Thursday

Runaway Mascara, Another Speaking Event, Daisy the Labradoodle & Bon Voyage

This week has really gone by fast! Let me just say that I started the week off by meeting a friend for lunch with half of my make-up done.

Why you ask? Well, I was doing great until my mascara slips out of my hand, rolls under a piece of furniture, and rolls far, far away. Then everything else seemed to fall. I had about 10 minutes to be at lunch so I made an executive decision to go anyway and suck it up. :) I had one side done and the other, well, not.

It wasn't pretty but my stomach thanked me with lunch! I also had the opportunity to speak to a wonderful group at a law firm this week. It was very rewarding and it prompted great questions as well. It's funny how speaking can lift your own spirits while trying to help others.

I met a wonderful little girl named Daisy today. She is 1 year old and is also known as a "Labradoodle". Yeah! This is not a definite, but she may make the service dog program that I am involved in. If that is the case, I may have a new addition to our family. She is so adorable. I will keep you posted as this will take several months.

Happy birthday to Marie, my awesome mother-in-law. My parents and Marie are all turning 60 this year! Blow out some candles and have a glass of wine or a beer—it's someone's birthday somewhere! We will celebrate soon when we fly our way to Sydney, Australia this coming Monday!

I am so excited and can't wait to explore. We were planning to go last year before I got sick and never made it, so this is a well deserved trip. Hopefully I can find a job as a beach bum surfing! Just kidding—I'll be back, maybe. :)

I am really happy to finally be meeting the rest of Nick's family whom we have talked for so long. My parents and grandmother are headed to the big "D" for the weekend so that will be a fun bon voyage! We always have a great time and enjoy delicious food when they are in town—especially with dad and his free-loader fork, ha!

Have a great weekend everyone and I will be talking, blogging and thinking about you all while we are down under!

Love,
Jen

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

See Here or Here

Martha said...

As Marie would say...no worries about the makeup deal. Really Jen, you are beautiful with or without. Don't forget you can always go the tattoo route. I have seen amazing results in some of the lake gals! Wish I could be there to say Bon Voyage to you, Nick, and mini-Matt. I know you will have fun with your Mom, Dad and Grammy. Just don't let your Dad take a wine glass with him when he goes out to grill unless its plastic! We grew up with GiGi a poodle and have had labs forever, so sounds like another meant to be deal. Love you and have a great trip down under!! Martha

Anonymous said...

That is sooo cool you are getting an assistant dog! I have always wanted one myself! I am kind of jelous. =D

Have FUN in Aussie land!

Anonymous said...

Jen, You looked beautiful on Monday - I had no idea you had problems with your makeup. Have a great trip and I will talk with you when you get back.

Andrea

Anonymous said...

HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP!!! I wish I was going with you. I read the blog every day--and so thrilled with all your exciting news. Will you blog all of us while you are down-under?? Have a blast--and say HI to your family for me this weekend----Love and a Hug--Kathy

Anonymous said...

Jen,Nick and Matthew
Have a great trip - I cannot wait to see you on the other side of the world.
Love
Mum

Marilyn and Randy said...

It was so wonderful to be with you, Nick, Christy and Matt this weekend. I know Marie and family are anxiously awaiting your arrival Downunder!! We will all be eager to hear about your adventures. Be safe my brave Jenny!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Jen,
I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip!!!! Wish I was going....Tell Marie Happy Bday
Love and Miss you,
Jill F

Anonymous said...

So missing you and your posts Jen. We keep signing on hoping to see a new message from down under. Give Marie our best and enjoy your swims on those private beaches. S&S

Gaylin aka Big Momma aka Mother Muffy said...

Dearest Jen, Mother Muffy checking in...have been keeping up with you as you jet around the world. Have a safe, healthy and wonderful trip. I will be checking daily. As always you are in my prayers. Anxious to talk to you and am waiting your call when you return. All my love, g-

Marilyn and Randy said...

Hey Jenny!
So glad you are having a wonderful time in Australia! I keep hearing from folks wanting news..it is yours to tell..I just assure everyone that you are all having a wonderful visit!
Check in again when you find the "connection" and can send some news. Love to all down under..Mom

Anonymous said...

To Jen,
Hi Jen. I have been quietly reading your blog for many months. You need to know that you and your family are in my thoughts and hopes along with my family whom I've shown your blog to. Your positivity is viral and I encourage you to continue to seek the "great mystery" like you say over there. Life is a very difficult puzzle and we all probably leave this great planet without figuring out how all the pieces fit, let alone with the unthinkable challenges you face daily that the majority of people do not. You, Jen, are a brave human being here for a very specific purpose and I am very thankful that you and God are working together in such a wonderful way.
Your friend,
William