Saturday

An Incredible 24 Hours

The last 24 hours have been absolutely amazing. Not only has Jen been taken of the ventilator, the tube has also been removed from her mouth. Although her vocal chords are very tender and raw she has the ability to talk a little at a time. Its tough work for her to speak at the moment but it bought me to tears when she could finally say "I love you".

Our girl has also been taken off dialysis because her kidney " just started working again" as one doctor put it. The human body can do amazing things sometimes.

Jen I want you to rest this weekend. Focus on your breathing it is going to be hard work for a few days. Don't talk to much although its tempting and get as much rest as possible.

Also I want to thank the boys at Bent Tree DP, Dean, Jeff and Mikey. Working 15 hour days during the busiest time of year so I can spend a lot of time with Jen. I love you guys and it has meant the world to me.

Love you babe,
Hubby

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen,
Oh my gosh!!! I imediatedly started crying when I read the wonderful news. Your strength and courage is truly amazing! What an incredible family and husband you have!! I just told my husband this morning that we had to get someone to watch the baby this week so that we could come and see you. Stay strong and keep fighting, Jen, we all love and continue to pray for you and your family everyday!! Love, The Aguirres (Whitney, Eddie, and Brennon)

Anonymous said...

Jen, I thanked God the minute I read nicks blog... You are so strong and blessed!!! I pray that thing will start to turn around now and you will just keep getting stronger. I can't wait until I can see you and give you a hug and kiss.
Your family has to be so happy about the progress that you have made and I pray that they feel some peace also. I Love all of you and am thinking of you every minute!!!!!
Jill Fortner

Anonymous said...

Margene said.....Jenny, Jenny, Jenny. I thanked God for giving us another miracle and you have turned this corner. I am so glad the family was there to see and hear this wonderful news. Bless Nick's heart for making sure he had his ear trumpets so he could hear your first words.
I am sending another millon hugs from here to celebrate this wonderful news.
Stay strong.
I love you Jen.
Margene

Anonymous said...

Well Missy, I sure am glad you have been in "Mother Muffy" training because I am sure that is why you are so very strong and well we all know that is why you are so beautiful, because only the most beautiful can wear "the Crown". My sweet sweet Jen, I am so happy for you and I will be down to stay with you for a few days. What a trouper you are. I have prayed so hard for you, believed in you, suffered for you, and counted on you to make this recovery. You are our miracle and I count the days until we can all celebrate together. (And I mean reeeeeeeeeallllyyy celebrate....as only Lake Girls can) Hugs and Kisses to you from your Mother Muffy aka gaylin

Anonymous said...

Nick this is for you....
You are the best, I am so excited for you and Jen...what miracles. The power of prayer will hold a new respect and new wonder for me after this....
We (Lake Girls) love you and your devotion to our angel Jennifer.
Mother Muffy

Anonymous said...

Jen,
Oh what a miracle you have proven to be!!Your strength and courage have been astounding, mesmerizing and overwhelming to us. You are an inspiration to all, both young and old! May you continue to grow as strong in your body as you obviously are in your soul!

"You will conquer. Do not fear changes. You can never fear changes when I, your Lord, change not. Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever. I am beside you. Steadfastness, unchangingness, come to you, too, as you dwell with Me. Rest in Me."

I opened my devotional book that I have cherished for years and this was the devotional written for April 21--God truly works in mysterious ways! Rest, Jen, and know how much we all love you and are praying for you and your very brave husband and family.

Love,
Vicki and Randy

Anonymous said...

Jen - I am so thankful that you are are doing better. There is not a moment that passes that I don't think about you and your family. There are so many people that love you and that are here for you. Keep fighting and continue to get stronger everyday. You are always in my prayers. - ALH

N- said...

Ah, the power of love! Jen, you and Nick have fought as one and won this battle. That's what marriage is all about....happiness shared/sorrow divided! I will send up prayers of Thanksgiving and lift a glass to you both. Now, rest; you too, Nick!
I love you,
N-

Anonymous said...

Amen and amen Patty

Anonymous said...

Our dear Jenny...we are at a wedding today and I can't help think of you and your wedding day. We brought our lighted angel with us (the one we've kept lit during your entire hospital stay...and keep changing batteries!) It is a constant reminder to me that God and His angels are with you. Marilyn and Randy, Glenn and I love you and will always be here for you. Though we can't be there physically yet, we will soon see our sweet Jenny and give you all hugs. Our love to you now and always. Sharon

Anonymous said...

Jenny...I sang in a wedding today and once again my song went out to you "Beautiful". I couldn't help but continuously think of you and Nick. I am so thrilled you are regaining your strength. The messages from your sweet husband and family keep us all informed of your progress, and we are grateful. You mean so much to my family and to me....and no matter what...good days and more difficult days...we will ALWAYS be a phone call, an email, or a plane ride away. You are our sweet Jenny. I love you. Shani

Anonymous said...

Jen this is wonderful news,

We (your Australian family!) are thrilled that you have made such brilliant progress. You are truly a fighter! It is a great comfort to read this blog, to read of your continuing progress, to see the support of your loving family and friends, and of course Nick. It is as if we know you all through your messages!

We are very proud of you Nick - you are just the person Jennifer needs and you have shown everybody the love and strength you have within.

Jen & Nick, Matthew, Randy and Marilyn, your family and friends, you are in our constant thoughts.

love and best wishes from Australia

Adam, Sophie, Claude and Jasper, Julie, Marie, Frances, Ian and Amy.

Anonymous said...

Just amazing. We continue to think of you and your family and all you are going through. All of the prayers must be working. Bless you and keep fighting so that with each day you can grow a little stronger. Steph and Scott

Anonymous said...

I just got back from a really cool weekend with you Jen. I was so happy that you were able to make some Jen jokes and we got to laugh! I am also so relieved that you found Nick...what a genuine person he is. I love you and I will see you again really soon. <3

Anonymous said...

We were so happy to see you smiling this week. You really made our day. As frustrating as it may have been struggling to communicate with us, it was fun and encouraging to see your spirit is still as strong and beautiful as ever. We continue to hold you in our hearts every day. We love you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Jen, I just wanted to thank you so much for being such an inspiration to everyone around you. You make us all look a life in such a different way. I know that you wish this never would have happened to you Jenny, I wonder why God has put all of these burdens on you. Some day Jenny we will know why.. I know God has something wonderful planned for you.
We all love you and will do anything for you and Nick.
Marilyn and Randy, You are such wonderful parents and Jen is so lucky to have you. I think of you every minute of the day wishing there was something I could do to help. I also wanted Ryan to know that I am very close to KU and if you ever need something Please don't hesitate to call me... You to Matt. God bless all of you and keep your strength.
Love, Jill

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I also wanted to tell you Mim and Bib Loved seeing you!!!! I wish I could see that beautiful smile of yours.
I enjoy so much talking to Shannon everyday on the phone.. all of the great stories we have from growing up. I hope soon we can all sit around and laugh about all the silly thing we used to do...
Hugs and Kisses, Jill

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful news! I am fillled with happiness for Jen and her family, and grateful to God for his healing powers. He truly works in mysterious ways. Keep fighting and stay strong.

trina said...

Hi Jen, I have been reading all the beautiful messages; it is a testament to how well loved you are. I am sad for the circumstances but cherish the honor of meeting more of your wonderful, gracious family and Shannon. It is not surprising that they are exceptional, knowing that they are yours. I was thrilled to hear your voice last week and cant wait to hear more of it,
With much love, Trina

Anonymous said...

Mother Muffy checking in. My dear sweet Jen. I was so happy to get the text from Moe. Oh, how I prayed today for you. One of my friends said at 2:00 she got a call from her chruch prayer circle and said to pray for a young beautiful 34 year old girl named Jennifer.....she knew and she prayed along with the rest of us that couldn't be with you physically, but were with you in spirit. I wanted to be with you so bad today. But I have made reservations and Bebe and I are planning on being there for you and family on Monday. I will look forward to hugs and smiles. Be strong my sweet friend. God has special plans for you....in time we will know as than plan unfolds before us. You are starting in uncharted waters, but know you have may people, friends and family to keep you afloat. You will teach us lessons that we have never dreamed before. And we will be there as you teach us the finest lessons of life. Oh, how valuable you are to us and how much we thank God that you have seen another day. All my love, your head cheerleader! Gaylin aka Mother Muffy