Saturday

CONGRATULATIONS Carr Family & Welcome to Extreme Makeover - Home Edition


I missed my update this week but I have a wonderful excuse!!

Ryanne Carr (remember her) and her family were chosen by Extreme Makeover - Home Edition to have a new house. In the event you don't know, P.L.A.Y. was introduced to the Carr's about a year ago and helped send Ryanne to a few events where she brought home the gold!!

The great news was announced early Thursday morning. Then, all the excitement started. I jumped in my car and headed out to Mineola, Tx (outside of Tyler) to surprise the family in the ritual of the Braveheart March.

I was sooooo thrilled to be a part of this for Ryanne and her family but was even more surprised to hear over a megaphone..... "Jen Griffin".

There must be more than one, right? I get pulled out of the crowd and am told that I am going to speak to the family before they leave for Hawaii. WOW!

We march up to the house, form a circle around the family and while I am watching the faces of the family, I look up and realize, OMG, I'm standing next to TY PENNINGTON. I start thinking about how surreal everything was becoming, wondering how the family must be feeling, noticing how many cameras were around, wondering how all this works, etc, etc, etc. and all of a sudden, I had the stage with Ty and the family.

I have to tell you that on the walk up to the house I became really nervous from the idea of talking but the minute I saw the family I couldn't say enough. This is such an ENORMOUS joy and so proud to know this family.

The house was knocked down yesterday and a new amazing retreat is being created as I type this. LIVE stream click here

I will keep you updated with everything throughout this week.

NEXT: LIMB Drive tomorrow @ Scottish Rite Hospital in Dallas from 2-4. Drop off any old prosthetics that can be used to create new limbs for those in Haiti. Or, just come to support the effort.

Exciting week to come. Air date will be posted as well.

Love, Jen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jen, I am happy for you and for the Carr family. This will be a wild and crazy week. I remember when they built the house in Rose Hill just outside of Wichita. It is amazing how they can put up a house in just 1 week. I wish I was there to help. Cant wait to watch it on TV. Sometimes I have to step back and just look at all the good you have done in the last few years, you are really something. Love you Uncle Randy.

Unknown said...

Jen, I have been eagerly awaiting the news about the Carr Family. I am so happy for them that they received this EHM. Your guidance, love and passion for what you believe in is amazing. I feel so blessed for having met you and I love your Blog. Thanks for keeping us Aussies updated. Missing the USA very much. Love Tanya (Dean's Sister)