Happy New Year! I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. I had a great New Year's Eve with great company & a fantastic Hibachi chef! We came home and tried to recreate some of their ridiculous tricks.Uh, ya, not exactly the same. Anyway, this photo was recently sent to me and it took me back to a few memories of 2009.
It was taken at the lake this past summer with many friends & family. I was wanting to ski and jump in and out of the water with such ease.
Instead, I rode the jet ski (seated) then, like a twisted pretzel, got thrown from from every angle on a tube. I laughed and laughed and laughed. The tube was so hard to hang on and once I get the giggles--it's all over.
I love being in the middle of laughs, good stories & water. You can never can go wrong with that combination. But in the moment this was taken, for a split second, I was thinking about being able to stand on skiis and feel the movement like I used to. Watching everyone got me thinking. Then, I was able to remember just why I'm not standing.
When everyone else is managing all the heavy lifting of the skiis, boat cleaning and so on. I tend to have the jobs of making sure other things are taken care of and I get to learn something new about myself everyday. Sure, we all have dreams and it's healthy to have a desire to want. It's not healthy to get stuck in the want.
When the day was over, I had a great tan, good memories and stories to share. I'm taking my new life (almost 3 years now) and helping others who may not be able to ski. :) And the more I think about it, why ski when you can drive the boat? Get in control of you and watch the skiers follow. :)
Love,
Jen

6 comments:
Wow..you are a beautiful woman..thanks so much for all of your insight..Love this blog!!
Jen, remember the beer cooler is always in the boat. Happy New Year Uncle Randy.
JEN - What a beautiful blog. Loved it - also loved our Christmas. Nothing makes me happier than being surrounded by my amazing family.
"Hugs"
Grammy
Nothing better than a 12 pack of Natty Light and boat driving!
New post Jen??? What have you been up to this past week..need some new information!!!
Post a Comment