Monday

Experimental Cooking & Canvas Painting

So where have you been? Just kidding. It is me, not you. :)

Wow, a month has gone by and I've really slipped on this blog. This has been so much fun so don't give up on me. These last few weeks have gotten away from me.

I've been doing a lot of experimental cooking and finding some awesome recipes. I find that breaking eggs is the least of my concerns these days. I'm on to Dulche Leche cream bars and espresso fudge cupcakes. YUM!

I'm finding that my sous chef Hubby is learning how to watch golf in between my times of need. Good for him, he's learning to multi-task! My hardest task is to stir (unless its soup or something easy) so I just use the mixer for as much as I can and it works.

Anyway, we recently went to a fun art show and walked the streets while Sky found his "art" in all the other dogs! I love being outside and people watching. So much art and personalities to take in. We have made several paintings for our house and it's been such a great thing to do together.

I usually do the base coats or things with bigger areas while the smaller areas or fine motor skills are done by Nick or Matthew. I can totally see how those artist who "express" themselves use art it is very soothing. :)

Easter: I hope everyone had a great day. I read the best thing about this day of renewal and resurrection. "Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life." I thought this could be applied to so many things. It's never to late to start over and look at the beauty of a situation or relationship!

<3,
Jen

4 comments:

Martha said...

Never would I give up on you!! Can't wait to eat some of your cooking and view you and Nicks artwork. The last paintings I saw were great. Miss and hope to see you soon. The tennis tourney sounds like fun.
Love, Mart

Anonymous said...

Jenny - You and Nick continue to surprise me. Cooking and painting - WOW!! I think of you so much and really enjoyed our time together when you were here. Give Nick a hug for me.

Love you bunches,
Grammy

Marilyn and Randy said...

I am so impressed with your diving into cooking..so glad you are mastering the challenges..I am not in your "shape" and do well to mix up a box of Brownies! You continue to make us proud and give us strength..It seems like yesterday that we found you in ICU at Medical City and yet..you have taken us so far to places we would never have seen. As always, we feel amazed and are so proud.

Love you...

Anonymous said...

How cool. I am so happy you have found ways to cook. I know how important that was to you. You always find a way and your determination inspires me.... Love ya, Shannon