Good Morning! It is a sunny day in Dallas and we are hoping for a good week.
Jen had a very busy weekend...several of her friends from work dropped by as well as other friends of both Nick and Jen who have been so very loyal and so "there". There were several times when she was either busy in the room or sleeping but when told that someone had made the effort to visit, she would always smile. Thank to all of you who have made the drive to Medical City...it is one place I will look forward to seeing in the rear view mirror one day!
Friday, Doug and Nancy Blackman from Wichita, stopped by and we had a really great visit. The timing was perfect and I think we all felt energized by their kind words. Saturday, Jill and Shannon as well as Pam, Jill's mother came for several hours. The 3 "girls" spent some great time together and Marhta and I enjoyed having lunch with Pam. Jen loved it...wasn't quite strong enough to get a new "look" but enjoyed the massage the girls gave her and all of the wonderful laughs, tears and support. It was hard to see them leave...:>
Mother's Day was celebrated in her room..late in the day. Nick, Matthew, my brother Matt, Marie, Martha, Jen and I shared cards and gifts and love..when she whispered "happy mother's day mom" ..I told her that this time next year..we will be able to look back and see how far we've come! Wish we could just fast forward a bit but we are trying so hard to take each HOUR as it comes.
I again thank you all for the cards and comments on the blog and prayers and friendship..we are looking forward to learning on our trip to Chicago tomorrow..and then to keep exploring other options as we more toward rehab...it just can't come quicly enough. Jen continues to try and keep her calories up and work at PT..lets pray she turns a corner with that this week.
Finally...Glenn and Sharon Ringler came from MD Anderson Saturday evening and spent the night here..after seeing Jen for while. Sharon and Jen both shared some tears and dicussed the shared experience of "chest tubes" but all in all gave each other strength. Sharon will learn her course of treatment today in Houston then head back to Kansas to work on getting well. She is in our prayers...
I will check in on Wednesday after we return...Love, Marilyn
Monday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
Dear Ones,
My thoughts were with you this weekend. What a poignant Mother's Day. . . so many emotions.
Thank you again for this blog. It is so important to all of us who are praying for you.
Hope the rehab research yeilds the perfect place for Jenny and Nick. I am keeping you in my heart and in all my prayers.
Love you Jen! I'll see you this weekend!
Hi Jen....Judy, Gaylin and I all had lunch with Eleanor today for her birthday. Of course she was alittle tearey that Gaylin and I left work but like I told her, "anytime getting away from work is a real treat for me". She of course was just as pretty and sweet as ever and it was great seeing her.
Your Dad is coming over to our house for pizza and a "touch" of wine.
I can't wait to hear how the trip to Chicago goes.
You take care and I will be back real soon.
Love you Jen
Margene
Hello to All---We wanted to say Hi to Jen--and tell her how proud we are of her--and hope she is doing well.You sure had a lot of company over the weekend for Moms Day--lots of family and friends-and know you all enjoyed seeing them. Have a safe trip to Chicago-will be thinking of you. Prayers and Love always Sweet Jenny.You are always in our hearts. Love Betsy-Kathy
HI Jen-bo, Wow! What a special Mother's Day for your mom. Just to hear your voice say those words. I'm sure little Matthew made the day special for you too! He is such a treat and loves you so much. Keep getting stronger. You have an enormous team (and fan club!) helping you all the way. Every day is special as you become more and more ready to move on to the next phase. You are one strong girl! I love you for that. Hugs to Nick. He is so cool and perfect for you. Not too much time passes that I'm not thinking about you. Love you, Judy
Hello! My name is Tricia, and I'm Matthew's mother. Words cannot begin to express how inspired I am by this blog and all the uplifting thoughts contained within.
While Nick and I have been blessed to have a wonderfully positive co-parenting relationship, Jennifer has been and always will be a welcome source of unconditional love and support for our son.
I want to thank you, Jen, for showing Matthew what true strength in the face of adversity is. You have always lifted Matthew up and continue to do so even in this time of extreme challenge. I continue to be amazed by your courage, and I thank you for sharing it with my son.
Please know that you are always in both my prayers and Matthew's, and it is our deepest desire to see you up and walking again very soon!
Hi Jen - It was wonderful spending time with you on Saturday. My time with you was one of the most powerful I have ever had. You are amazing. Jill and I were so touched and inspired by our talk. You are so strong Jenny and you continue to amaze all of with your strength and courage. Just like the bracelets with your name say - strength, courage and love. Thanks Jill for ordering them. I wear mine each day. LOVE, Shannon
Mother Muffy checking in. Watch out! Here I come! I will see you, Princess...this week. Talked to Dawn this morning and as soon as she gets out of school, she is coming with me. She wants you to know that we are lifting you up in prayers daily and hourly. Can't wait to see you and Nick and Moe. Is there anything that I can bring to you? A Marg or beer? Well, maybe not yet, I hope I bring the sunshine, it's raining here again. Everytime the landscapers show up at my neighbors, it rains, so we have been enjoying their mud for 6 months. We call them the Rainmakers! Keith called and is coming home next week!!! YEA, I am ready! Nothing else new here, I love you and will bring you a surprise....XXXOOOX gaylin aka MM
Jenny, I have been checking your progress since the beginning of your journey. Matt talked to Chris and that is how I heard. Well, I have been commenting, but GOD only knows where in cyber space my words have gone, because today our technology guy told me I was doing it all wrong!! I am NO SMARTER THAN A SECOND GRADER!!
You have been in our prayers, and you as well as your mom, dad, Matt, Nick and Ryan have been a constant source of inspiration! The love that you all feel for one another is so powerful.
Marylyn...You have always been such a support for me...my arms are around you now.
Jenny, I think I have this "Blog thing" all figured out now..I look forward to each success that you conquer daily. You are wonderful!
Love from Dave, Cathy, Chris and Cayte Pettay
Jenny and Moe, it was so good to see you both on Friday, and give some hugs. Jenny, Doug & and I loved meeting Don, and know that God has sent you a very special freind in him. We thought you looked amazing, and we continue to pray for the best decision about rehab for both you and Nick and everyone else. Keep smiling and fighting, we know you can do it.
Much love and prayers always,
Doug & Nancy Blackman
Hi Jen. I'm not much of a writer, as your Mom will tell you, but I talk to her regularly and check the blog daily. Everyone who knows me knows of your fight and there are more people than you can imagine that have been praying for you since the beginning. Keep up the good fight. I'm hoping to see you in June. Love, Connie
Hi Jen,
My name is Diana Ehrlich, you probably don't remember me but I was married to Connie's brother Phil Ehrlich.
The last time I saw you, you were a little girl and your Mother invited Phil and I, along with our 2 children Bambi and Jina, over during the holidays many years ago. You were such a cute little girl and you've become a beautiful woman!
My daughters and I have been following your progress on your blog and wanted you to know our prayers are with you and your wonderful family. I know with all the loving support and prayers you will continue to grow stronger. YOU are AMAZING and give us all HOPE! God Bless You.
Jen - I'm Phyllis Guinn, former PR Director at Maize Schools and Mom to Kevan and Bryce who I think have been classmates of yours and Matt's. I am filled with emotion after learning about you thru Cathy Pettay. I remember when you were in high school and can't forget your beautiful smile and upbeat personality. I know who your parents are and have always admired your family. I'm glad you have them surrounding you with love and strength. And, from these blogs and entries I'm learning that you have married! I've have seen your lovely wedding portrait and have deduced you married your guardian angel. He sounds so wonderful and supportive! And, thru these blogs I'm trying to piece together who everybody is in your family and circle of friends and I think I'm getting there! I even recognize some of the names who have left comments. I can't imagine what you have been thru but only hope that during this difficult time you can continue to focus on getting better. You have touched so many lives. You are in my thoughts each day and because I am an "email junkie" I check these blogs all the time looking for updates of your continued improvement! Think positive Jen - we're all pulling for you - can you feel it? Much love to you and your family - Randy, Marilyn, Matt, Nick and Matthew - you are all in our thoughts and prayers!
Greg and Phyllis Guinn
Wichita, KS
Hi Jen! Sounds as if you have had a pretty good day. Glad to hear you were able to finish the panini! Better late than never..I am so glad that you are getting your appetite back..got to beef you up a little for the work ahead. I really enjoyed my last visit with you. It was wonderful to have great conversations instead of me just yapping at you. It is hard to believe you have come so far in seven weeks..you should be out of there soon. Hopefully rehab will provide a more comfortable bed for Nick...I couldn't even handle that recliner for one full night, nevermind 7 weeks!! I guess he is a little younger than me though. It is great having Marie back in Texas!! She is as wonderful as her son. I am learning more and more Aussie speak like bathing costume for swimsuit!! We have had quite a few good laughs. I can't wait to return to my second home. I hope to be back in a week or so..no telling what improvements I will see then. Miss you Jen and everyone else that I have met in Dallas. Love to you too Moe!! Thanks to Gaylin for popping in for a few days..I know her massages are wonderful. Please tell Matthew Happy Birthday from Aunt Martha. Wish I could be there. Love you, Mart
Post a Comment