We starting moving this weekend into the new house. Let me tell you how much fun that can be with no hands. :) I actually did find ways of doing things but also realized how to discover new things.I was going through the new house working every switch, handle, knob, etc. giving it all the "Jen Stamp of Approval" and found things I didn't realize I could/couldn't do.
One thing I knew a long time ago but forgot, was that moving with my brother is nothing but laughter. He can make moving a glass the funniest thing you've ever seen. The only down side to this is it may take you 4 hours vs. 2 but it's worth it.
Our birthdays are 1 day apart so we have a lot of crazy commonalities. He and our younger brother Ryan are some of the best friends an older sister could want. If I ever needed support my family and Nick are are what it's all about. They make me forget about things I have gone through. It's truly amazing.
Something else that really made my weekend was being in the car and having little Matthew look up in the sky and say "Look Jen, it's a rainbow." It was so vivid and pretty. This is meaningful because two of my best friends used to come to the hospital and tell me that they saw rainbows when they would come to see me.
Their stories brought me so much faith that it created a special bond for me where they were concerned. I thought of my two friends all day and felt that we were all together for a while. It was really neat.
What things do you notice that remind you of a relationship or special moment? Look really hard. You will find them! Things like this are something to believe in. Have a great few days. I'll talk to you soon.
Love,
Jen

8 comments:
Hey there girl, my name is Julia and I'm a highschool student.
I have to say that you are absolutely gorgeous and it's not just your face that has led me to that conclusion. The words in your blog really portray what a brilliant outlook you have to show the world and no doubt have you changed the lives of those who have read about your story.
I can't begin to comprehend what you are going through, but I'm sure it isn't easy and I'm more than blown away by how you've managed to turn your disadvantage into something useful. It's unfortunate that people don't appreciate the things they have like you do.
Thank you for graciously proving that with the right attitude anything can be a blessing and that no matter what you lack on the outside, you can have a complete and full heart.
Thank you!~<3
I just wanted to say your story cought my intrest and it reminds me of my mom. My mom has remitory athuritest and she has gotin so bad and i dont now what to think and react to it. I can feel how hard it is for her when she cant do somthing she usto beable to do like wash dishes open jars cans ext. But i can since and feel when my mom hurts and gets fusterated and it hurts me. i want to say more but im at school so i got to go to my next block.
Hey Gemini!! I started humming the Aquarius song when I read that title!! Wonderful post!!
Jen,
Well once again you have brought tears to my eyes!!!!
I will never forget the times I have spent with you and all of the signs God gave us when we where together!!! You and Shannon are two of the most special people I have ever known and I will alway feel so blessed to be close to both of you.. I will alway think of us as "THE CHARMED ONES"....
There is a reason we where brought together.
I love and miss you sooooo much!!!
Jill
I still have my pictures of the Dallas Rainbows. I think they follow you where you go! Like I have said I am just along for the ride. Can't wait to see the new digs in disney world! I think a road trip is calling Jill and I (and of course my baby that will be here soon). :) Love YA!!!!!! Shannon
You continue to amaze me. I cannot believe that it has been over a year. I think of you and your Mom often. I think I will always have a soft spot for her particularlly. I will continue to pray for you guys. HE knows the desires of your heart, so I will leave the details to HIM.
Thinking of you often-
Melissa-MCD
Good Morning Jenny!
As Melissa said, I can't believe it has been over a year and so much has changed. She was such a wonderful strength to all of us when Medical City was your home..and it is kind of her to continue to follow along as we all find our way.
We are looking forward to seeing you next week and having most of the family together to celebrate your Grandmother's 84 birthday!
Keep finding time to update everyone as so many people, me included, continue to take strength from your strong spirit. I remember the rainbow story, and like you, think of those sweet friends whenever I see one!
It was also wonderful to hear from the HS students..they were wise, weren't they?
Love, Mom
I got to reading some of your posts and couldn't figure out what it was all about until I saw the little snippet that summed it all up...then I got hooked and looked at all the posts from 2007 and thought I'd try and leave you a comment!
I'm sure you hear the word 'inspiring' so much that it might have lost its context/value, but I'm not sure if there is a better way to put it. I know several people (friends/friends of friends) that live with a "disability" on a daily basis. That term can sometimes feel isolating, but the truth is, almost everyone lives with a form of a disability.
A buddy of mine is a war veteran and the psychological trauma (post-traumatic stress disorder) has crippled his ability to hold a job, go out in public or even find joy in his life right now. Like a lot of veterans, he will suffer with this for years to come.
But my point is that even though it might be hard to physically "see" someone else's disability, the occasional feeling of isolation is experienced by everyone...but I think only certain individuals like you have the inherent brilliance to celebrate who you are today with so much courage, optimism & passion.
I don't know about you, but if you take a step back and look at our material society, I am always encouraged when I meet more and more people that have figured out that genuine peace of mind is reached when you appreciate people based solely on the content of their character. When you do that, it becomes easy to love yourself and appreciate the things you do have.
I bet the reaction from people as always being "inspirational" might get overwhelming at times, but know that it's not just your disability that defines you. Of course your experience sparks curiosity and your outlook is a source of inspiration, but don't let that make you feel obligated to always have to be inspirational...as if your disability was the only thing that defined who you are. Instead, your disability is just a small detail of your bold character that I respect and appreciate.
Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment