My purse collects so much stuff I could have a weekly yard sale at times. I was cleaning everything out when a stack of business cards dumped all over the floor. Yikes.Tough gig without fingers. I sat and thought. Then all of a sudden a light bulb flickers. I used a card and put it between my palms and slid it underneath one on the floor and pushed it up against my foot until it flipped up.
I then could just grab the elevated portion that had popped up, repeat a couple dozen times and the problem was solved.
I felt like I was on candid camera and began to laugh at myself. By the way, why does it always seem awkward to laugh hysterically when you are the only person in the room?
Meet Jordan Thomas and his foundation or on CNN. Being in my situation, I'm following our healthcare reform from a much different perspective than most individuals and I am humbled to have the challenge. Jordan is taking the cost of prosthetic care to Washington and I think it is just another example of what a courageous spirit is capable of.
He has been active in Washington advocatinig for private insurance companies to cover prosthetics without caps or unfair restrictions. He lost his legs in an unfortunate boating accident in 2005 but has gone on to assist young people with gaining access to prosthetics. I am inspired for his efforts and hope others will get behind his passion.
Love,
Jen
He has been active in Washington advocatinig for private insurance companies to cover prosthetics without caps or unfair restrictions. He lost his legs in an unfortunate boating accident in 2005 but has gone on to assist young people with gaining access to prosthetics. I am inspired for his efforts and hope others will get behind his passion.
I challenge you to become involved, passionate and motivated by something that is important to you. One gesture can make a difference.
Love,
Jen

1 comment:
U of all people know how much I can relate to laughing at yourself while in a room, solo! I love ur stories as they put a spin on life and makes everyday more interesting. U are simply one of a kind. No other way to put it. Blessings, love Mateo
Post a Comment