We had a wonderful day..I am sure Jen and Nick will write tomorrow but wanted to say a few words. Randy and I met Nick at the hospital and were able to get Jen ready to travel by 1:30. Randy and I followed Jen and Nick and were met at their home by Marie and Matthew. Marie had prepared a wonderful meal and Matthew had helped her set the table.
We exchanged Father's Day gifts and Nick said a toast to Jen's first day home since March 23! It was lots or fun and at the same time tiring for Jenny. Nick and she left for the hospital around 6:30 so she would meet curfew (:>} and Marie, Randy and I sat and talked for a bit more before she leaves for Australia on Tuesday. Big Matthew had spent the weekend with Christy and her father's family in Arkansas but was meeting Jen at Zale around 7 P.M. before driving back to Abilene. All in all, the day was a wonderful one and one for which we are all so grateful to have had together.
We are thinking of all of you and hoping your day was also special. I will write again soon...this will be another big week and I will keep you up to date on the new developments. Love to all the Dads out there and all of the families who love them. Love, Marilyn.
Sunday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
What an exciting and wonderful Father's Day for the Griffin/Whipple family. I know that the trip must have been tiring for Jen, but good that she got to have a short field trip. Good Going Jen!!! You have progressed so much in the past 2 weeks. It is amazing where you get all your strength from. I know you have many friends that are here for you and have had more prayers than we can count, but the will, strength, determination and the big dream comes from inside your beautiful body and heart. Keep up the good work and there will be many rewards at the end. And all your cheerleaders will be at the finsih line cheering you on.
I miss not seeing you this weekend, but plan to see you very soon. I saw where Mother Muffy is coming in at the end of the week. Ann and I will have to get with your Mother and her for lunch one day.
Love to Jen and all of her family,
Cecile
Hi Jen---So very happy you were able to go home and enjoy a meal with your family--that was a very special day for you! Checking your blog every day--and thinking of you and amazed at your progress. You go girl---Love and a Hug---Kathy P.
Mother Muffy checking in.....what Cecile said, I couldn't have said it better myself!!! Can't wait to see you! Love to all, gaylin
Hi Jen...so glad you had a great week-end. I know how special it was for your Dad and Nick to have you home for a few hours.
Love you and miss you Jen...hope to see you soon.
Margene
Hi Sunshine-
What a great thrill for you to go home for a while.
For those of you that don't know, Jen is the best dressed Chic in Dallas. Paris Hilton would be jealous!! Always color co-ordinated and smiling. Keep up the good work Jen. You are my idol!
Walt
Jenny, What a wonderful day you and your family shared on Fathers Day. I'm so happy you had a some time at home. Let us know how things are going for you at Zale and know we love and think of you and your entire family daily.
Love ya,
Pam
HI Jen, It sounds like it was Father's Day, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, Christmas and everybody's birthday all rolled into one special time together. Didn't it feel wonderful to be home for a bit? Your are off to another week of great strides I'm sure. Give it your best and you'll be home for longer than just a few hours. Love you Jen-bo. Judy
Hi Moe Dawg! I am so happy to read about your wonderful day. Please tell everyone hi for me. I miss you so much and think about you and Jenny and your family every single day.
Love you!
Shelley
Wow, Jen, a road trip!! What a trooper! I bet that house was bursting at the seams with wall to wall smiles. Hope you're getting some much needed rest today after your trek. Couldn't live without the blog, and appreciate all your "secretaries" but I want to see you and give you a hug. It seems that may have to be postponed for a while (gaylin can fill you in when she visits)but know I'm sending lots of love and well wishes to everyone.
Way to go, Jen!
N-
Hi Jen, Sounds like you had a big day on fathers day...I am sure it was exciting and exhausting at the same time..
Just want you to know I think of you every minute of the day and hope you are feeling well. I always enjoy all the updates and can't wait for the next one on how things are going.
I love and miss you Jen, You are in my thoughts and prayers..Stay strong
Love, JillF
Hiya Jen - What a wonderful treat for you to get away from the hospital rooms for awhile and enjoy your much-missed home! That was surely some of the best spirit-boosting therapy you could have had.
As promised, I came to visit on Saturday but you were sleeping on your "bench bed" and I didn't want to disturb you. I hope you got the plant and balloon I dropped off. You've got an awesome little suite there!
Keep up the good work, sweetie, and I'll drop in again real soon.
Diane
Hey Jenny!! I can't imagine how good it felt to escape the hospital for a time and be home with all the family. How I wish I could have been there. Your Dad and I will be coming on Saturday early and will stay until Sunday afternoon. I get daily updates from your Mom and you sound like you are doing wonderful in rehab. I can't wait to see you. Say hi to everyone in Dallas and give my love to Nick. Marie I will miss you!! Have a safe trip back to Australia. Talk to you soon, Love, Mart
Jen you are doing awesome, I'm so proud of my sister. You and Nick are amazing people. See you really soon!
Hi Jen,
Made it back from my reunion and what a wonderful surprise to read that you were able to go home for Father's Day. I can only imagine how thrilling that must have been for you, Nick and Randy to be able to celebrate at home.
You continue to amaze everyone with your progress. Cecile said it best, it all comes from within your beautiful body and heart.
We want to see Marie before she leaves, so we'll see you sometime this afternoon.
Have a great day!
Love,
Ann
Hey Jenny Jen Jen,
Wow! I missed a lot last week huh? I'm so happy to read that you are doing so well at Zale and that you got to go home for a moment. Must have been a great day!
I've been swamped with work but I miss ya and I will see you tonight.
Love,
T'boz'
Uncle Randy checking up on things. Jen, I know how I always feel when we have been away from home for a while, and you make that turn into the driveway. Its always good to be home. I think you going home for Father's Day had to be one of the best gifts your dad has ever gotten. I just keep getting good news from Dallas and I am so proud of you for working so hard. I also need to give a shout out to Nick. Staying every night with you at the hospital, sometimes sleeping in a chair. I guess if you looked up good husband in the dictionary, there would be a picture of Nick. Jen, you got a good one there. We are sending Martha down to Dallas this weekend. I guess she will have the Duke riding shotgun. It doesnt get any better than that. Jen and Nick I think of you all the time. Keep up the good work. Love you Randy P.
Post a Comment