I want to share with you that my new friend Jamie (who I went to see in Houston) has finally checked out of the hospital and is back home in Austin.I'm so happy for her and her family. She has not been anywhere but her hospital bed for 5 months! You all know I can relate to that!
We saw Diana Ross at the Symphony Center last week and had a great time. She didn't sing, she just talked with us, the audience, and the moderator. It was intimate and eye opening. She didn't divulge a lot of scoop, but she did give a bit of advice I thought was worth repeating.
She was asked if she had always wanted to be a "star" and her response was something like this: "A star? No. I was always a hard worker, studied what I was doing and was dedicated to my craft. Because of those things the star came." Even though a celebrity like Diana Ross seems larger than life, all of us can identity with trying to find our own paths or calling.
I don't necessarily have my path planned but I do know what I want to avoid. I've always believed that spending time on things we are good at and having a passion will show its fruits in all kinds of unsuspecting ways.
We have had so much rain lately. This is one thing about being with Fred & Ginger, they don't move as quickly as you would think. I really wish someone would come up with a prosthetic that has roller skates built in. Quite possibly not the safest idea. :)
We went to White Rock Lake festival and loved being right on the water. We ended up leaving within 35 minutes as the sky looked like one big dark cloud. O'well. We are going with several friends to see Flight of the Conchords tomorrow evening! It should be a great time! If you are not familiar, look them up. They are talented and hilarious!
I have always been an active person but feel really happy to know that my desire to want to stay busy and be out and experience life has not changed. I'm dealing with challenges daily but find that giving in to fear or frustration would only make me a person I'm not.
Cheers,
Jen

2 comments:
I smiled when I opened my mail today. Thank you! S&S
Wonderful news from the Jamie Camp! She fought and is winning the battle that very few people will ever face. It's not a battle that the typical psyche will ever be prepared to challenge. When one stops to analyze what you, Jen, & Jaime have gone through and are continue to go through, it puts the reality port of our brain in a state of total panic, thus the mind will discontinue to think about it. You have actually been in this arena and fought like a warrior with faith, passion, & most of all, positivity while never, ever, not once, losing sight of the eventual silver lining. It is always there and most of us miss it everyday of our lives. More often than not, it's by choice, although not a conscience one.
I put myself in your path every single day and learn to see things I never saw, hear things I couldn't hear, while learning how to connect with fellow human beings in a more consistent manner of undying compassion.
I sit and stare often, feel the hairs on my neck stand up reminiscing unwillingly about the medical city days but it always ends with a smile because the fact is, you are here, with all of us to share your journey, & it will never stop. Will we ever know exactly why this happened? I think there are many angles in which to approach this question. I tend to embrace the optimistic surface and see what Jen's Love, friendship, and leadership through experience has done for so many people.
Diana Ross has very critical advice. Learn and Practice your craft. Build on your trade or hobby to become what people will later call you a natural at.
I think and pray a lot. I contemplate and develop new angles to approach people, circumstances, and just try to understand why we all do the things we do, be it this or that. It's not easy as everyone reading can relate. While we were all in the hospital with Jen I realized that when someone commits to think, pray, or devote time to another person, in this instance, Jen, some don't actually stop and perform it fully. I'm not pointing this out in a negative manner, I simply want to make it known that when you stop to pray, think, smell, look, & feel with love/compassion, you can honestly say you played your part in transferring good energy to someone in need. The Creator makes it all possible.
I need to say this - I'm bummed I had to miss Flight of the Conchords! If you're reading this and are not familiar with the group, I would sum the duo up with two words - "clever" & "refreshing".
Learn from Diana Ross, build on your trade or hobby to become what people will later call you a natural at.
Jen getting out and about is without question the person she is, so I know that if she ever tires of exploring life, it's time to start asking questions.
Become the people you all want to be.
In Family & Friendship
-Matthew
Post a Comment