you really seemed to impress all of the staff at Zale with your courage and determination. It felt so good to walk behind you while you made your trip around the halls on your new legs..amazing! It was so good to see Walt and Ann today..and they missed your "performance" by minutes. Cecile was so kind to bring the new darling clothes..you are the best dressed in rehab! Now, we have to go to work on those shoes..:> I was so glad to be able to tell the fam about your accomplisments..you are unbelievable. I will see you in the morning..looking forward to another great day. Marie should be on her way to Australia by now and hopfully watching a good movie..Love you so much..Mom
Jen - we are headed out of town for two weeks - I'm bummed I haven't been able to see your new digs. Your progress is amazing (Marilyn - thanks for the pictures - Jen, you look awesome)!
We'll see you in July.
Cynthia
Hi Jen......Oh my gosh I can't believe you are walking. You are the most amazing person I have ever seen. I knew Zale would never be the same.........way to go girl.
I love you
Margene
Jen, It was so good to get to visit with you Tuesday evening. I feel like I have known you forever...just like you could be one of my daughters.
Randy and Marilyn should put a very large gold star next to your job as parents. You have 3 amazing children and Jen is off the charts with her determination,attitude,appreciation and the love that she has within her heart for everyone.
Nick, you are the best husband. So supportive and encouraging with your beautiful wife.
Jen, I cannot believe how far ahead of schedule you are. I know there will be many books written about your case and you may even be ask to be a speaker more and more. After all,you did say Tuesday afternoon went well with the Grad. Students. Good Going!!!
I look forward to seeing you in the next few days. Who knows by then you may be out in the hall.
I am so PROUD of YOU!!!!!!!!
Love,
Cecile
Oh my gosh! I don't check the blog for a couple of days and it feels like I missed a month based on the progress you've made in such a short amount of time! It is very apparent we need a new word since "amazing" just doesn't seem to get be sufficient to describe you Jen. I had a vendor in Monday from Dallas and told them you are at Zale. They said it is absolutely the best and you are very fortunate to be there. Your comments sure confirm that your experience there is excellent. Can't wait to see you June 30! Love to you, Moe and Ran. cd
WAY TO GO JEN!! The world is amazed, keep up the hard work. You are certainly one of a kind!
Love Nick
My Nick took the words right out of my mouth! Jen you are amazing! Keep it up! Love to you all! Paige
Jen - You are totally amazing, and I'm sure you are setting records at Zale with your progress. Not a dry eye here after reading Nick's latest message to you.
Keep up the good work.
Love and prayers -
Nancy
I knew it!!!! I said all along you would probably break some kind of record and I can see you are well on your way. I am so thrilled and wish I could have been there to see it happen. You are one amazing woman Jenny, I am a better person just knowing you and your family and being witness to all the incredible challenges you've had. You inspire me. Love you,
Pam
Jen,
Steph and I were going to come by at lunch time, but you'll probably be walking down to the Food Court:)
Keep up the great work!
Love,
The Grubenhoffs
Way to go Jen!!! I'll bet it felt absolutely wonderful to be up and mobile again. I can't wait to see you in action.
Diane
Hi Jen----I so loved seeing the pics your Mom sent me----WOW_-you look amazing---and beautiful! You should be so proud of yourself! As always---Love and a Hug--See you Wed. Love Kathy
Hi Jen----I so loved seeing the pics your Mom sent me----WOW_-you look amazing---and beautiful! You should be so proud of yourself! As always---Love and a Hug--See you Wed. Love Kathy
Jen---i was so excited I sent your message twice---HA---Kathy
Hi Jenny & Nick: you make such a great team! Congratulations Jenny on walking again! I know your determination will continue to inspire everyone you come in contact with. I'm anxious to hear more!
Take care - Love, Jill Dalrymple
PS - Hi Marilyn & Randy!
Jennifer,
You are the talk of the town. I was at my sons baseball game and was talking to Brianna, about you and how great you are doing, and I looked over and there was Judy. She told me you were walking and it just made my day. I see her quite a bit in the neighborhood, and she told me she had a nice visit a couple weeks ago, and that she is so proud of you. I know you hear it a lot, but you are an inspiration to all of us. E-mail me when you get a chance. Your fan Amy
Holy Cow!!!! That has to be some kind of record! I know you hear this all of the time - but you are amazing. Next time I read the blog, I hope to see some story about you scaling rock walls or running laps around the building!!
I'm so proud of you - keep up the fantastic work.
Patricia
Jen,Nick, family and friends
I am at home in Oz and feel as if I have been on an amazing journey from seeing Jen in ICU (full of tubes) and then walking three weeks later.
What an incredible people you are Jen and Nick, the Whipple family and all of your friends who have been an inspiration to me through your strength.
I loved spending time with you all and being part of an incredible journey which has many more future parts. I also appreciate and love every moment I can spend with Matthew .
Love and take Care
Marie
You are amazing Jen!!!!! I can't wait to see you walking myself, what a wonderful sight that will be.. Continue with your courage and strength and don't forget that God is with you threw every step....
I Love and miss you very much.
Jill F
Oh Jenny - That must have felt like a million bucks to walk. Think how much more improved it will be when you get your permanent prosthetics. That is so exciting. God is so good. Nick, I've never believed too much in the cloning thing but you may change my mind!! Great news to read. Patty
Awesome...
That is all I got to say.
Tony B
Post a Comment