This post is long over due and thank you to all who sent me emails reminding me of that! Seriously, what would I do without you.
I have learned a lot about myself through life and the journey I am on, but I've always questioned karma and natural life occurrences. Meaning, are we creating our journey by the things we do and say or do the things we do and say create us?
I pose this question because of the experiences I have had the past few weeks. I have met the first lady, finally found a house, been asked to help make a park handicap accessible, am starting a foundation, been asked to speak a few times and am understanding communication better and better. All of this, however, is because of the people around me and those that have helped create this journey.
But, how is this being done? I truly believe that if this had not happened to me and I had not had seen my friends and family go through what they have emotionally, I would not have encountered the spiritual and emotional substance I have obtained. I am now learning and allowing myself to be guided. It's a combination.
The one piece of my journey that has been difficult to understand is having so much to share but not having my grandfather to share it with. For some reason, God was ready for him sooner than we were ready to let go. He was always in my corner and I do so much today with him in my mind. He was a very smart determined person who raised such a great family. He made every holiday so fun and would always laugh at your jokes, good or bad. He was my rock in so many ways.
I often think of how he would handle everything that I have gone through and it makes me work harder and harder everyday. I think he is always around pushing and encouraging me and giving me that confidence I need at times. He would not allow me to be "down" for very long because he always believed that life had too much to offer.
I have used my frustration, confusion and, at times, sadness, as a way to examine myself and find my strengths. I have found more life in my life, than I ever had before. I am happy to have had such an outstanding role model in my grandfather and happy that he is still helping me create my journey.
Don't stop! Find that person or thing that gives you presents with their presence alone. Life will blossom before you know it. We do influence our journey. Think about your choices, you never know when you may need someone.
Love,
Jen
Thursday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I just know Poppy is reading this with tears in his eyes but lots of PRIDE in his heart. What a wonderful tribute to a man that was truly"unique and unrepeatable!"
Love,
Mom
Jen,
First I want to say thank you for updating this blog!!!! I can't tell you how much I look forward to reading it everyday..
What great words you have written about Poppy I know he would be so proud of you and the great person you have become!!!
You have so many wonderful things going on in you life and you have so much to give to everyone. Thanks for sharing your loving soul to all of us who look up to you so much..
Keep rockin little Angel!!
Love ya,
Jill F
Mother Muffy signing in...and as always checking in on you! Hope you are having a strong day. You continue to amaze me and I know how much you all miss your Poppy. He was bigger than life and we still quote him....often! Most of it I can't print! ha ha ha I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers daily as you prepare to move to the "Griffin's" new home. I am so excited about your new bath and hope it has a pretty place for you to be outside. Please email me your new address. I hope to be down in the next month or so. Miss you and love you. Mother Muffy.
You Go Girl!
You Go Girl!
I think..we should create the journey, but far too often the journey creates us..and most of us feel as if we have no control..just along for the ride whatever it may be. YOU on the other hand, are showing us that no matter what the obstacles along the way, we do have control of the road we take or the forks in the road we choose. Thank you for that.
WOW...that just left me speechless. I don't even know what to say to that. It was amazing. You are such an insperation. You are the image of perservence. I personally think that your picture should be next to the defenition of perseverence. Thank you for that article it quite possibly changed me.
Zac
Post a Comment