Friday

Busy Days

As Jen gets stronger each day so does the intensity of her physical therapy. This is leaving her exhausted in the evenings but as her physical therapist explained it is important that she feels the sense of doing something new towards independence each day. Today she went outside in a wheelchair to enjoy the lovely weather.

Tonight she will get the last of her chest tubes out which is one more notch in ladder of her steady improvement, with most of her internal problems almost conquered.

Our girl has got a very busy weekend install with friends coming in town, mothers day and physical therapy. All of which will make for a happy but tiring weekend.

Baby, its great to see you smile so much, its also been great to see you cry a little and it makes me feel so close when we cry together. Your vision for our future is so positive you are the ultimate wife.

Love Hubby.

10 comments:

Cecile Brownlee said...

Nick and Jen,
Your love for each other is so amazing. It brings tears to my eyes at the same time that it puts a smile on my face. How beautiful the love is that the two of you share. Nick, you have been the rock that Jen has needed (and will need) as she progresses with her rehab. And Jen, your smile and fight has given your family and all of your friends (near and far away) the strength and hope to see you through this battle that you are conquering day by day.Keep up the good fight..... We are all here for you every inch of the way.
What a beautiful day to get to go out and enjoy the bright sunshine and warm air. I know that that must have been somewhat energetic and at the same time it was very tiring for your body. I know you will have a wonderful weekend and you will be surrounded with all the love and support that you so deserve.
Ann and I look forward to seeing you again....And getting to meet Marie. Hopefully Marie has gotten through the jet lag of such a long trip. See all of you very soon.
Love,
Cecile

Anonymous said...

Wow and Whoppee! What an incredibly good week you've had Jen. I know what a relief it will be to get the last of the tubes out.
Cecile and I loved being able to visit with you this week. You look wonderful, I could see the sparkle in your eyes that everyone talks about. Know you'll love having your hair done this weekend. That is always good for a little pick-me-up.
Your weekend sounds busy and full of love. I know how quickly you want to get into rehab and with all of the suport you have from your wonderful family and your precious Nick, you will be their star patient.
Cecile and I have enjoyed meeting the "Muffies", they are so much fun. Their visits have been so uplifting for Marilyn. What a wonderful gift friendship is.
Nick, your caring and sensitivity is beyond belief. You and Jen are so very lucky to have each other and the strong support behind you from your families and friends is going to make the path you have to travel so much easier. Everyone that knows you, have embraced you and are willing to walk the walk.
We are here for you!
Can't wait to meet Marie. Hope she has recovered from her trip and late arrival. Those darn night storms we had this past week certainly weren't a very nice welcome. At least now we have our beautiful blue skies back.
Marily, Randy and Martha sounds like you all have a busy week ahead, we'll catch up the first of the week when things have gotten quieter.
Until then, just enjoy!
Love to all,
Ann

Anonymous said...

It is good to hear of the steady progress. A happy mothers day to you, Marilyn. Your success as a mother is evidenced through your courageous daughter. And hats off to your mom, Eleanor, whose success as a mother is showing through you. Always praying - Patty

Anonymous said...

You are the best sister in the universe.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Mother's Day morning it is.
Happy Mother's Day to Marilyn, Martha and Marie.
I can only imagine how wonderful it is for you all to be able to celebrate this day with Jen.
Have a wonderful day and ENJOY!
Love,
Ann

Anonymous said...

Jen, I can't tell you how much it ment to me to get to spend time with you on Saturday... You are such an instiration to me and everyone around you.
I felt so close to God being around you, I felt him in your room watching over you. You are a special angel of God's here on earth to teach wonderful things to people...Anyone who truly know's you Jennifer can feel that.
Nick, Jennifer loved the lotion Shannon and I brought for her..Please make sure to give her a special massage from us as often as possible... You are an amazing man and I believe you were sent to take special care of Jennifer..Thank you for doing that.
I hope you get the rest you need Jenny so you can become stronger everyday, so sleep as much as you can and hopefully your room will remain very peaceful. I pray for you everyday...I love you
Jill F

Cecile Brownlee said...

Marilyn,Marie,Martha and Jen,
Happy Mother's Day to all of you. Nick said you all were going to be celebrating Mother's Day this afternoon. What a blessing that will be for all of you to be together and celebrate. Marie, I am looking forward to getting to meet you and Nick was so excited to get to have Mother's Day with his Mother. He said it has been 11 years since the two of you had the opportunity to be together on Mother's Day. Marilyn (and Martha),I know that this has been a very long 7 weeks, but today all of you can count your blessings as you celebrate Mother's Day and the wonderful daughter (niece) that you have watch grow into a beautiful young lady. What an inspiration Jen has been to all of us. Keep of the fight, Jen. We are all here supporting you and your loving family.
Love,
Cecile
Ann and I are looking forward to all the Muffies coming back to Dallas. How about all of you coming together?????????

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Jen!
It was such a pretty day and I'm so glad that you got to go outside to enjoy it.
Keep up the good work with physical therapy & you'll be out of that ICU in no time. Talk to you soon!!

Patricia

Anonymous said...

Mother Muffy here....just checking in and seeing if you are ready for me to come this week? I will talk to Marty and see what her schedule is and I will come in right behind her. Love you....Princess! I will be bringing lots of love to you. Judy and I are having lunch with Gram today for her Birthday. Wish you were here but we will give her a hug from you. All my love as always....Gaylin PS Dawn and Drew ask about you daily and we are all keeping you in our prayers. XXOOXXOOXXOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

To the girl with the coolest jewelry at Broadlane:

Hey Jen, I really missed chatting with you when I left Labor Services. I was always so envious of your fabulous, unique, earrings and necklaces! Remember the day I passed you in the hall and you said you had gotten married and I told you I had gotten divorced? Funny how life works its magic isn’t it? I truly believe you have something magical about you - You met a wonderful man who adores you, and have such a fantastic network of family and friends. So keep working your magic Jen, and sprinkle a little my way if you have any to spare...You are an inspiration, and I am proud to say I worked with you!!!!!

Your Broadlane Bud,
Frances Sinclair