Thursday

Thursday Morning

Jenny just returned from having her bandages changed for the first time since surgery. This was considred another surgical procedure but the great news is...she didn't have to be placed back on the ventilator and the doctor reported that all was looking good. He will need to perform this again at least 2 more times next week as she begins to heal.

Dallas had horrible storms last night so Randy and I just stayed put at the Residence Inn and actually went to bed by 11..Nick stayed with Jen and reported that they had a great conversation and were making lots of plans for the years ahead.

Gaylin and her sister Bebe were here for a couple of days and Gaylin gave Jen a massage..which was such a hit Jen made her promise to come back soon for another!

We continue to be overwhelmed with the love and support that have come our way. As I said before one of the doctor's told me that she is in the fight of her life and will need an army to help her win. You, our dear friends and family, are just that. I am always shedding tears when I read the wonderful words of love and encouragement or receive the cards and gifts that have come. My dear freind Connie, (whom many of you know has been with me since we were 13) sent me a laptop so that I could be in touch more often...I am just getting it all hooked up but how nice not to have to wait in line for the computer at the hotel. I will now hopfully be better about keeping everyone updated.

We are looing at at least 3 more weeks in ICU before they will consider moving her to rehab. but..her eyes sparkle now and she can talk to us which is so wonderful. Today the nurse is going to try and put her in a regular nightgown...what a great boost from the hospital one she has been wearing for 6 weeks!

We are continually told she is a miracle..and I KNOW that she is still able to fight like she is becasue of all of the prayers...combined with her own spirit. Please continure to remember her on your prayer lists...as we do you.

Love, Marilyn

PS..she has loved hearing about some of her high school friends writing and sending wishes...can't wait until I can print everything off and she can sit and read them herself..how good that will make her feel.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL TO READ EACH DAYS PROGRESS

BTW, after reading the latest on the blog, I did some research. Here are a few natural ways to increase oxygen flow and aid tissue healing:
*CoQ10 / CoEnzyme Q10(sublingual pharmaceutical grade)
*DMAE(sublingual)
*Silica Gel
*Arnica (gel and/or tablets)

See you soon for your next massage.
Zuley

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny and Family---So glad you are making so much progress-and know how you enjoyed seeing Gaylin and Bebe. Judy A.K.A. the Hesswoman and Margene should be there tonight--Our love and prayers are with you always--dear ones--Love you--Tom and Kathy

diane hutson said...

Hi Jen...It's just little ol' me checking in on you again -- just like I do many times each day. Your mom and hubby are doing the most fantastic job of keeping everyone updated on you and I applaud them for this! Keep fighting, sweetie! Peace, my friend...Diane

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you Jenny!!!! What a strong and beautiful women you are..Sounds like you are having a great time with all of your visitors. You have so many wonderful people who love you. Keep up the good work.
With all my love and prayers, Jill F
P.S Marilyn and Randy,
What wonderful parents you are!!!!
You Rock!!!!

Anonymous said...

Marilyn and Randy - As a watcher of weather I was attentive to the news about the terrible weather you have had in Dallas and was glad for the sunshine of your daughter's smile. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with all of you. Patty

Anonymous said...

Randy & Marilyn,
I have asked many of my co-workers to pray for you and your wonderful family. So from Hendrick Medical Center in Abilene there are prayer warriors enlisted in Jenn's army in the following departments - Nutrition/Housekeeping/Chaplin Services/Volunteer Services/Guest Services/Administration/Accounting/Business Office/ and list goes on. I know Jenn's smile is surely an answer to your prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,

I admire you so much for your bravery and strength through all of this. Great news about the bandage change! Keep smiling sweetie. You are in my thoughts always.

Love,
T'boz'

Martha said...

Hi Miss jennifer...I hope you had a good day today. Fridays always seem to be a busy time for visitors. I just got my nightly update from sweet Nick. I look forward to that text every night as well as the one first thing in the morning. I can't wait to see you again..I have to work with my boss next week for two days. It is my pay review time, so I am somewhat looking forward to the visit. I plan on coming back to the big D next weekend and spend several days into the next week. Hopefully by then we will be able to share a snickers and a cherry limeaide! Hang tough Jen, Love you so much!! Mart