Tuesday

Zale Lipshey

As Jen begins to improve in every area we are eagerly awaiting her move to a rehab facility. Her grafts are healing as they should and her health is getting stronger each day. Her spirits remain incredible with the ongoing support of family and friends.

Today we visited Zale Lipshey Rehab Hospital which is part of UT Southwestern. It was an extremely impressive facility in many ways. Very new, small and personable with a great staff. We felt a real sense of comfort and believe Jen would have a wonderful stay. Hopefully she will be beginning her rehab here in about 10 days.

This is some what of a frustrating time for Jen, being in the same bed and room for almost 11 weeks now. She is ready to move on and start learning the things that will help her to regain her independance again. There will be lots of frustration, tears and satisfaction in the coming weeks and we hope that all of you will share in the process at Zale. The visiting times are very liberal.
Babe we are almost beginning the next phase in this amazing journey, what you have achieved so far has been nothing short of a miracle. If it is at all possible I love you more and more as each day passes, you have shown me more courage than I ever thought possible.

I love you Hottie Biscotti,
Hubby

13 comments:

Cecile Brownlee said...

Jen and family,
I know that all of you have put incredible time into selecting the BEST rehab for Jen, so that she can begin the next step to her recovery. I am so happy that Jen will be in Dallas so that all of her friends can help her wonderful family out with Jen's rehab. Jen, you have so many friends standing inline to help that we could cause a traffic jam on the North Dallas Tollway getting to Zale Lipshy.
I enjoyed seeing you on Monday and was so amazed at how well you are doing. You room was so full of love it was almost electrifying. And Lil' Matt is so charming....such a sweet boy. Just like his Dad.
Ann and I will see you very soon and until then keep up the good work.
Love,
Cecile

Marie said...

Jen
Zale Lipsky looks good to me. With your determination and attitude you would make each day a better day regardless of which rehab facility you attend. In the last few weeks I have seen you go from being full of tubes to being free of most tubes. I cannot imagine what you will go through in the next few weeks but I know you will give it you best shot.
Love
Marie

Anonymous said...

Jen,
So happy that the decision to rehab will be in Dallas. You have touched so many lives and I know that everyone will be ready to help you through the next phase of your recovery.
Your strength and courage have been nothing short of miraculous. You amaze me every time I visit you with your inner peace.
Cecile, Walt and I are ready to travel this road with you and Nick and your family.
I can't believe that we just met your family two months ago and I feel as if we have been friends forever.
Nick, Marilyn, Randy, Martha & Marie.
I know the weight of making a decision for Jen's rehab was a hard one, but the word comfortable
was a key word in your morning blog. When it's right, it feels comfortable.
We'll see you later this week, and Marilyn, if you decide to go home for a couple of days Cecile and I would love to spend the day with Jen and Marie until Randy comes in. Jen is a joy to be around, actually all of you are.
Love,
Ann

Anonymous said...

Jen,
You are making such incredible strides while still in CICU, we can't wait to see what you can do once you're in the rehab facility. The next few months will be very exciting, emotional, and draining I'm sure. Don't forget, we're all there with you!
Love, Nick H.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
It must be nice to have a little change in scenery. I know you have a rough road ahead, but you can't quit now, because you have so many fans watching your every move:)
I have been thinking of you so much the last few weeks. I spent the weekend with Wendy and Eric, and they have been keeping up with your progress, almost daily. We all are rooting for you. We know that if anyone can come through this with great success, it will be you. Your positive attitude has set a wonderful example for the rest of us. I know it has changed my way of thinking. I told my sister, that if she hears me complaining about dumb crap, just to tell me to shut-up! I know I said it before, but you have the greatest family, friends, and husband.
I will keep you in my prayers.
Love Amy

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen Ben - Counting down the days until I am in Dallas to see you again. Can't wait. We will have a fun party to celebrate your birthday. Jill and I will be there Friday. The rehab center sounds great. Martha told me about it yesterday. It will be a long journey but if anyone can do it I know it is you! Your strength and courage are amazing. Counting down the hours until I get to talk to you again. Love ya! Shannon

Anonymous said...

To Jen,

You are amazing. I just read your From Me to You blog. I am so happy for you sweetie that things are going well and looks like you will be in rehab soon. I will be there for you.

I just came back from a Memorial weekend with my brother and sister-n-law and 'the brats'.:) I will swing by the hospital this week and hopefully get a chance to talk to you about everything that I've missed in the last week.

Miss you and see you soon.

Love,
T 'boz'

Anonymous said...

HI Jen-bo, Wow! You will have a new environment soon. It sounds perfect for you. Just wait until Zale Lipshy sees what you are going to do for them! Everyone there will be charmed by you and fascinated with your courage and determination, not to mention your kindness and overall beauty. I am looking forward to seeing you next week. Love, Judy

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen! It's Aubrey, Jennifer Moreno's daughter. I was just commenting to tell you that i really hope you recover soon. Please know that we pray for you ALL the time and for your family! We will come up to visit soon! Love ya!

Love,
AuBr3y

Anonymous said...

Jenny and Family, A note to say hello to all of you and so happy you know where you are going to start re-hab.I can just imagine how anxious you are to start learning new things--and to be able to move forward. Keep the faith--Love and prayers always--Love to all--Kathy P.

Anonymous said...

That is great news Jen. It was so good to see you the other night. We found out that the kids love to play at the hospital late at night. I'm sure Medical City will never be the same and that the guards are on alert to turn us away if we return. I promise, I'll be back to chat soon (alone!). P.S. Jenny now thinks your my sister and keeps asking about you. Steph

Anonymous said...

Jen, Can't wait to see you this weekend for our big celebration!!!!! Well maybe we will just chat for a while in between you napping.....
Much deserved napping that is!! I am getting ready to look at some old high school pics. That should be interesting..... I will bring them with me.
Love you, Jill F

Anonymous said...

Hottie Biscotti! Woooo! I'll be calling your new room tonight and see you on your birthday! ;)