Tuesday

Elite Alpine Skier at 130 mph


Olympics - summer or winter, I love watching them. The camaraderie, talent and ambition to go for the gold always inspires me. I am even more excited for the Paralympics, for obvious reasons, but how often do you get to experience inspiration at their level.

Looking at this photo what do you see? Great smile, happy dog, warm landscaping, etc. Do you see anything missing?

Marty Mayberry is a 24 year old Aussie who lost both of his legs at 16 due to menengitis. He is now the ONLY ELITE alpine skier that is a double BK (below-knee) amputee.

Great skill and fitness plus state-of-the-art prosthetics enable him to zoom downhill at 130km/h, and his prosthetist will be in the Canadian ski resort of Whistler to cheer him on at the Winter Paralympics next month.

I am looking into a ski trip and can't wait to see how I do. It's guys like this that give a whole new meaning to "things aren't always as they seem."

Look for the Paralympics March 12 - 21st in Vancouver.


1 comment:

Scott Rigsby said...

Jen,

Congrats! You are very inspiring! Keep up the great work. Congrats on your "Unthinkable" journey.

Scott Rigsby