Hope everyone had some good relaxing fun for the 4th. I learned to tube and drive a Jet Ski over the weekend. Balancing in the drivers seat is quite hilarious. As you can imagine, the faster I would go the less my body holds up because of the weight distribution (or lack of). Nick was sitting behind me, of course, for those "wow" moments. But, as much fun as I was having I felt a bit like a bobble head :) After fun there is always work...
The health care system is trying to reform, as I'm sure you are aware. I tend to pay attention to this much more than I ever would for obvious reasons. One bit that I'm sure most people aren't aware of is the cost of prosthetic care. Currently, the Senate version of the reform bill does not include coverage for "assistive devices or durable medical equipment (such as prosthetics)" but the House Version does.
The goal is to make sure any health care reform bill includes this language to prevent any loopholes and people not being able to have prosthetics due to the debilitating costs. So, how can you help?
Start by calling your Representative and Senator. Let them know that the bills should include specific language for durable medical equipment (such as prosthetic devices) in all health care reform bills. This is a large factor in Independence and leading healthy lives!!
If your not sure where to start call the U.S. Capital Switchboard at 202.224.1212
Start by calling your Representative and Senator. Let them know that the bills should include specific language for durable medical equipment (such as prosthetic devices) in all health care reform bills. This is a large factor in Independence and leading healthy lives!!
If your not sure where to start call the U.S. Capital Switchboard at 202.224.1212
Thanks for your help!!
Jen
Jen

5 comments:
Just cathcing up on the posts we missed. Love the surfing photo! Will definately call tomorrow. S&S
I have called already...this is soo very important. Glad Steph is on to it..she is the MAN...we just need to make all of those in power aware of what it really means.
I emailed them - very easy!
LOVE YA! Shannon
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8163434.stm
look at this Jen!!
It is awesome
I hate to be the one to call for an update...but I AM CALLING FOR AN UPDATE!! Seems to me you have a few tales to tell. Love and as always very proud of you Jen. Also I must say you look beautiful!!
Love, Mart
Post a Comment