The doctors have decided to remove Jen from the ventilator. "Her lungs are the best they have looked so far" Dr. Shulkin has said. Although she has been removed from the "tube" she still needs an oxygen mask to keep her lungs inflated to insure that they don't collapse. This will go on for a few days until they are confident she is strong enough without it. Her physical therapy is going well and she loves to do it, which apparently is highly unusual. This enthusiasm is a reflection of Jens great strength and determination.
During her breathing treatment today she had her oxygen mask off for 10 Mins and it was great to hear her talk with some projection in her voice. It was also wonderful to give her a proper kiss for the first time in 6 weeks.
Jen, we are getting there babe. With the courage you have shown so far and the style in which you have done it we will no doubt be stronger from this experience. We have a long life ahead of us with lots to look forward to so I cant wait to get started again.
Love Hubby.
PS. Jen for the first time today started to read the Blog. She smiled from ear to ear as she read a few postings and it will surely help in the recovery process. So thanks to everyone who has contributed and who will continue to contribute during the long road ahead.
Monday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

27 comments:
Way to go Jen! You and Nick can do this. It seems the two of you can do anything together. We are so happy to hear yet another piece of good news in your road to recovery. You are an inspiration to us all. Steph and Scott
Jen, I am so happy that you are doing so well off the vent!!!! I can't tell you how much I admire you for your strength and courage.. You are one of a kind.
I know that someday soon you will be a great inspiration to a great deal of people, I mean people that don't know you already. You have such a wonderful family and I am sure they feel so lucky to have such a wonderful,Daughter,Sister,Niece and Wife!!!!!
Love with hugs, kisses and lots of prayers.
Jill and Tony F
Jen, you inspired me to poetry, such as it is. But it expresses the commonality of suffering in the world along with the healing power of "the Lamb." The faith dimension pulls us out of our selves to recognize greater truths. Your courage roots in the depths of your loving creation. Blessings, Bill M
When disaster strikes, we don’t know where to turn.
Cataclysmic hours cast unfair consequences we didn’t earn.
Life-changing illness, imprisonment, destructive housing burn,
Force us to face strong lessons we didn’t choose to learn.
War, political defeat, sports losses, each emotionally attack us,
Virulent disease, loss of loved one, finances, other reverses rack us
Life seems like a cosmic billiard table, where fate’s pockets force to back us,
Regardless of the shots we bank, circumstance threatens to crack us.
We posit a system of life laws tragedy contradicts, they’re broken.
We search in the shadows for meaning, for words that Truth has spoken.
Trying to isolate an enemy, we conjure up devils no jokin’
With our imagined reality, relatives which we claim not, no kin.
Where is the ultimate answer? What remedy will finally cure?
They all seem inadequate, their power unreal, obscure
Yet our scriptures constantly remind us that the faithful will endure
And justice and peace reward those whose lives are patient and pure.
Eternal verities were revealed, that began with the great “I Am.”
And across the ages, the strength of God prevails, fulfilling mysterious, divine plan.
Not always to avoid, but by promise and fulfillment, to sustain beyond pain
To bring us ultimately before the throne of the shepherd, who once and ever is the Lamb.
Great update - You keep speaking up, Jen. This love project is inspiring. Patty
Hi Jen, Nick, family and friends - I found out about the blog on Friday and have been so amazed and inspired by the postings - so full of love and inspiration. So glad to hear that the tube came out today. Dr. Shulkin is wonderful - we went to Israel with his parents many years ago - he'll take good care of Jen (as he did with my father-in-law). Jen - your smile is what makes the world go round - that is the first thing I think about when I think of you. Although I haven't met Nick, I know he is as amazing as you are - his words and thoughts are so warm and heartfelt. My prayers are with you for your strength and happiness and I have put you on countless prayer lists on several different religions (you never know...). Anyway, my special thanks to you and your wonderful spirit. CL
Way to go Jen!!! I'm so glad that you're getting your strength back -you are Wonder Woman!!!!
Patricia
Yippee! I know that no one is happier about the vent coming out than you, sweetie. My daughter, Lisa, asks about you daily and when she read Nick's post today tears of joy were running down her cheeks. She especially liked that you got a "proper kiss" :D
You've got a support system that only angels deserve... and you deserve it! Peace, my friend...Diane
Hey Jen! Ya! You're doing so good. I just had to write you when I read that you were reading the blog now. You haven't heard from me this much in 10 years! You're doing awesome. I'm just so sorry it's taken this terrible illness for me to keep in touch. Every time I open the blog and see your beautiful picture, all of these memories come flooding back.
Keep up your courage, and belief. I'm praying you continue to get stronger every day!
Love, Kirsten
Dearest Jennifer,
I only found out about this blog last Thursday so please excuse my delayed comment. I am so happy that you are growing stronger every day! I miss talking to you so much, b/w our NYC trip and all the UNA events we were talking almost every day. I hope to visit with you soon.
With Love, Latha
Jen,
This is Brian Parker. Remember me? I'm writing you all the way from Los Angeles. I know we haven't spoken or probably seen each other since we were seniors in high school, but I wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and you are in my prayers. After reading some of your blog I have to say that I think you have a wonderful husband, and many amazing friends who care about you. I'm one of them too. Please take care, and I will continue to pray for your recovery.
Brian Parker
Hi Jenny--Yea--you are off the vent--and know that is such a relief to be able to talk--such good news. It will take you a long time to read the blog--so many people praying for you and checking on you several times a day. Keep fighting sweetie--Lots of love.Kathy P.
Hi Jen,
I understand you did the "dollar dance" for Mother Muffy....you go girl! Those other wannabe's have a long way to go to keep up with you.
Judy and I will be there Thursday and we can hardly wait. Keep up the good work honey, you have alot of people pulling for you.
I love you Jen. Give Nick a kiss for me.
Margene
Gee, Jen, if we had only known all it took was a visit from Mother Muff to get you going we would have sent her long before now:) We're all so proud of you! Keep up the good work, I hope to see you soon.
love,
N-
What wonderful news! Each day I read this blog I am filled with hope and joy for this exceptional family. Jenn you are a remarkable young woman, and your struggle surely helps all of us to put our mundane challanges in proper perspective. Nick, Randy, and Marilyn. . . thank you for taking the time to keep us posted. I know everyone reading these postings is praying without ceasing for you and your family.
Dearest Jenny, Nick, Marilyn, Randy
and the rest of you wonderful people, finally, finally, someone has instructed me on how to correspond on this blog thing!!!
I want you to know that you have been in Jim's and my prayers and on
the prayer list at St. Stevens since this began.
There is not a day that passes that
you, all of you, are not in my thoughts. As I've read the blog I've been sad, scared and encouraged..........and most of all
amazed as God's work and purpose
unfolds......
Jenny your courage and fight and
Nick your love and support are amazing and inspiring to all of us.
I'm sending love from Mimi (Sally)
too.....she talks to Eleanor almost
daily.
Our prayers and positive thoughts
for a speedy healing will continue
Much, much love!!!
Judy M.
Jen - so happy to hear you are doing well. You continue to inspire so many. Keep up the great work! I am so proud to be your friend. You can teach us all a lot with your courage and strength.
Love to you all!
Shannon
Hey Jen,
I made the long drive back to Wichita last night all the while wishing I was still in Dallas. Phone calls, texts and blogging just aren't the same as standing by your bedside and watching you become stronger with my own eyes. I am so happy to hear you keep moving in the right direction, keep the fight on Jennifer. I will be back soon. My love to everyone in Dallas. Mart
Jen! I'm so happy to hear all the great news. I think about you constantly, every waking moment. You are truly the most inspirational woman I have ever met. Not to mention the strongest. I love getting on here and reading what everyone has said, this is the first and last thing I check when I get on my computer.
The dollar dance.. how classic! I can't wait to be by your side on the boat doing it with you!
I plan on getting down there during my little break to visit you, and bring you some drawings to hang up (i'll leave out the ones of the old naked guy, Don, I have to draw haha, I wouldn't want to make Nick jealous!)
Keep fighting love! I look forward to seeing you in the next couple of weeks. You are so amazing!
And to the rest of my family, I can't imagine what life would be without you. I am so lucky to have such an amazing family. This only makes us stronger. I love you all, and am SO eager to get down there again.
Love- Sarah
Jennifer - I have been reading your blog almost every day and have been so amazed by you. I know that we have lost touch but I think about you and pray for you every chance that I get. You were a joy to have in the Pathway Sunday school class and so grateful that I got to know you and become your friend. You are an amazing person!
With love -
Elizabeth
Jen, I like Sarah cannot wait to do the dollar dance by your side on the boat down at the lake! Good times!! I still smile when I look at us doing that dance at your wedding!!
You are so strong! Keep fighting! Hope to get down there to see you soon!
Love ya! Paige
Hey Jen,
I'm sitting on a long conference call trying really hard not to A.D.D. out (apparently it's not working.) So I thought I'd at least try to be somewhat productive and write you.
I just want to say HOORAY! WOOHOO! So happy you are doing so well being off that ventilator. When I saw you on Sunday, you had just gotten it taken off for a few hours. The nurses had washed your hair and put a little lip gloss on you. You whispered to me that you got 'the spa treatment'. It was really cute.
You continue to amaze me with your strength and spirit. Keep up the good work girl. I will see you soon.
Love always,
T'boz'
Jen and Nick,
What wonderful news!!We continue to be amazed by your courage and strength. The two of you are simply remarkable and so very special! Your spirits seem to flow as one--what a beautiful life you have ahead of you.
All the work that results from resting with God is miracle-work.Claim the power to work miracles, both of you. Remember,"Know that you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. Nay, more, know that you can do all things through Christ who rests you." Take your positive spirits and rest in them--you have already achieved so many great things (including a proper kiss!!).
We love you,
Vicki and Randy
Hi Jenny - I just read your daily update to Mimi over the phone and we are so excited to hear about your ongoing progress! You are such an inspiration to all of us! Thank you to Nick, Marilyn, Randy, Martha and the rest of the family for taking the time to write these daily updates - we look forward to them. Jenny - A day doesn't go by that I don't think of you and this amazing strength you have. Love, Jill Dalrymple
This is wonderful news! My thoughts and prayers are still with everyone. Love, Shelley
Hi Jen it your Uncle Randy bloging it up. I hear you have been having a good day today, even doing a little of the old dollar dance. You must be doing something right cause you seem to be getting a little better each day. This blog is just about the greatest thing since sliced bread. I dont know who a lot of the people are and it might be good if they dont know who I am, but you seem to have a lot of great and caring friends. Martha got home yesterday and has been telling me about all the people who have been up to see how your doing. Sounds to me like you and Nick have some great friends who really care about you two. Jen I hope and pray that you will continue to get a little better each day. Love you Uncle Randy.
Nick,
We love you, and you and Jen are in our prayers as you continue in this trial. We are excited at the great progress Jen has made, coming off the ventilator. That is exciting to hear. Thank you for taking the time to update the blog spot to keep all informed of Jen's progress. Mark & Nancy Taylor
Hi Jen,Nick and Family,
Your love, hope, kindness,compassion and faith will help you to get through this difficult time. The blogs I have read show the amazing strength you all have.
Many blessings to each of you. JK
Post a Comment