This is my newest inspiration and source of "coolness". If your not busy October 28th or need a reason to use your TiVo, tune in to Oprah and watch how quickly this little guy can make all your fears go away.I hope to meet him and have him speak for my foundation. His website, Team Cody, details his schedule and he seems to be busier than our Presidential candidates!
His smile, spirit and tenacity to "not be scared", as he says, is truly amazing. And, he is only six years old! I look at this amazing gift he has, to not only feel good about who he is, but to make others feel so comfortable and I think, "how does a child with his differences look at life with a smile and other kids struggle?"
Yes, I can relate to him, and I can identify with his support system, but I had a long time to build an understanding of people and relationships. He has only had six tiny years with hardly any practice in life to deal with obstacles (let alone his amputations).
Yes, I can relate to him, and I can identify with his support system, but I had a long time to build an understanding of people and relationships. He has only had six tiny years with hardly any practice in life to deal with obstacles (let alone his amputations).
I'm thinking there is something very valuable within this little guy. He is teaching adults, but isn't it traditionally supposed to be the other way around? No matter what the specifics involving a certain individual (age, race, degree of disability, etc.) are, if it gives people inspiration, then that is all that honesty matters.
Don't just read, but learn. Don't just say things, act upon them. Don't just think about what the rewards are for helping people, get involved and try! Don't just watch Cody, listen and apply his struggles to your own anxieties and trials!
Love,
Jen

3 comments:
how cool - i will have dane and jackson watch it too..... another inspiration in this world........
He is so cute!! I went to his website that you mentioned and watched a video of him saying "just can't be afrwaid"
Another great post Jen. We will check it out. We have something to share with you though. A book that I'll finish tonight and Scott will drop off tomorrow. "90 Minutes in Heaven". Amazing! S&S
Post a Comment