Thursday

Another Good Day

I am writing this at Jen and Nick's house...I returned round 7 to find myself locked out and Nick was working late so couldn't bail me out for a couple of hours. I told myself that although I was looking forward to changing clothes and relaxing after a long day at the hospital...this was a minor inconvience in the scheme of things. I went to the grocery store, bought some take out and OFF spray to combate the mosquitoes and setteled in on the deck.

What we have been through, and most importantly what Jenny has been through, sure makes you take stock in what matters in life. Since she has been off of the vent, I have yet to walk into her room and not recieve a smile and a Hi Mom! I don't know how she does what she does every day but those of you that have walked with us, understand. It is amazing...Walt came today and brought some wonderful bar-b-que for lunch.

This is a man, who before March 23 had never known Jennifer or our family and yet he makes the effort to come and be present every single day. He is truly an angle walking among us and I look forward to the day that all of you who have been on this journey can meet him. He will say..Jen, I will go..you need some private time and she will say..No Walt..I want you with me. In the midst of all of this pain and sadness, we meet a truly special man. This is not to mention his wonderful wife Ann and her dear friend and ours, Cecile.

They will come to Wichita one day and you will see..I miss all of you at home who are always there and who make every day OK..somehow, we keep moving forward and it is only because of Jenny and her spirit and YOU all and your loyalty. Thank you over and over again...I am sure Jen will write again soon with some new accomplishment..look for the latest update! We love you...Marilyn

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marilyn sounds like you had a long day!!! I am also amazed at the constant smile that Jen has..She is so special and has so many wonderful people around her.. Plus a loving husband who alway has such endearing words to say about his beautiful wife..
I am sooo glad that Walt came into Jens life.. He is such a giving man and has been such a support to Jennifer.. He is one of the most awesome men I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, Don't let that go to your head Walt!!! hahahahah
And he has a beautiful wife that is so thoughtful..I hope I get to see them again soon. I have yet to meet Cecile but sounds like she is also great and so kind.
It was so great to hear your voice the other day Jen... You really made my day and can't wait to see you again really soon.
Keep strong and I am always praying for you and your family.
Love, Jill F

Martha said...

Moe, You hit the nail on the head. Walt is such a great person and one that you always want on your side!! The devotion he has shown is wonderful. Jen I can't wait to see you tomorrow!! The fact that you are upright and moving is unbelieveable to me!! Look forward to giving you a big smooch! The Muffies got together at Judys last night for dinner. We had many things to toast..you and Moe were first on the list. We also celebrated Mitchs retirement, Keiths return, Bills 60th, our 30th wedding anniv., Judys new home, and Mother Muffys birthday. Whew!! Sneakers and Ruby slept through it all. Have a good day and will see you tomorrow around noon. Love you so much, Mart

Anonymous said...

Jen-
Mom sent me the pictures of you walking, You look great!! Heard the shoes were not up to "Muffy" standards, dont worry, they can always add some sparkles. :)
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Jen and Marilyn,
Wow, what a lovely tribute to Walt.I've always known what a wonderful person he is and he is such a loyal friend, one that you always want in your corner when things are tough.
I've said this before, the Griffins and the Whipples are some of the most genuine people I've ever met. You are so grounded and the love that you show for one another is so inspirational, what true family is really all about. You make people feel like they have known you all their lives.
It's no surprise that Jen has progressed beyond all expectations from the doctors. Top that with the amazing man she has married whose sensitivity runs so deep, he thinks of eveything to keep ahead of Jen and her needs. Marie, you should pat yourself on your back, you've done an amazing job!
Your friends who contine to support you with their phone calls, visits, comments on the blog are payment back for all the love you all have shown over the years.
Friends are a present we give ourselves and your circle keeps getting bigger.
Look forward to seeing MM and Martha this weekend, and Randy, you too!
Love,
Ann

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey Jen and Marilyn,
I am just astonished by Jen's progress and I know she has and will touch so many people with her accomplishments. My family continues to pray for all of you everyday and all of my friends ask about Jen. Jen, your courage and strength has definitely inspired me and many other people that you have never even met. I cannot tell you how happy I am to hear of all your amazing progress...
It sounds like Walt is a pretty wonderful person. Isn't it amazing how God allows such special people to enter our lives just at all the right times?!!!!Jen, you are in my constant thoughts and prayers and I hope to see you really soon. Mom and Dad will be moving to Denton in a few weeks and hopefully we will all be able to come see you guys really soon!
Love, Whitney