Monday

The New Mrs. Whipple

So, I don't have the photos yet but we added (and blended) new family members this weekend. My younger brother Matt, got married in a beautiful outdoor setting. It was so pretty and the setting was very quaint.  We had a great time. Christy is such an awesome friend and source of "life" for our family.

Nick and I were both in the wedding (bridesmaid & groomsmen) and we had to walk around a pool to get to where we had to stand. It wasn't until after that I had so many people tell me they were taking a breath when I turned a corner. The number of people thinking I was going to fall was quite large, ha! Nick was great and provided support and it went perfect.

Little Matthew got some singing in and entertained the rehearsal dinner with 3 tunes. He was so excited to tell his teacher today. He had fun.

Another very fun part of the evening was that P.L.A.Y. was awarded a very nice check from Justin who ran in the Leadville, Colorado race (earlier post). He ran for P.L.A.Y. and people donated for his cause. We got some great photos which I will share with you. Thanks again Justin!

I had the opportunity to see so many people that had supported me during the hospital that I have to say was a bit overwhelming.  It seems like no matter what we run into in our daily lives, as long as we have a place to call "home" things don't seem to be so bad. 

I have many long distance relationships and every time I see them I miss them. But, it also makes me appreciate how taking time for things that matter leads to such a wonderful array of friends, in all walks of life. Time is such a precious commodity, we need to make the best of every minute and reach out to people. Too much time passes and it shouldn't.

Love,
Jen

4 comments:

Martha said...

Jen, You are right. The wedding was a perfect blending of families. I never thought you would go into the pool, several other people, yes, but not you. All the attendants were beautiful and GOD blessed Matt and Christy with a perfect day. We have been so fortunate to have loving friends through thick and thin. Justin's gift was so special..pay it forward in the best spirit.
Love you, Mart

Anonymous said...

That must have been an amazing weekend..you are blessed to have such a great family.

Marilyn and Randy said...

OK..as I am writing this, I am thinking of just a year ago when I was still in Dallas with you. I would have never pictured us at a wonderful celebration like we just had for your oldest brother and Christy. You were so beautiful as a bridesmaid and as always, we were so blessed to have so many friends there.
Life, like you tell us all, is so precious and we just never know how in the worst of times, God will give us people to hold us up. Read The Shack..it has been such an inspiration to me..we are never alone if we believe. Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Jen,

I don't know if you remember me or not, but I have just recently reconnected with some old mutual friends and I heard about the journey that you have been on. I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you and praying for you....David Brooks