It has been a great 48 hours. Not only has Jen been taken off the ventilator but her time on the oxygen mask has also been reduced to night time only. This will give her a chance to talk to all the visitors she has been getting and also strengthen her voice. Her doctors have said that her kidneys are back to 100% which is also great news.
She is really showing great determination. She was arguing with her nurse on how to improve her CO2 levels which was funny to see. We finally got watch our movie which made her laugh. Reading the blog has also made her very happy so thanks to everyone for the wonderful comments. She also had a chance yesterday to taste sprite, the smile on her face was priceless as she was given a spoonful.
We don't yet have an idea of when Jen will be out of ICU and obviously they are leaning on the conservative side but she is ready to move on and get set for rehab.
Babe, I cant begin to tell you how good it is to hear your voice again and to kiss those beautiful lips. Just seeing you smile gives me a sense of comfort and tells me everything is going to be alright.
Love Hubby.
Wednesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Jen, JWhip, sunshine, hottie biscotti, friend, YOU ARE AMAZING and an absolute inspiration!
Zuley
Ahhh. Zuley for "Whipit". Excellent news! Keep fighting. You are amazing. Steph and Scott
What wonderful news!! Can't wait to see you and especially see that beautiful smile again! Randy and I hope to be there on May 13th. We are anxious to see all the progress you've made!
To Randy and Marilyn,
Hope we can also get together with you guys. We will be at Whitney's on Friday, May 11th and leaving on Sunday, May 13th--but not before we get to "interact" with your courageous, beautiful, strong daughter and her wonderful husband.
We love you,
Vicki and Randy
Marilyn, Randy and Jennifer,
Glad to hear that Jennifer is doing better! She sounds like a real fighter!!! I'm praying for you all! I pray for God to hold you and comfort you and give you the strength for each day! Like only he can.
love you all
audrey schon(white)
Jen, Glad to hear your voice is back and we no longer have to try to lip read! You do have beautiful lips, but I must say I sure got frustrated staring at them while you were trying to tell me something! I really miss seeing you and everyone else that we have met while in Dallas. Keep the fight on Jennifer..you humble me with your strength. Now the voice is back, maybe we can slip a cell phone in that room of yours?? Just joking of course..he he. Love to you and Nick, Mart
Hi Jen, We have all prayed for this day for you. It is wonderful to wake up and learn about what great thing you have done the day before. I'll be there tomorrow so we can talk and talk (you know I'm good at that!). I'm bringing so many hugs from our family with me that I don't think they will all fit into your room. I might have to make two trips! See you tomorrow! Love, Judy
Jen, Nick,Marilyn, Randy and the rest of the Whipples,
Oh, what great news I just read on the blog!!!!!!!!!! Jen, I am sure that you can teach your nurse a thing or two about CO2....I know that you are ready for the mask to be thrown away, but don't rush it. We all want you to get well and I know that Nick and the rest of your family will be ready to embrace you in their arms out of ICU.
Ann and I were so excited to get to meet your family's friends, Mother Muffy and Bebe. What fun all of you must have when you get together. She told us all obout the trip to the lake last summer....You made Mother Muffy's day when you did the "Dollar Dance". Hopefully we will get to meet your Mother's friends that are arriving in Dallas on Thursday. You are so fortunate to have so many friends that have been praying for you and all of us at Bent Tree are so happy to hear that you have made great improvement this week.
Hopefully Ann and I can see you very soon!
Martha, we have missed seeing you this week....Probably not as much as you have missed being hear with your sweet and beautiful Jen. Hurry back!
Continue your progress and be sure and keep your nurses in line.
Love,
Cecile
Jen, It sounds like you are making great strides in the right direction!!!! I am so thankful and happy to hear that. I am glad you got to finally have something yummy to drink!! Keep fighting and my love is with you always.. I hope to get to see you next weekend and see your beautiful smile and give you a big hug... Love and prayers to you and all of your family..
PS Great Husband!!!!!!!
Jill F
Jen...You are the comeback kid. You are AMAZING. Your family is pretty amazing too. Your Mom and Dad, Nick and Martha, Matt and Ryan are a true testament to what a family is all about. Keep fighting Jenny everday is going to bring more healing. You are in our prayers and thoughts. Your courage and determination has been an inspiration to all of us.
We love you,
Pam
OK I am new at this and I think I may have sent you like 5 messages today. You must be pretty special seeing as I have never "blogged" before you became ill. I am so glad to hear of your progress. I think of you often, and it is so nice to be able to come here and check on you whenever I feel like it. I am sure you are well aware of the fact that you have some great friends and family, your husband seems like and angel, I can't wait to meet him. We must have a huge celebration when you get back to your old self. Maybe next time your in Wichita we can drive around telling people they have a flat tire. We were so cool NOT! We had way too much fun in those days. Keep on fighting, It sounds like your are on your way to well. We are all think of you. Amy
Jennifer,
This is Sandy Nitcher, your high school English teacher from long, long ago. I want you to know that I'm thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. I'm so glad to hear the people around you are able to see you flash that gorgeous smile of yours. My two strongest memories of you are your beautiful smile and your wonderful laugh. It's impossible to remember all the students I've had in the last 19 years, but you are one of the very special ones. Take comfort and strength in your friends, family and your husband. From reading his postings on this blog, he sounds like an amazing man.
Post a Comment