Wednesday

The Ol' Football Injury

It was the most unique comment I have received to date. I was walking into a restaurant when the "man of the house" looked at me, smiled and said "old football injuries, huh?"

You are reading this and thinking how insensitive, rude or how clever that was. If you do find it funny or clever, you are probably wondering what my perception was. You want to know what I thought? I found it hilarious and comforting at the same time.

Clearly, I could have been in the NFL, but my dancing abilities kept me from running in a straight line. I did play for the Washington Redskins as a wide-receiver, but of course, I was traded to the Dallas Cowboys in '99. So, I thought he either recognized me from an ESPN news conference or he knew the perfect way to make me laugh and feel at ease. He even was charming enough to throw in a wink.

That could have gone either way. I could have been offended but it actually provided a refreshing reminder that a majority of people are committed to improving the human condition and comforting people. Humor and compassion speaks volumes!

Last night Nick & I went to the House of Blues to see Gavin DeGraw. His performance was fantastic! Music literally brings me (and everyone else) in and out of moods and emotions and is a great therapy mechanism. We both have a bit of a cold and fever but were so glad we went. The music just made us feel together. Too bad the only one who can tolerate my singing is 0ur dog!

Love, 
Jen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was one of the best! I agree, that guy was probably trying to connect with you and bring some humor to your life. It is so great that you see it that way too!

How is Sky? Love your posts..keep them coming!

Anonymous said...

HA! God my singing is probably worse!

Anonymous said...

Great story Jenny!!!!! Wish I could have been there.
Hows the doggy? I bet he is great company.
Love and miss ya
Jill
PS....TOUCHDOWN BABY

Anonymous said...

HA!
Sic'em dawg!