First I want to thank all of you who made my birthday such a special one! I received over 80 cards! The gifts, flowers, phone calls and visits made me remember how blessed I am. We crammed my whole family as well as several friends into my little room for a final party before I leave Medical City!
Speaking of that, the move date has been changed to tomorrow and I hope to be on the road by 10 a.m. Nick, Marie and Mom as well as Walt will be caravaning behind the ambulance as we make our way to Zale Lipshey Hospital. For those that don't know the address is:
Zale Lipshey Hospital
5252 Harry Hines Blvd
Rehab Center, 8th floor
Dallas, TX 75390
PH: 214 645 4890.
We have spent some of today packing and figuring out what to take to my new digs. I can't wait to see my new room and meet the staff and get on with my journey.
For now, I am saying goodbye to the wonderful people who have helped me get this far the past 3 months. It is hard to believe that I have been here since March 23..and all of you have been walking beside me for that long. How do you say thank you for that kind of support...just know that I KNOW how very lucky I am...and can't wait until the day will come when I can thank you all in person.
I will write again soon..hopfully with news of the "tricks" I am learning.
Love and many thanks again for making me feel so loved...Thanks for making me feel so special.
Jennifer
Sunday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
Oh Jenny I am sooo excited to hear that you will be moving to rehab on monday!!!!! I know that all of the doctors at the hospital will miss seeing your beautiful smile.. They all think you are something special.
I can't wait to come see you at your new place.. Sounds like you had a great b-day, I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you!!!
I love you and miss you sooo much...Keep up the good work and God bless everything you do..
Love, Jill F
Jenny, This beautiful day is finally here! I would think Medical City would declare it "Jenny Griffin Day". Move forward and embrace all that is ahead. You have a whole new hospital to charm! Love You, Judy
Jenny...What a great surprise, I know happy this makes you to be moving on to rehab and sooner than what you expected. Yea!!!! Sounds like your birthday was fabulous and you were surrounded by all the family as well as being surrounded by love from all of us out here thinking of you and praying for you everystep of the way. Once you get settled let us know how its going and what you are learning. We are here for you.
Love ya, Pam
Dear Jenny, this is the first time I have been able to look at the blog for a few days. What a wonderful surpise to know that in an hour or so, you'll be on your way to Zale. I am so happy for you to be able to make this move and start your next chapter. I hope to see you in a couple of weeks. Love, cd
Jen! I love your updates, it makes my day that much brighter. I'm glad to hear you had such a great birthday, it is good to have many caring and supportive people around to keep you on your journey! I can't wait to come visit you. I'm hoping to come down sometime next month. It will be before school starts for sure.
I'm happy that you are doing so great, I miss you and love you very much. Tell everyone I said hello and keep on truckin!
Love you- Sarah
Hi Jenny--It is 2:00--and I bet you are all settled in your new room--how exciting! Meeting all of the staff and learning your new tricks--will be so wonderful. 80 B-day cards--WOW---you are so loved! Thinking of you sweetie--Love--Kathy P
Jen, how exciting your day must have been! Movin on up and out!! Journey on!!! I was thrilled this morning when you called, I just can't wait on all the gagets that will come your way to make your life easier. Love you, going to dinner with Drew and he is here.
Love, Mother Muffy
Hi Sunshine-
Zale Lipshy will never be the same.You will have everyone in the rehab center smiling.REMEMBER - desire knows no bounds!
Walt
Hi Jen!! I hope all went smooth with the move and you are getting a good nights sleep in your new "suite". I hope you like Zale as much as we did on our tour. I am anxious to learn all about the staff and what a day in the life of rehab entails. I loved being with you on your birthday and getting to share you with so many friends and family. You looked wonderful and I liked the new hair cut. Can't wait to return!
Love you so much,
Mart xoxoxo
Hi Miss Jenny.....how is the new digs?? I bet Zale is delighted to have you around. The whole place will be brightened with your smile and wonderful attitude. Go slow with the older people and don't show them up too much.
I love you Jen. See ya real soon
Margene
Yea! I am so happy you moved. The next phase in your journey has begun. Your will and determination will amaze the staff there. We can have a slumber party at your new digs. (We will drive Nick crazy :) I miss you. Can't wait to come for another visit. The hard work is just beginning and I know you are up for the challenge. Stay strong. You are amazing! Shannon
Hey Jennifer! Sounds like you had a great birthday, and what a present getting to go to rehab even earlier! Hope you're settling in and the transition was a smooth one. Just wanted to say hi, and let you know I was thinking of you! I hope you have a great day.
Love, Kirsten
Jen-
I hope you are having a great week at your new place. It was so wonderful to share your birthday celebration with you and the family. Matt and I are going to try and post some pictures for you. Please take care and stay strong. You looked beautiful this weekend. Let me know if you need anything.
Love,
Christy
Mother Muffy checking in. I can't wait to hear about your new room. Hope you worked hard today to see what else the world holds for you. Hope you find the package and the rest of your mail from Medical City. My pkg was mailed Tuesday, so it went out Wed...and you are in another world in Texass, so I am not sure the pony express from Wichita knew where to find you'all. But maybe you can talk Walt into checking on mail there, I sure hope so. Sure wish I could have been there to sing to you in person instead of on the e-card I sent! Didn't that remind you of me??? LOL!!! Love and Hugs to you, can't wait to see you again, soon!!! gaylin
Hi Jenny! Congratulations on your move to Zale. I read your blog updates to Mimi over the phone tonight and we're both excited to hear about your new place and the people you'll be meeting. Take care - Love, Jill Dalrymple
Sunshine -
What an amazing person you are.I have never seen anyone so strong and yet so dainty.
YOU GO GIRL!!
Walt
Post a Comment