Tuesday

New Address

Hey all..I am writing without Jen and Nick..I am sure they will write again soon..but I wanted to take the opportunity to send an update.

Jen had a busy day..met her therapists..and spent several different sessions in rehab. She was so tired when we got back around 5 but..felt good overall and was excited to be spending her days doing something positive.

She looked so good and healthy in the workout clothes Walt had gotten for her..and was proud of the strength she had displayed today.

Marie and I actually spent the afternoon having a massage...it was heaven..and we felt renewed! Jen couldn't wait to hear all about our adventure and laughed with us when we told her about another lost experience we had trying once again to find Target!

Nick was encouraged when he spoke with the rehab. Doc today..and is hopeful that prothesis fittings will be "sooner rather than later".

All for now..I am constantly amazed at the strength Jen continues to show us every single day..even if she is my daughter, I have to say how proud I am to have her in my life and how grateful I am to have all of you helping us...I promise you that you will probably never know how much you have helped and how thankful we all are.

Sleep well...and keep talking to her..it is so appreciated. Love, Marilyn.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

All settled in? I hope the move went well. How's the view?

Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Jen - So glad you are in the rehab facility. It will be interesting to see all the different things you will learn to regain your independence. I continue to pray for your recovery and restoration. You are exciting!! Patty

Windy said...

Jen - great to hear that you move went well. Can not wait to see your new digs. Stay strong and we will continue praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, Well you are settled in and sounds like hard at work. I am so anxious to hear more from you and learn about your daily schedule. Keep up the good work, stay strong and focused and know we are with you in thought and prayer as you make this journey. Give your Mom a hug and I'm glad she got a massage, I know that was wonderful for her and Marie. Take Care sweetie,
Love ya,
Pam

Cecile Brownlee said...

Hello Jen,
Well, I made it back from The Bahamas and had a great time. I am so anxious to see your new suite. I hear they are keeping you very busy, which is good in that the day does not drag and you feel like you are going forward. I know that you will be the most Positive Patient that your therapist has ever worked with. Your smile is so contagious....I love it!

Marilyn and Marie,
I am so excited that you got your massages yesterday (so did I) and I know that you must have felt very rejunevated. Can't wait to hear about your trip to Target. Ann and I are looking forward to having lunch with both of you today at Bent Tree. Marie, I know you will love the chicken fried steak. I can't believe it is almost time for you to go back to Australia. We are all going to miss you.

Jen,
Ann and I will be down to see you later this afternoon when you are finished with your rehab. I hope you have been able to get someone to rub you with some of your new lotion.

See you soon.
Love,
Cecile

CFGrandma said...

Jennifer, We read this blog daily to keep up with your 'story'. We are so proud of your strength and attitude. You pass it around like a smile! You help others look for the good and happy things in life and to appreciate them as we should. Phil and I will be coming to Dallas the 17th to pick up our motor home which is being repaired down there. I do hope we will be able to visit you. God Bless. Margaret and Phil Walker

Anonymous said...

Jen,
Just checking in. Wow! How exciting to have you already so strong. You are going to teach us so very much. You have made me slow down and smell the rain...because there are no roses here...just rain! LOL I will see you soon! Love you lots. Moe, thanks for the update as we check several times a day to hear the progress. We are so there in spirit if not in person. Love you all. Gaylin

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen ~
So glad to hear you like rehab. I knew you were ready to really start working. Keep it up! So glad your mom and Marie got massages. Keep pampering yourselves! Marie - have a safe trip home since I won't see you again. I will keep in touch! Love to everyone! Talk to you soon! Shannon

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,
It sounds like you are really going to like Zale. I have heard many good things about it!! I am truly amazed at your strength and courage throughout this journey and you really are an inspiration to all. Stay strong and keep smiling:) Love, Whitney

Anonymous said...

Jen I hope you feel better and I wish to see you soon!!!
love clair fortner

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, Sounds like everything is going pretty good so far... I am sure you are ready to learn a lot of new tricks!!!! Keep on inspiring everyone with your unbelievable strength.
Love and Miss you, Jill F